Reviews for A drop in the ocean
flyingpardin chapter 2 . 1/18/2015
I don't know if you were planning on continuing this still, but regardless, let me say thanks for the story! It's amazing so far and I'm really enjoying the set-up with the different times and POVs, it works really well and makes an interesting read. Different from most stories :) I love your portrayal of them as teenagers and the contrast to grown up Kid so much, it's very spot on! Sad how Kid is suffering though... REAAAALLLLYYY curious what events led to this current situation. I will have an eye on the story in case it gets updated, for now kudos for a great start! Loved it and I really think it's gonna stay on my mind for a while...
Wakahisa D. Manami chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Oh, God, this chapter just- it takes my feelings and wrenches them.

This is almost what my first time was like; I wanted it and suggested it and then I realised I wasn't ready and didn't want it and I freaked out internally and froze and I was terrified and it hurt like Hell and I hated my boyfriend so much I almost told him to get the fuck out afterwards and never talk to me again and- sorry, sorry, let's just say I understand Law so well in this chapter and I feel so sorry for him and then Kid doesn't understand and is angry at Law and I'm just sitting here bawling like an idiot.

Hope there'll be a third chapter eventually!
migrained chapter 2 . 4/22/2013
Oh my gosh. This story is so utterly beautiful. I absolutely love it. There are some grammatical and typos in it, but I'm sure that's just from typing too fast or something similar. That's besides the point though. I do love this. Eustass having an annual depression about his childhood with Law is, if nothing else, entierly original and brilliant. Now if only you would update so I can figure out just what Eustass did to mess up their relationship. I hope you update soon. Xo, Hinch.
BlackDasiys chapter 2 . 4/15/2013
why must you do this, DX eh, this was updated quite a bit ago as i can see from the date sadley :c i'm really enjoying this story as well, just about as much as wrong numbers, becoming wuite the fan of your work with this pairing, yours storys just suck me chapter two ended i read the authoers comments and when you said if its weird ending it their, i didnt read the rest and thought you ended the story.. :( i like how it does flashbacks, and i just need to know whats gonna happen next, i cant wait for you to write more, or at least i hope you do for this one soon. :) well i wish i knew what else to say except, i love this story 3 and all that good stuff. i hope you keep writing!
snowjanakute chapter 2 . 3/31/2013
This is so good...Law and Kidd are soooooo cute...I can't wait for the rest...I'm also reading "Wrong Number" and I can easily say I'm addicted to your stories...
Also, I wanted to ask you...can I be your beta..since I saw you don't have one for this story yet...if you do then too bad :)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
oh wow.. Awesome story! I really really like it. it's sad.. and addictive. I want to read more! poor Kidd.. anyway please update soon ;)
azab chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
i loved it a lot and i hope you update sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooon
azab chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
awesome!
i really want to know what happened
fictionservicead chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Well I actually really like this and will be continuing to the next chapter but um, why is Law seemingly so small? He's 6'3 in the manga and 26 years old...I mean Kidd is 6'6 but it's only a small difference on the whole...Just seems odd you write him so tiny XD Kinda like a girl
InsaneAndHappyAboutIt chapter 2 . 11/5/2012
And here's the promised review. And if ur still asleep at 9 (in the morning of course) then i can still keep my promise of this being a pleasant surprise when u wake up XD (so fingers crossed...Like what normal person even wakes up before 9 if given the chance, but then again u do have a baby...bat back to the review right?! XD)

First of all i have to say this is a HUGE chapter. I mean seriously, how do u make ur chapters so long?...If i manage to get past 6 pgs (which is at best 4000 words) I’m cracking open the Champaign and doing a weird dance that borders on rain dancing….O3O Seriously….U don’t want to be there when I start shaking my behind….XD Accidents are prone to happen! But clearly that’s not an issue with u or it must rain ALL the time in Denmark! Lol Not that I’m complaining! Keep em long and think of this way. The rain means good crops which means healthy, well fed ppl therefore the longer u make ur chapters the more ur helping the world! XD So keep writing!

But OMFG! Poor Kid!? (And I mean the grownup kid not the actual kids….but im sure u got that XD) U sure don’t ease up on the suffering ey? XD That first part where he was comparing himself to the empty bottle was my favourite by far. I just thought that ur analogy was amazing! OoO Gosh u have some beautiful ideas in that head of ur, that’s for sure….XD (okay that sounded kind of like an insult so scratch it….ahem.) And yes. I was one of the ppl who automatically assumed the twins were Kid’s children (and I even KNEW they were not since u told me in advance! XD) I just loved the way he was so cute with them….And I can totally picture them grabbing onto his legs…Aw! X3

And then we get to see more of Law (which is mostly the reason I’m here anyway….XD This IS a LAW/Kid fiction after all. Lol) Storming into the changing rooms and grabbing a half-naked boy like that?! SO TOTALLY KID! Lol I was actually loling (there’s something ironic about that but I don’t know what….hm….) And I loved the way Law stood up to Kid even though he’s smaller and physically weaker. That’s one of the many things I love about Trafalgar Law! XD He’s one feisty kitty…..X3 But unfortunately when u piss off the big bear u kind of risk a mauling…OAO;;; Didn’t really come as a surprised when Kid acted on his impulses…AND OMG WHAT IMPULSES! XD HOT lol I’m so very glad though that Kid didn’t result to rape (I already dragged the poor guy through the dirt….and I can tell u this. U would get a hundred reviews all bashing Kid and then no matter how you try to get sympathy for him….u won’t. O3O People get really vicious when Law is the victim…scary…) So yeah! Good one dodging THAT bullet! XD

Next part I loved (you know if I go through all of them ill make a bigger review than ur chapter! XD) I loved the part where we see how easily Law riled Kid up! 9 days and he’s ready to become a criminal?! Classic Law He knows the influence he has and he sure as hell uses it! XD Kid has no clue what he got himself into ey? His proposal to make Kid his if he won, is testament to that. Like Kid had a snowball’s chance in hell of winning after that…XD And are those FEELINGS im sniffing in the horizon? OAO A little pinch of L-O-V-E maybe? The perfect spice for a most delicious dish! But the way you jump from Kid’s drama in the present to the SUPER active past! It totally keeps my emotions on the rail! XD U did a heck of a job and I can’t say that enough times! XD

So this is where I’ll end. On a happy note full of praise cos I actually have to get ready to go to school….(fuck, I hate that my holiday’s over! TAT) I really needed to read something as great as this to put me in high spirits and u darling get the golden ribbon! (coming from me it’s more like copper cos I can’t afford gold to save my life….so if ever ur thinking of searching for a job don’t work for me. U’ll get diddly squat! XD) UPDATE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! (I cannot stress that request enough! XD And I’ll be expecting all the pretty spoilers! X3)
deadhemoglobin chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
I was listening to a random song, I think it's ‘You and I’ but I don't know the artist while reading this chapter and I nearly cried. Seriously, Eustass-ya? How long would you suffer over Trafalgar Law? I can totally sympathize with him and the way you write the details adds to the fuel. It hurt so much. It was exactly like simply existing and not living because the person he wanted just wasn't there beside him.

Hey lovely author, I love the way you write. Thank you so much for this wonderful story and for all your hard work in writing Kid/Law fics. I also love Wrong Number. P.S. When you introduce the kids, I was actually thinking about adoptive kids or something like that. Lame guess I know and I was shocked he had a sister and Shanks was his ex-brother-in-law. Kidd having a wife and kids would not happen, in my own opinion since he was still pretty much under the rigid spell of Law. Excellent job. Keep at it. Thanks again!
Ullragg chapter 2 . 10/30/2012
Ah, most enjoyable so far indeed. Past!Kid might have manage to salvage the situation so far, but it's clear enough that this is not going to last exactly, is it?
But damn, Law initiating it or not, Kid needs to actually apologize properly, because that was really just not okay. Well, both of them handled it pretty unprofessionally, and they're both anything but experienced, so I guess there's no helping it. We ARE talking two frikkin prideful stubborn asses after all.

The switching back and forth between timelines is no new concept, but you do it well enough, and I do like that you actually write the actual dates, makes it easy to keep track of how fast time is passing.

The concept that Kid could be living with a sister and her children is indeed a strange one, but despite my dislike of children, I am absolutely loving the gentle and tender side of him you are revealing through his interaction with these children.

uhm
Can't really come up with much more to say. It's late. I should be in bed xD
StrawberryGirlKairi chapter 2 . 10/27/2012
This story is really good!
The uncle Kid part was so cute, its kinda hard to imagine Kid playing with little kids.
I can't wait for the next chapter! I'm so excited now!
random reader chapter 2 . 10/26/2012
I need more! update soon plz
AkaNeko-san chapter 2 . 10/26/2012
I did think it was his kids at first. Kid's kids xD. Hahaha lol, forget about the lame joke...

Anyways, I didn't see that coming. I mean, I thought that they would continue in a bad mood with each other (especially on Law's side..), not that they would make it up so soon. Not that I don't like it, but now I wonder why is it that they broke apart? Hmm hmm guess I'll just have to wait so pleeeeeeease updaaaaate I want mooooore! *whines*