Reviews for Just Desserts
Crazie79 chapter 1 . 2/21
i want to read more...
Majerus chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Interesting, good back-grounding and character study. A friend recommended DAYD and I've decided I wanted to see what else was lurking in the 130 other works you've written.
Towards that end I'm working my way through all of your "prequel" type stories on the way to your main event. I'm hoping I don't step out of line, thus ruining some of your timelines/plotting.
I've been to the LiveJournal site and did not find the thing I'm looking for:
A chronologically safe reading list.
If that's available, I'd really appreciate directions :)
M
PhoenixQuille chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Lilllllyyyyy...How do you get into the heads of so many diverse and unique people? How do you create flesh and functioning (or not-functioning) lives out of tertiary characters and tropes? Phenomenal.
Chianina chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Wonderful. This gave me a unique -at least for me- insight of the relationship between Severus and Lily, fascinating, really. I love Severus' character, but I like it how you describe him so realistically, flaws and all. Thank you.
too much bashing chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
based on your big fic, I already know that you are not just a snape hater but quite a large basher who does not, and is not, interested in following cannon. It's interesting how what snape does is viewed as creepy but when James says "don't make me hex (hit) you" and never stops when she tells him to then it's seen as ok. Even when it's 4 on one then it's also seen as ok as well. This is a massive double standard.

Im only on anon because I don't feel like waking up to a long rant on why Snape is a villain and having to talk with someone who wont listen to canon or anything I have to say.

Well, feel free to delete this if you feel you must. Cus I can already feel the crows of 'only cowards post on anon' coming.
RumbleRoar811 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I really love how you show Lily's relationship with Snape here. He DID see her as a prize, and he didn't really care if she was happy with James. Jily is my OTP, just saying, and I also like that you call James 'Jim', even though I see him as more of a Jamie or Jimmy... :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Wow, I really liked this. Very mature writing-very real dialogue, and your descriptions are wonderful. I'm gonna look through your other stories now!

PS: Don't listen to the critical reviews. People who don't realize Jim is a diminutive of James can't be too bright.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
A serious, quality fic. Will you continue in this vein, maybe with a could-have-been story?
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Love it. You use some beautiful similes, and great descriptions. The tone is balanced and you give a seemingly small event some real depth. And, best of all, that last line made tge whole fic. Well done!
madbrad chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Excellent exploration of the Snape/Lily dynamic. Brilliant closing line, too. 'Cause Snape certainly kept his candle burning for Lily for the rest of this life (as unbelievable as Rowling might have made it).
Saltey chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
This is perfect as usual, I love seeing Snape's 'love' presented as what it really is, as rather stalkerish and creepy, also mini Tonks at the start was so adorable too.
anonlulz chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
This story is not "compatable" with me. I don't know who Jim is, or where he came from. I also don't understand why this is marked as Snape/Lily if it's anything but.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
James, not Jim. Not bad, but not brilliant either. Keep writing
Arnel 63 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Oh, very nice, very chilling. It'd be interesting to see this same story from Severus' side. I can see why Lily chose James the way she did. Well done.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Yes. Of course, four boys beating the crap out of one is still 'two boys hurting each other' to Lily. I bet Sirius has told her wonderful stories about how much fun they have with Snivellus.

But of course the victim is supposed to love the people who beat him up, and the girl who enabled them.