Reviews for One Hundred and Sixty Nine
Honey Wrench chapter 57 . 56m
I loved this story! The way you ended it was pretty much perfect. Thank you for this beautiful Sirmione. I’m a little obsessed with this pairing now, the only other one I’ve read is DOT, but this was wonderful too. Cheers.
robin chapter 57 . 5/20
Excellent story! Thank you for sharing!
Arby101 chapter 57 . 5/19
Oh my gosh. I swear that was the most satisfying fic I've read in such a long time. You solved all the problems and it was truly amazing. Thank you so much! You have incredible talent and I hope to read more of your magic soon 3
WillowOdair chapter 57 . 5/15
I am breathless at the end of this. I spent to days staying up way to late and barely sleeping before diving right back into this. This is my favorite time turner story and I have read a lot f them. I loved so very much that she got to see that she made things better but still got to go back. Although you do me in with the seperate timelines. I cried a bit okay a lot. You even gave me good feeling about Walburga Black and I didnt think that was possible, I also enjoyed Rab's storyline Im glad he got a bit of redemption. Dumbledores death was brilliant. I was holding my breath through the entire fight scene with Remus and Voldy until I read they were all safe. I may have almost passed out. But this was so marvelous thank you for sharing.
whoissalmon chapter 57 . 5/2
I enjoyed this story very much, finding the writing and story to be quite a nice diversion during my days reading it. For the most part I found the pace quite good, with the exception of a short succession of chapters set during October, whose timing was somewhat out of tune with what had happened before them. While I see the justification for those chapters, and they crucially set up the conclusion, they made me concerned about whether October would turn out to have one chapter per calendar day. By that point, I was eager for the conclusion so I was just getting a little bit impatient. However the action involving the dragon raid helped keep my focus, despite the anticipation.

Probably my favourite aspect of this story, in general, was the awareness of historical context involved in the MI5 side-story. That it came back in the end was fantastic, especially Moody's and Voldemort's inner commentaries on the deaths at the hands of muggles. Contrasting those perspectives was quite humorous. This historical awareness was even more effective with your use of deeper magical lore through the investigations of Flamel and Dumbledore. I actually didn't enjoy the scene in which that was explained, the pedantic attitude of Dumbledore and Moody's theoretical disinterest created a tense mental environment for me (which I assumed was intentional), but I really enjoyed the explanation altogether. Handling both magical lore and British Cold War politics is not something one sees often in fanfiction!

One issue I had with the story which seemed contradictory was just a minor point: that Remus was able to go to the Potters for tea on October 31st when the Fidelius has already been cast. Perhaps my understanding of the charm isn't correct, but it seemed to me that he wouldn't be able to locate it without Peter's assistance, or perhaps if someone exited the house (as was necessary when Moody arrived). This is a small detail, but one which would've dramatically altered Hermione's plan if it had become an obstacle. So I guess I'd just like verification on how there wasn't a contradiction in that detail.

Still, a good friend of mine recommended this story, and I was so pleased to find another very long, well-constructed, Sirius/Hermione fic. It had been quite a while since I perused this pairing, and only at the recommendation that I took a gander. And by no means has it disappointed! Thank you very much!
September And Summer chapter 57 . 4/27
I’ve just finished this story and I’m so sad I have! This was insanely good! I love Hermione/Sirius timetravel but most of the time they get together in the first week or something. Your way was much more realistic - and entertaining. The characters were amazingly written, specifically Sirius, Remus and Hermione. I also love the idea that she goes after the war - most of the ones I’ve read she goes to school, and I have to say I’m starting to enjoy this way better! It makes much more sense - and flexibility for reasonings etc. Anyway, I hope you do a sequel or something (I think I saw a Remus spin-off thing) because I want to see more of Sirius and Hermione! Xx
TheLoud chapter 1 . 4/25
I’m posting another review to add that this story changed my life. Now when my family members get home, I don’t ask, “How was your day?” Instead I ask security questions like these, so they have to make up shenanigan stories for my entertainment
TheLoud chapter 57 . 4/24
Thanks for this fun story! It all fits together like a puzzle. I’m surprised that they didn’t get married though. I understand that Hermione didn’t want to feel forced into a marriage, but she’s smart enough to realize that her creature-rights agenda would be better-received from a respectable married woman with a noble and most ancient last name than from a foreign single mother, and I’d think her cause is important enough to her that she’d want to take every advantage. Plus of course, the longer she waits, the more ostentatious the eventual wedding will be, and I’d think she’d want to avoid that.

Maybe I missed it, but I still don’t understand why the old lady didn’t offer them biscuits. That seemed like an essential clue.
whoissalmon chapter 2 . 4/22
I don't know why, but the credit card backstory it really intriguing to me... I think it would be fascinating, if not funny, to have a side-chapter that shows how Hermione achieved that in 2001, perhaps by taking a couple of trips around London and falsifying 20-year-old bank records?
whoissalmon chapter 1 . 4/22
Years behind in getting to this fic, but I love the premise for how she goes back in time! The detail about the timeturner's sand was fantastic. I really like the idea that Hermione doesn't show up in the part entirely because of something going bizarrely wrong. Also, the description of the status of relationships between characters was well done! The tensions and sorrow came through really well.
arctic-kat chapter 57 . 4/10
This story is wonderful! I usually don’t like Sirius and avoid the stories with Sirius, but this one has so great plot and details I was able to fall for it. Thank you for such a brilliant story!
brady66 chapter 25 . 4/8
I’m really liking this story but dang, is it ever going to actually turn into a Sirius/Hermione pairing story. She’s still hung up on going home to Ron...I need a little romance lol
lakelady8425 chapter 2 . 4/7
Hermione as a forger is a clever idea. I like the idea of her not adhering to time travel 'rules' and being able to change the future. Onward!
always14 chapter 52 . 4/5
I laughed aloud so much in in this chaper
eccentricess chapter 57 . 3/27
Absolutely lovely!
Thank you for a great read.
1,724 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »