Reviews for Circle
GeorgyannWayson chapter 1 . 3/4
Hello there! I'm a Staffer from The Reviews Lounge Too and your story was recommended by one of your readers to be in our Archives! For reference, I'm completely canon blind, though I did read a bit about original canon to get a better grasp of the plot here, so please excuse me for any misunderstandings that I may have. On we go!

This line here [Her mind was quick and grew steadily] shows how the experiences that Moanna went through have shaped her, even though at this stage of her life, her physical age hasn't yet caught up to match those experiences. Her soul has battle scars, but she is still innocent right here. It's as if they will lie dormant until the time that they'll be called to be awoken from slumber.

I really love how Faun understands that Moanna is old, but not in the physical sense. Though she's a child that asks questions out of innocent curiosity, Faun answers her as though she's an adult because in his eyes, she already is. He knows that one day, things will change but he will continue to watch over her until the time comes to release her.

And that time has come here with [She stood tall and proud]. There is never an outright statement that Faun feels any sense of sadness, but I really do get a sense of it as Moanna leaves his presence. Can't say why, and I don't even know if I'm right about that. Nevertheless, he must move on. His job -for right now- is finished. He has new assignments to take on.

I can see where the theme of a circle comes in with this ending. Even after years of separation, Faun still recognizes Moanna and I love that he personally comes to her to call her home (or wherever she's supposed to go next). What a beautiful way to close the life of Moanna.

You did a wonderful job with this, I really enjoyed it! Thank you very much for writing it and good luck on your future projects!
darkaccalia520 chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
This was awesome. I've never read in this fandom before, but I always liked the movie, so I thought I'd check this out.

This hearkens to the film wonderfully! You've captured the voices of Faun and Moanna so well, and your description really made me feel like I was watching the film all over again. I loved your poetic prose.

I really loved how you captured Moanna's innocence, not remembering her past and how Faun had to patiently answer all her questions and guide her along the way. It really captured the film nicely.

This was a gorgeous piece. It was so well-written. Well done! :)
Toaofwriting chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
Very well done. Great job.
WatchCollector chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I thought that this was fantastic, the story captured the essence of the two characters more than a lot of stories I have read. The prose is very haunting, almost like poetry, and I think this works well as a one-shot piece. The message cuts deep and striking with the idea that Moanna's fate is one of a vicious never-ending cycle. It is a shame that no one else has reviewed this because I think it deserves some attention! All in all, excellent work.