Reviews for Turn Up The Heat
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 7 . 9/27/2014
I wish you knew French creole! That way you could teach me and I wouldn't have to butcher what little of the language I know every time a Haitian patient comes in.

THIS HAS BEEN SATISFYING AND... I DON'T THINK IT WAS MY BEST IDEA TO READ THE SEXY BEFORE BED TIME.

On another note... thanks for putting up with me.
bombay 05201626 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
OMG I really enjoyed this read, it's one of the best I've ever read plz write more.
Ryoko05 chapter 7 . 6/11/2013
my gosh. This was so damn beautiful. that last part of the chapter, you really nailed home how much they love one another. also, i wish I had read this story before reading 'The Rift trilogy' because the heart break would have hit home even more. to see such love in this story and to know they lost it in the other story would have probable made me cry...so i guess it's a good thing I read that first :) i also really like the nicknames and hope your 'Beautiful Stranger' incorporates so of that (we have gotten princess :)

ps: Am I the only person in the world that doesn't really like Pablo Neruda? I've read his 100 poems, do you have another recommendation? I feel like I'm missing something because everyone likes him so much.

Thanks so much for another great story!
Ryoko05 chapter 5 . 6/11/2013
awww 'My Pamela' that is so freaking cute! This chapter was pure..unicorn! thank you.
Ryoko05 chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
yep, i'm reading everything ya got hahaha. But! i'm actually going to sleep at a normal hour AND getting work done tomorrow :) I'm so excited I've found your Pam/Tara works because you write them wonderfully.

ps: you maybe already know and actually, you may have used it on propose cause hello deep south and that scene was pretty much a blazing example, but the term 'uppity' when used by a white person to a black person is racist...like this is legit in the dictionary and history books true.
blumoone chapter 7 . 3/8/2013
This piece is nothing short of a work of art, a literary masterpiece that has literally sucked me in and wouldn't release me until i had finished. Your descriptions are incredible, characterizations, amazing, imagination flawless. This is an absolute gem and an utter joy to read. Thank you for writing it.
A2463 chapter 7 . 12/19/2012
Love it!
wilhelmina chapter 7 . 11/26/2012
Yes!Finished the story! I wish there would have been more. The angsty separation bit was my favourite. I kept thinking something is going to happen to Pam while they're separated. She has such cool exterior, because she cares too much, and the people she cares about, she'll go infinite amount of miles for. So for the writers of the series, she's always a good tool to bring out protective instincts in a lot of characters. Which is also, why her overboard sarcasm is so alluring and funny, because she talks big but usually always has a point, and deep down she has a heart and cares.

Thank you for this.
Truebie chapter 7 . 11/17/2012
Loved the first part. They really are too similar and too different at same time. I also liked how their little deal about not going to ground angry. It's such a human thing to do, so sweet.

The twilight thing - so poignant and beautiful.

Their little bickering was so adorable. I can totally imagine them being that way one day. "Blood snob" had me chuckling.

Then the whole blue eyes thing - you went all out in the romance department, didn't ya? It was so sweet it hurt.

Absolutely loved how intuitive Tara is. They way she simply said "She was your first?" Just wow. Continues to amaze me. I love how she couldn't really control her jealousy and how Pam reassured her.

"There is sand in my bra." - Oh god, I lost it there! Such a Pam thing to say! Reminds me of the scene after she turned Tara on the show. Brilliant. Not to mention the writings on Pam's skin. So precious.

You caught me completely off guard with Neruda. We did it in high school a couple of years ago and it made a huge impression on me. I still know it by heart in my native language. I bow to you for that one.

The ending was perfect. An absolute gem in the world of Tamela fiction. I selfishly hope you never stop writing and sharing your gift with us. Standing ovation.
Truebie chapter 6 . 11/17/2012
Okay, I wanna say something deep and meaningful, but I don't actually remember anything that happened before I heard Pam in my head say "Easy." I think half of my brain simply turned off at that point. Seriously, how can you do that with a single word?

I'm not sure what I want to see more on the show - the whole Tara slamming Pam up against a wall thing or throwing her on the bar top. I don't think I'd survive either way.

Then the whole dialogue, or rather Tara's monologue - hot, hot, hot.

The whole kinky part - I...I think the smart thing to do is not comment at all. Because if I go there, I don't know there is a rating high enough to cover it. Let's just say that it was definitely a pleasant surprise. Yes. Let's go with that.

Ahem. Where was I?

Oh, yes. Just when I thought it couldn't get any hotter than that, you outdid yourself once again. Pam definitely returned the favor. I love that she used the bar again. *snicker* And there's something about the image of her kicking Tara's ankles further apart that's extremely hot.

I mentioned Tara's monologue earlier. Pam definitely excelled in that area, too.

Absolutely adored the sweetness that is the last part of the chapter. Not to mention the "Honey, I'm home" line.
Truebie chapter 5 . 11/17/2012
I wanted to post a single review for the 3 chapters I haven't reviewed, but I figured it would be a novel so I simply decided to give you 3 separate, fairly huge ones. :)

Sooo, I'm having trouble getting my brain to cooperate, lol. I absolutely loved the little Jessica moment and her dropping fang. We totally understand you, Jess.

Oh my dear god, the Pam show that turned into the Tara show! That whole thing may be one of the most erotic scenes I've ever read. The way Tara blatantly went to deal with her...situation was unexpected, but pretty much a bingo moment. The way Pam guided her through the whole thing... *shudder*

And then the I love yous! Loved the way you did it. It was so natural for Tara and I love how she didn't make a big deal out of it. She simply said it because she wanted to and didn't pressure Pam to do it, too. And then Pam said it. Tamela heaven!

The "do you trust me" thing? Wow. I love how you manage to have a hot moment, followed by a sweet one and then get us right into some angst. It's all wrapped up in such a wonderful way.

And then we got some hotness again, and was it hot or what? Sizzling. Absolutely loved it.

"Make a memory with me,"
"I'm going to love you until you beg me to stop."
"Only with my heart, body and soul,"

- I just love the way you word things. It's pure art. These sentences actually gave me goosebumps. Wow.
lostpieceofyou chapter 7 . 11/15/2012
Turn up the Heat

I loved this closing chapter to bits. I couldn’t have loved it more. I envisioned you ending this story two ways, one was pretty much similar to this and the other had Tara becoming a maker and grandsire Pam, maker Tara and childe (insert name) becoming a little family with Pam performing a “u turn” and being the all doting, relaxed, spoiling mother that just enjoys “parenthood” while Tara had to be the grown up, tough loving parent that truly had to rise the “kid”.

But as far as the integrity of the story goes I loved the route you went better, it was such a riveting tale. I went back to read the first chapter, the subtle touches, the nightmare, the holding Tara and the calling her treasure and the went to read the last and it felt so connected.

I think you truly get them, the characters, emotionally. I love your Tara. I have a soft spot for Tara, I just want the girl to be happy. So when reading I mostly sleep into Pam’s shoes, and when Tara went all insecure over Meara I felt it, along with Pam. And it was so true to Tara’s character, to wish, to honestly wish, to know about her lover past and to also be all proud that Pam would be sharing and then to go and feel all unconfident about . . . I just want to hug that girl. And blaming the hormones? What she was at the point? About two hundred? Seriously, Tara! Seriously! That made me laugh. The playing bit was good and didn’t feel out of place, or out of character which is a risk considering the cool nature of the Pam.

But Tara writing on Pam’s back and they playful banter, that was heavenly… like the heart and the juvenile delinquent and Pam being not emotional… while we all know what a softie she is when it comes to T.

You already know how I feel about the “name calling” so I shall not repeat myself.

More power to you for using Pablo Neruda.

Tara misunderstanding Pam words was true to her character and it hurt so much to read it, but Pam! Oh Pam, the way she handled it was absolutely magnificent and it made me fell in love with her all over again a thousand time in a second. Tara need to be forcefully reminded… erm by forcefully, I meant “not being allowed to leave the bed by being kissed and poeted”…

Off to review The Rift . . . this name brings back bad memories if you know what I mean!

Ciao . . .
ParaLuv chapter 7 . 11/4/2012
Aww...damn. :-( I'm sad to see this great story come to an end, but it has been a wonderful display of angst,sex, romance. I loved your ending to this...the romance was so freaking epic! I loved the playful nature on the beach, the non-English nicknames( oh so sexy!), the reciting of poetry and their declarations of love. I could not stop smiling and had to put on my fangirl tap shoes. Hehe. In my opinion, I don't see this type of romance anymore in this day and age so to see it done so well thru your writing, is definitely a gift I've enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. :-)
Kubla chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
So sad that it has to come to an end. Enjoyed reading it tremendously, the fun/sexy/intense dynamic, especially all the nicknames Pam gave to Tara, I LOVED IT. I hope you will not abandon this theme completely, maybe have playful one off fics where they are on a vacation( similar to this beach house) or something like that, or maybe having a party with their vamp family. Hope you'll give it some thought:)
Lots of hugs to you, you make me smile with your fics.
flint198 chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
Sad to see it end:( you did a great job thanks for sharing it
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »