Reviews for Frozen In A Moment
YaoiChikan chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
Another amazing story of troubled brothers! T.T They have the best bond ever. It makes me cry...it really does. BUT great job! You captured the characters well again! Good job. And poor salem...
Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Wow, well done! There aren't enough good AOT fics out there. Thank you for posting this! In the aftermath of the 40th Day, this is a great look into Salem and Rios's relationship. Thank you again!
Rothalion chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
I just began playing the games, actually had to start with 'The Fortieth Day' so I am new to the fandom. This is one of the finest stories I have come across. You do an excellent job capturing Elliot's confusion, grief, anger and guilt over his decision. From what I have seen of these two guys your story keeps them in character. Elliot's impetuosity battling with Rios' more mindful mode of action. Having seen the endings I don't think Rios would be capable of making the cut and dry decision that you have Salem make in your story, I think he'd be more apt to try and split hairs.
Some bits that stand out for me:

"There was no thinking" ...No Salem I think mostly acts upon feeling. Conversely "Rios stands aside, unmoved, face schooled into a carefully empty expression." Rios feigns, or is still not feeling.

"I don't hate you, Elliot. I just can't look at you."...Why... because he's not just guilty at being alive but also Elliot is a mirror, he can see what he'd be had he shot Jonah, or is he seeing what he'd have lost had he and I think Rios was a hell of a lot closer to shooting Salem then Salem was to shooting Rios, shot Salem.

"Elliot..." There's more spoken through the one word than he cares to try and translate."...Wonderful line that wraps up the relationship nicely.

""You're a child. You've always been an impulsive fucking child and I was too blind and stupid to see it."" Rios equates Salem's instinct with immaturity. Too blind...and maybe a bit jealous of Elliot's ability to just 'act'.

All told a great job!
Vault-Pizza chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Man you really know how to write emotions. Aww I was so scared Rios would hate him forever, or any really sad ending really.

I really, really like how you wrote Salem's angst, now he needs a hug the poor thing. Ahh this made me so sad i could cry, great job.
MissWindowsill chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Yeah I chicken out too when I make something good and then when I'm gonna do a follow up I'm scared of ruinging it so I understand how you feel.

And that wiki is pretty lacking : (

Oh maaan this nearly made me cry, Rios noo don't be so mean to the poor guy. I really thouhgt Salem was gonna do something drastic with the gun for a while and that Rios would freeze him out forever. I'm pleasantly surprsied that none of that happened!

Wow you're really good at getting down emotions. gets my eyes all teary. I can't-!

Very nice, oh it's awesome that you found some time to write more 3
game-on-panda chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
... Consider me shocked, dropped, and speechless. 40th Day's ending has troubled me somewhat since I completed it a few months back, but you've written a marvelous epilogue here, and really dug deeply into the complicated issue of instinct. I think focusing on Salem's instinctual act, and viewing it not as him making a choice, but simply acting as he does, is your strength. You've nailed the character's psyche, how troubled he really is, and how complicated his actions really are. Fantastic, utterly brilliant work.