Reviews for Waltzing in the Rain
ursae-minoris chapter 11 . 2/3
Such amazing story! please, write more chapters! :D
Ronin-ai chapter 11 . 12/30/2013
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I read this entire chapter cackling like a wicked witch! Particularly that last part when Laguna catches Jasper with Ellone and everything hits the fan! LOVE IT! Great chapter! can't wait for the rest!
Summoner Luna chapter 11 . 12/30/2013
I really like the conversation between Rinoa and Caraway. I've been musing a lot lately over their relationship and how it gets repaired down the road (I blame motherhood for that...) so it's quite enjoyable to read somebody else's take on it. Plus I always find it interesting in fic when Rinoa pushes Squall to have a relationship with his father without acknowledging the rocky relationship she has with her own, so it's really nice to see that balance with both of them trying to reconcile.

Though poor Laguna is just having a really bad day, isn't he? It seems tossing Jasper in with Squall is probably the best punishment he could have come up with. I look forward to seeing how that little scene plays out next!
Layla Evercrest chapter 11 . 12/29/2013
YAY for an update! What an excellent one too. It was long but thats not always bad! I loved that we got to wrap things up between Rinoa-Squall-Furry fight and dove right into poor Laguna Vs Jasper. Its an interesting dynamic between Furry and Laguna. Not the same people at all, but in very weird way, have more in common then most people. The ending is perfect too. haha
crystalrose78 chapter 5 . 11/25/2013
Great so far!
Summoner Luna chapter 10 . 9/14/2013
I just love Laguna... He gives such an impression that he's kind of clueless, and then surprises people by how firm he can be. And it was very sweet the way he stood up for and defended Squall... I hope that somehow Squall finds out about that.

I'mg glad that Rinoa told her father, and I hope that Squall isn't too upset that she didn't run it past him first. It's nice to see those two attempting to reconcile, and hopefully her truthfulness will earn her some trust from That Man so they'll actually be able to start getting along.

Only two more chapters? I hope that means we get a wedding soon!
Roarke Q. Stratton chapter 10 . 9/4/2013
I really loved where you took the backstory about Julia's death - it revealed a lot about why Caraway ended up the way he did (especially in regard to how he tried to protect Rinoa) and how Rinoa saw her mother and father's relationship. Stitching in the scenes where we can see the others reacting to the audio was a very nice touch and it allowed us to see how each person took the news differently. Fantastic chapter and looking forward to seeing how everything gets resolved.
Roarke Q. Stratton chapter 9 . 9/4/2013
Fury's continued snarkiness always makes me chuckle, and I love the fact that Fury was caught by Estharian guards. Can you imagine the tabloid headlines for that story?!

The more you write Jasper and Ellone, the more I want you to continue to write about them - they seem to have such a strong and intimate relationship, and I hope that we get to learn more of their backstory.

Looking forward to the epic showdown I envision between Fury "The Snarky Fist" Caraway and Laguna "Is That A Kitten? I LOVE KITTENS!" Loire.
Roarke Q. Stratton chapter 8 . 9/4/2013
The best thing about this chapter, hands down, is the image of Laguna in chicobo floaties. I demand art for this mental image! The banter was thoroughly entertaining in this chapter, and I hope you go more into depth about Jasper's past as the story continues; He is a well-rounded, strong character, and who wouldn't want to know more about one of those elusive White SeeDs?!
Roarke Q. Stratton chapter 7 . 9/4/2013
I think it was awesome that you portrayed Zell x Library Girl's relationship differently than most of the fandom usually does, and the boys' conversation gave us a greater insight to Zell's relationship with his mother and how sweet it really is.

Great chapter!
Roarke Q. Stratton chapter 6 . 9/4/2013
Zombies? Always improves a boys' night - Zell and Jasper just add to the comedy of that scene. :) Love the Jasper/Ellone pairing and how Squall all of a sudden is interested in the conversation once he realizes his Big Sis is all grown up and in a relationship. Excellent chapter, as always.
Roarke Q. Stratton chapter 5 . 9/4/2013
Laguna talking about Raine always tugs at my heartstrings a bit - they had to overcome such difficulties, and Laguna still clearly loves her deeply and mourns for her. After reading this, I kind of hate the Winhillian population a little more.

Guna and Squall having "the talk" still puts me in fits of giggles, and I absolutely loved the Fury x Lavender scene. Great chapter.
Roarke Q. Stratton chapter 4 . 9/4/2013
A.) Holy Geezard is going on my list of entertaining FFVIII-isms.
B.) The way you build out your characters and explore what really makes them the way they are is fantastic, and thoroughly awesome to read.
C.) I love how Rin was the one to propose to Squall - :)
Roarke Q. Stratton chapter 3 . 9/4/2013
Whenever Squall demolishes what he attempts to cook, I always get the mental image of the entire dormitory wing having to evacuate while the smoke detectors blare loudly for what seems like forever...the firemen showing up to "clear" the situation, and everyone just pointing at Squall and being like, "HE DID IT."

The chapter was wonderfully written and very heartfelt - the moment on the roof was a beautiful little peak into the romantic side of Squall, which exists no matter how vehemently he tries to deny it.
Roarke Q. Stratton chapter 2 . 9/4/2013
It's nice to see Irvine as the voice of reason sometimes-although in the game he comes off a bit goofy and overly flirtatious, I have always envisioned him being grounded and full of good advice. The touch with Rinoa being a healer is excellent, and I like how Squall wasn't initially excited for her to be a healer because he thought she'd be happy, but because it would be good for "public opinion" - that just shows how much is going on and in how many different directions he's being pulled.