Reviews for An Indirect Proof
Shakespeare's Lemonade chapter 9 . 4/7/2013
I've been lying on the couch all day, sick, so I decided to read this story, and I finished the whole thing. It was so interesting I couldn't stop. I loved how you built up this mystery of who owned the desk before Rick and what was missing from the ODS. I think it was very easy to feel the dissonance with the team, especially in Carson's guilt and Rick's confusion. I'll admit, I was anxious for Billy to show up, but that just kept me reading, waiting to see how things would turn out. I thought you did an amazing job with the AU angle. Some people don't handle that kind of story very well, but this was just fantastic. I didn't want it to end.

I also love the way you delved into all the characters. Even the minor ones like Fay and Adele came to life in this story. I thought you did a great interpretation of Carson too. From what little we know of him, his behavior in this story still seems entirely consistent.

Now I almost wish there were a sequel, but that might be drawing things out a little too much. :D
BleedPurple chapter 9 . 2/23/2013
So I'm reading this again and I couldn't help but thinkā€¦it would be wonderful if this story had a sequel! I'd love to see the team catch up to Carson, who doesn't know whether or not Billy died or even if Rick and Billy or the the whole team made it out alive. Its fascinating that this story has left me worried about Carson's emotional state!
sockie1000 chapter 9 . 11/1/2012
awww... what a satifying ending. *contented sigh*

and lol at the comments about the placement of rick's desk! :)

thanks so much for writing this story- I really enjoyed it.
TheNaggingCube chapter 9 . 11/1/2012
no no no no no... can't be over. you have to give us an epilogue, Billy has to pull out the secret drawer and realize that young Rick has read the poetry and they have tip a pint together! PLEASE!
robby1925 chapter 9 . 11/1/2012
Great job on this. Everything dove-tailed together perfectly. Thanks again for keeping up the fandom.
robby1925 chapter 8 . 10/30/2012
This was amazing Faye. You pulled the whole story together from bits and pieces of the series and made it something unique. Thanks so much for staying with this fandom. I always look forward to reading your work.
Oracle10 chapter 8 . 10/29/2012
I was going to try and make this review witty or something, but my brain is too busy squealing like a rabid fangirl. You'll just have to imagine that I've said something amusingly clever and mildly insightful.
sockie1000 chapter 8 . 10/29/2012
what a great chapter! I loved the parallel you drew between Billy and Simms and their mistakes. And I'm so glad that Rick is asserting himself and finally being treated like an equal in return instead of like a rookie. can't wait to see how this ends!
TheNaggingCube chapter 8 . 10/29/2012
So glad I did not see COMPLETE as the status.

Wow LOVE Rick's handling of the team and Billy's subsequent handling. Wonderful how you put them all together as a team.

Reasons why Billy accepted Carson's mistakes... just outstandingly done.
BleedPurple chapter 7 . 10/27/2012
Aw...you mean I have to wait until Monday for another part? Shucks! LOL!

I'm enjoying this dynamic with Simms. He's not merely some backstabbing, greedy traitor. He's a tortured, conflicted agent, torn between his loyalty to the ODS and his personal quest for something better than himself. I really appreciate the depth you bring to these characters even though we had such a short time to know them!
Oracle10 chapter 7 . 10/27/2012
I missed a few days and now there's two new chapters, awesome! I totally did not see the thing with Carson as a traitor coming. Wow... I am eagerly awaiting the Monday update.
sockie1000 chapter 7 . 10/25/2012
you know, I've never liked Simms much. But you did such a great job explaining his dilemma and thought patterns that you actually had me feeling sorry for him... until Billy showed up. sigh. he deserved better. glad you have a few more chapters to make it right. :)
robby1925 chapter 6 . 10/23/2012
I have to admit I didn't start reading this right away. It didn't mention Billy so I skipped over it. Since it was written by you I decided to try it and I have to say, it's excellent. I love how you've twisted the episodes. I'm truly looking forward to reading more.
BleedPurple chapter 6 . 10/22/2012
I love this story more than I like the actual episode with Carson Simms. I remember feeling incredibly bad for Rick that he was rescuing his replacement and the ODS team didn't seem even a tiny bit conflicted about it. This way works so much better! I love how Billy refuses to be a victim! Even after being a hostage for so long, he's still fun and ready to get the job done! I love how there's something telling Rick that something isn't right, but he can't put his finger on it! I love Carson's shadiness! I love Rick whump!

I hope you upload the next part SOON!
TheNaggingCube chapter 6 . 10/22/2012
I wondered how you'd work it around to Carson ... because there is no way ever that Billy was bad.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Billy/Rick interactions... fantastic.

The trust, omg, the trust was wonderful.