Reviews for Dark Winds
Sylvia Elaine chapter 9 . 4/26
I've just read this story and I have to say it's the weirdest story I've ever read on this site. I'm not a fan of the supernatural genre usually, having suffered nightmares from a very young age if anyone so much as mentioned little green men or UFOs. However, I was totally hooked on this story and I have to say it was exceptionally well written from beginning to end. You made it sound so plausible and yet I knew, deep down, it couldn't possibly be real. The epilogue, where we found it was all a figment of Mike's fever filled brain, was both a relief and, strangely, a let down because I almost wanted Steve to defeat the supernatural being that had invaded his body and prove that good transcends all evil. A very interesting story that I wish I hadn't read just now as I'm about to go to bed! If I have nightmares then it's all your fault!
keller12917 chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
That was all a dream?! or was it?!
keller12917 chapter 8 . 11/16/2014
This was a very intense chapter! I too wish Steve his revolver right then and even though it is not in him to kill an unarmed person or whatever this was I wish Mike would have let Steve take the thing out.
keller12917 chapter 7 . 11/16/2014
OMG I have never seen Steve raise a hand to Mike no matter what!
keller12917 chapter 6 . 11/16/2014
I am glad Trundle is going with Mike I got a feeling it would not be good for Mike to go alone.
keller12917 chapter 5 . 11/16/2014
I don't like this Steve is acting too weird and not like how he normally would I mean sort of like he is under some sort of spell.
keller12917 chapter 4 . 11/16/2014
For something totally made up you sure wrote it totally believable.
keller12917 chapter 3 . 11/16/2014
Oh man this is getting stranger and stranger :S First he is watching game shows and zoning out and now he is talking Chinese...
keller12917 chapter 2 . 11/16/2014
Steve should know when Mike makes up his mind there is no changing it and Mike has had longer to practice his glare. :)
keller12917 chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
I can't believe I missed this story! That was hugely traumatic I bet for Steve having a hold of her and her fighting to get away from him and then her dropping. Excellent!
TheNaggingCube chapter 9 . 10/19/2013
non no no nonono you do not get to end this one here! I must have more!

This was really a great spooky story. A sequel perhaps?
Tanith2011 chapter 9 . 11/10/2012
I was going to say "Phew! what a relief that this was all a nightmare!" until you had Steve speaking in a foreign language and his eyes turning dark! Arghhh! Sequel, please!

This was very cleverly written. What a twist! I very much like how you are experimenting with your genres.

Something I would like to suggest is, perhaps listing this story under "horror/drama" in the genre criteria? It's definitely worthy of being listed as a horror story, deliciously suitable for Halloween. Supernatural is good too...but that was one creepy tale right up to the ominous ending you left us with!

Another suggestion: Please write more and soon! You're a terrific writer!
Tanith2011 chapter 8 . 11/10/2012
Action packed chapter and superbly delivered sequences. But...

OMG what have you done to Keller?! This does not bode well!
Mounty Swiss chapter 9 . 11/9/2012
mcatB chapter 9 . 11/9/2012
I'm not sure if I like this anymore! Loved the fight scene, but the dream sequence... no so much! And then the teaser ending! You're driving me crazy here! Lovehatelove! I will eagerly and patiently wait for anything else you write.