Reviews for Time To Say Goodbye
PaperbackWriter chapter 15 . 5/15/2013
Too lazy to log in, I'm afraid.

*picks up frying pan, thinks, and sets it down* don't worry, I won't kill you! Because then I wouldn't get any more fabulous chapters like this one!

I really love your writing from Erik's perspective. I believe I've said that before, but I shall say it again because it's so true. You've mastered his thought patterns and personality and breathed a little of your own creativity into it. All in all, excellent. :)

Noo! The return of the dreaded dress! That little interaction made me smile. I can't blame Rhiannon, though. Dresses and I don't get along very well.

Once again, Nadir is sneakily worming his way into a place of less dislike. Or at least your interpretation of him is. He is absolutely Erik's moral compass, or tries to be anyway, and despite his moaning, Erik tolerates him more than he'd like to admit.

I like Rhiannon more and more. She's just so clever and witty, I think I'd like to be friends with her. Really, I would. Her plan for extracting information was a very good one. And Erik's response to her sudden change in behavior. She's quite the charming young woman when she needs to be, will it play a role in future chapters? I hope so!

It's funny, I just listened to that song before reading this. I adore Enya.

Apologies for not reviewing sooner, homework waits for no one. :(

I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter! If my eyes do not deceive me, Rhiannon and Erik's relationship has hit at least a bit of a turning point. Also, evil cliffhanger. Just evil. I demand a stellar chapter in compensation, which I know I'll get. :)

Good luck in your writing!
PBW318 chapter 14 . 3/11/2013
How on Earth has this escaped my attention!? I'm so glad you're back, and I'm glad my message made you feel better.

I think you're making me like Nadir. What on Earth is this madness? It's the way you write him, I think. Dryly sarcastic, yet genuinely caring and shrewdly smart. Not a bad combination at all.

I am such a sick-minded person *berates self thoroughly* I thought she was wearing the dress! Bad PaperbackWriter, bad bad bad...

I really liked that they ended up showing off to each other and then making a pact of a sort. The showing off was both an insight to their personalities and a welcome comic relief (hours of homework do nothing for one's mood).

Really, really looking forward to seeing where this will go next! I'm on pins and needles!

Miss Rabbit chapter 14 . 2/10/2013
I swear, the more you write, the better you get. Is that even possible? You were, after all, the Divine Authoress when you started! (Inside joke P)

I think I should tell you, that the more you put Nadir into your story, the more I like him. But you already know my thoughts on this, as I've told you countless times! If Nadir does not make it to the end, the only way to satisfy me is if you make me three German Chocolate Cakes. Sugar-free, of course!

Oh, and I was one of those sickos, thank you very much! I still had it in my mind's eye that she was wearing the Yellow Dress of Horrors (even though I knew she wasn't). But again, as I've said before, this is scatter-brained me you're talking to!

-Miss Rabbit, Lissie, Dowie...you know me!
PaperbackWriter318 chapter 14 . 1/22/2013
Don't worry about it, please. I'm so sorry this happened and I'm sure Watson was a wonderful horse who led a wonderful life. I totally understand about needing to take a break. Know that you'll have at least one reader, patiently awaiting your return once you feel as though you've sorted through your life adequately. :)

Sending you condolences and love,

PaperbackWriter318 chapter 13 . 1/13/2013
I am so sorry for not reviewing sooner. Stupid finals I have to study for :P

Ooh, a battle of wits! I love it! It was incredibly amusing and also in character for the duration of the whole thing. :)

Go Rhiannon! You show Erik who's boss! :)

I had no idea that Nadir was good at cards. But I liked his reaction to being beaten.

Anyway, what this all means is that this was an absolutely, one hundred percent FABULOUS chapter and I'm dying for more! Update please!

Megs R chapter 12 . 12/26/2012
You and your German Chocolate cake! :)
Well, finally! I've been wondering what Nadir has been thinking, what his perspective is. From Erik's point of view, I don't like him very much AT ALL. So no, I won't mind if you "need to kill him"[smile]
Ps. I do hope I have put Erik in a better mood. :)
Megs R chapter 10 . 12/26/2012
OMG. I would have been so done with Nadir a LONG time ago. Yes. He definitely asks too many questions. He would be long gone by now if it was me.
Uhh...What would Phantoms be doing in my BED? Never mind...I'm not going there.
Megs R chapter 6 . 12/26/2012
Jacob...How could you?! After that LOVING, FATHERLY, REASSURING speech a moment ago!
Megs R chapter 4 . 12/26/2012
So you, Rebekah. I could totally see you doing that. But how does this fit in with the story? I guess I will just have to read on...
Megs R chapter 3 . 12/26/2012
I love your style of writing. The emotion, the suspense, the questions left to be answered, the way the reader(or at least me) feels like they have to read faster and faster to know what happens, but then back up and re-read it to fully absorb the beauty of the words...it's...portentous. Stupendous. Stunning.
Megs R chapter 2 . 12/26/2012
I want to read chap.3 RIGHT NOW, but I will give you a short review first because I don't want your soul to be devoured. :) Okay, unless I missed something like, really important(which I don't think is the case), I didn't know Carrier was Erik's father. I just LOVE suspense and surprises like that! Kind of like 's writings... If you haven't heard of him, you should really look up some of his works. (I recommend "The gift of the Magi", "The ransom of Red Chief"[that one's really funny], and "A Retrieved Reformation". On to Chapter three!
Megs R chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Wow... Where to start... You really captures my attention in the beginning. I love stories with action and guns, and I thought he was going to pull off some epic Batman move or something. Which in a way, he did, just in his own PHANTOM way. Now to read the second chapter!
PaperbackWriter318 chapter 12 . 12/11/2012
Ooh, Nadir's POV! I LOVE IT! Not so much because I love Nadir, because I don't, I merely tolerate him and like writing about him because he's such a good foil to Erik's character. I believe you have captured the essence of Nadir's personality and his thoughts in this chapter.

When Rhiannon saw the German Chocolate cake, I immediately thought of my dad, who has a similar obsession with the dessert. But he doesn't have the excuse of being denied sweets because of his lifestyle. :) Very believable, though.

Not a filler chapter at all! It gave vital information about the characters and the plot. What it was filled with was amazingness.

I hope you get your iPod back soon!
newbornphanatic chapter 12 . 12/8/2012
if this puts erick in a better mood then i will review! anyway seems like nadir and rhiannon are getting along, but if nadir is going to get killed soon well it was nice meeting him, update soon
Miss Rabbit chapter 11 . 12/4/2012
Of course, as you well know, m'dear, I think you're utterly brilliant with words. And now, as you *should* know, I'm very sorry I've not posted a review before now.

I find that all your stories are, as I said, brilliant. But this one is much more: brilliant with a dash of wit, beautfully rounded characters, and vividly-colored scenes. You keep your readers in the wonderful kind of suspense that has them begging for more. (Literally. Like, next time I see you I'll be on my knees! Thanks for leaving your iPod at choir! *Yes, that was sarcasm.*) I say this next thing with utmost sincerity: thank you so much for imparting to all of us your creative writer's spirit. Or rather, perhaps I should be thnking your Muses?

-Dowie