Reviews for The Necromancer
The Cajun Phoenix chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Wow. Sauron really is trying to do everything his master Morgoth did before The War of Wrath got Morgoth removed from Middle-Earth. Morgoth should have realized he was no match for the rest of the Valar united against him.

'principle servants' might sound better as 'principal servants'. This is because 'principle' refers to 'scruples' or 'ethics' and 'principal' refers to 'chief' or 'most important'.

'they Wise' might sound better as 'the Wise'.

Huan really showed Sauron just how pitiful he really is in one-on-one combat. In spite of his setbacks, Sauron is really smirking over Isildur's having been unable to resist The One Ring's compelling pull (seduction is too generous a word) after the Battle of Dagorlad.

Nice touch having Smaug the Terrible be the descendant of Ancalagon the Black. Morgoth sent both Glaurung and Ancalagon after everybody, espeically the Dwarves of the First Age after Sauron gave the Seven Dwarf-Lords those Seven Dwarven Rings of Power and those giant treasure hoards. Sauron figures he can do the same with Smaug with Mordor's Carn Telloth as the VIP Mountain Sauron fixes up for Smaug as his proposal of an alliance to Smaug. As a natural-born carnivore, Smaug is always hungry for fresh meat to devour, no pun intended. Feel free to check out the Map of Mordor on if you have yet to do so and click on the dark Dragon icon to find Carn Telloth.

Sauron never left Middle-Earth at all, Radagast, Gandalf, and especially Saruman. All he was doing was laying low and licking his many wounds as he seethes with hatred and vengeance against all of Middle-Earth's Free Peoples.

Thank you for giving us more insight on just why Sauron wants that alliance with Smaug the Terrible so badly.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
It is interesting view on past, mistakes and new rising. I really enjoyed his musing, especially some sentences. Your Sauron is sympatic.
Squirrel0304 chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
I bet Sauron supports this. 'I never left!'

Of course I think he enjoyed that battle in the movie. Probably felt good to god-mod Gandalf.

This piece is interesting. I like the introspection.
Hellga chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
I agree, Sauron never left the world. Though I think that he was sufficiently incapacitated as to be unable to actually *be* a Dark Power for a while. More like a Dark Nobody, really... have to wonder how much of the whole Angmar war affair was the Witch-King's own idea vs an order from Sauron...
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
It seems like this is a "stage" (if you will) of Sauron's that often gets overlooked, that little bit of meantime between his defeat at Dagorlad and return to Mordor; this was an excellent glimpse into it! As always, I enjoyed how you incorporate so much of his history into the introspective. :) And this line just popped out to me: "Drowning was unpleasant." Even from the third person, that's so very in-character!

-Crackers
The M.H.T.of R chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Ooh, you are totally right about Radagast! I never thought of that before.