Reviews for Beyond the Break Room
ChristyWIX chapter 33 . 4/2
It is very enjoyable to see her getting along with her co-workers and thriving at work. Hearing that is was Maggie that asked Edward to move Bella in was amazing. That daughter of his has turned into such a delight. That waiter and the nerve he had! Bella was magnificent in her putting him in his place. Their trip to Vancouver brought back memories of when my husband and I went there. Very beautiful place to visit. Their love keeps growing ever stronger and it is wonderful to read. I can see why that would've been a great place to end things. Them agreeing to have a baby someday in the near future. Or, be happy with just the three of them. Finally discussing marriage and them both very much wanting that. I love that he'd thought of proposing that night, yet chose not too, as I wondered if he'd planned popping the question. I like they didn't get engaged just yet. I want them engaged and soon, but that would be a wee bit too soon. Not their very first time away on a trip either. I am elated you weren't done with your characters and that you decided to write more. It truly is a lovely story.
ChristyWIX chapter 32 . 4/2
Charlie mentioning self-defense classes and Bella saying it helped her. Edward thinking it wasn't a bad idea, Maggie liked it too. Charlie saying that she would be his grand daughter one day . . . sigh . . . saying she reminded him of Bella . . . swoon. Then they get home from there, playing in the snow, out of nowhere, Edward asks her to move in . . . Maggie quickly agreeing. Goodness, my heart, these chapters just keep tugging at it. Christmas dinner with his family and Carlisle opening up, so good. The baby photo of Maggie with Edward . . . you've just got such a gift with writing.
ChristyWIX chapter 31 . 4/2
Didn't expect Jasper to come tumbling out of that guest room . . . that was very funny. At least the two of them were embarrassed by it, making it more fun. So glad that Alice is letting Edward in and apologized to him. It was really important for her to do that, even if he waved her off at first. Jasper and Bella's talk was a very good one too. Loved that Maggie is turning to Bella more and more. That Bella helped her out with the heated rice. What I really loved, was that Maggie didn't want Bella to leave that night. It was an awesome step forward. Looking forward to how this plays out. I would have a tough time as well, going back to an empty bed. I liked that she reminded herself how far they had come and that helped her doze off. Transitional? Yes and no. It fit right in the story and sometimes the stories need this type of chapter. Showing normal life of the characters.
ChristyWIX chapter 30 . 4/2
This was an incredible chapter. So very well written. I loved how you meshed all the friends together so seamlessly. Her glancing out at the party goers and seeing everyone intermingled, in lieu of being separated by who had already known whom, when they got there. So good. Loved reading Maggie's defense of Bella and clearly Charlie did too. Maggie being so blunt with him, was rather refreshing. It was a very cute exchange. Her calling him Chief was fantastic. Very successful party. I'd wondered if Alice and Jasper would even meet in this story. It was so cool that he had her painting in his bedroom! They are clearly smitten and I love it. This was a delightful chapter to read.
ChristyWIX chapter 29 . 4/2
I'm so glad I was right about Heidi thanking Bella . . . it would have been really crappy of her to corner her in the garage of their office buildings, to just berate her. For every horrible thing Heidi is and has done, being that careless at work, wouldn't fit her character. I'm glad you had her apologize. Maggie has been a fantastic character throughout this, but in this chapter she shined bright. Her child like enthusiasm for what she was clearly getting to do, for the first time in some cases, was wonderful to read. I loved when she snapped the photo of B&E. Bella taking it a step further and letting her know, she can contact her anytime, for anything. Such a wonderful gesture. It was really beautifully written chapter. Loved the lemon too . . . I hadn't expected it, and that is what made it great. I don't think Edward was expecting it either . . . hehehe.
ChristyWIX chapter 28 . 4/2
I think Bella's new job is going very well. All the people seem to be much nicer than what she was dealing with in her old department. Thankfully. Maggie sort of shocked me with her words when she got home, until I remembered she's only sixteen for crying out loud. I really liked how she said she was sorry right away and that Bella explained her words hurt her. I adored when she flew into Bella's arms and started crying. It was a pivotal moment, that's for sure. The three of them handled that very well. I'm a sap though, and didn't think she needed to be punished and her laptop taken away. It was a horrific night for the young lady and she apologized immediately. Although, I'm not her parent, Edward is, so he does what he feels is right for his own daughter. I'm really not surprised, out of everyone at work that could start crap, that it was Liz that did so. I figured she'd be the one. I really liked how Jane handled the whole thing, even going so far as to double check with HR, on BxE's behalf. I have a feeling that Heidi is not there to yell at Bella, yet rather speak to her and feel her out on how to help Maggie. Onward to find out . . .
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 4/1
You had me a little worried when Alice came over early to discuss Edward. Yet again, you went in a much better direction than anticipated. Thank you, again, for this very refreshing way of telling a story. Loved that she wants to meet him now. Love the idea of Bella getting a painting for Edward. Loved that Edward wants Bella's I put on the redecorating of their hoem. Maggie was funny with her saying their house is hideous . . . very funny actually. Over that Maggie was learning with Bella how to make lasagne. Another great bonding experience. It is kind of cool that she brings up whether she should to talk to her mom or not, with Bella. It's as if she feels Bella is a sounding board for things she doesn't want to talk to her dad about. I like it. Loved that Maggie didn't care that Bella stayed the night . . . she seemed completely unfazed by it. Fantastic!
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 4/1
The fact that Maggie helped pick out the necklace for Bella with Edward, proves just how far that girl has come. It makes me so happy that she's healing so well from her trauma, just a few months back. You had me practically weeping with joy that Edward and Maggie were both their at the graduation. So much love for that, I don't even have words. The gifts she got were wonderfully thought out and just perfect from everyone. So glad that Edward wasnt ther at dinner . . . goodness, that would've been a nightmare to explain. Beautiful chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 4/1
It was really great that Emmett no Rose had time to meet up with them for lunch. It went so well, made me happy. I'd figured they'd get along, but it was still really nice to read. Sweet of Edward to offer his home for the baby shower. Also, loved his idea for a Christmas party with friends. Those lemons wer scorching hot. Loved him getting so into the vibrator, so fun to read. Charlie and Edward having the Civil War in common . . . great bonding item. Unique, too. It was lovely to see his idea of going in person ending up helping. The part when Maggie got home was really great. She seems to be rather okay with Bella now. I think it's seeing her dad so happy. And, I'm thinking it's also the fact that Bella is genuinely interested when Maggie speaks . . . and Heidi doesn't seem the type to listen to her idle chit chat. Don't know but, I like it. The part with the books was entertaining. If I didn't have my Kindle apps, my house would be full of books! I already have two rooms with bookcases full of them. Edward has empty rooms. Perhaps one should be a library?
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 4/1
Forgot to say how excited I was that she got the job in the last review! Woo-Hoo! This chapters lemon was beyond hot. The fact that they couldn't be bothered to get out of their clothes, as they were that desperate, was hot as hell. I loved that he owns jeans! I really liked the conversation they had in the car on their way to her family. Edward was so emphatic in speaking to Charlie . . . it was really kind of a turn on. So glad that Charlie apologized to Bella, she deserved it. I'm glad she accepted his apology, yet explained it would take a while to get past it. She's very mature for her age and I love the way your are writing her. Actually, I really like the way you keep going the opposite direction of where I'm expecting it to go in this story. It is very refreshing.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 4/1
That first lemon was so sweet . . . lovemaking as a wake up call. So sexy. I was very happy to read that Edward's family was happy for him. Slightly concerned, but overall happy and I liked that a lot. I completely understand that Tanya was hurt by the news, yet elated that she brushed it aside and dove right into being supportive. Loved that whole exchange between the two of them. Tanya is an amazing friend. The next morning with her not even acting any differently, was perfect. Love the relationship between Bella and Renee. It was really very kind of Renee to let Bella know that she IS in her corner, even if her father is acting the overprotectiveness to the nth degree. Glad that Edward called Charlie and that he didn't hang up on him. Surprised by that. I am also glad that they are going out there in person. It seems to me that Edward will do just about anything for Bella and her the same for him and I love that.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 4/1
Holy CRAP! Edward told Jasper . . . the one thing, the ONLY thing, Bella asked him not to do. I felt so bad for her in that moment. I truly believe if she gets that job, that it was completely on her merit. I believed Jasper, in that he has no say in that. I really hope she gets it. I understand why she was so very hurt about that with Edward. I very much hope he understood too. I had no idea she was having all of that stress, as she was doing a very good job at holding it all in. I'm so glad he came over to her house. I absolutely adore how adult the communication is between the two of them. I've been with my husband for twenty-five years this past month. Because of our communication, add the fact that we are both tremendously happy people in general, we have never had a single fight. It is something I am extremely proud of. Passionate conversations, but never a fight. I digress, I know. I just was so enamored with the way they speak to each other through this whole story. It isn't petty. One doesn't think their problems are bigger than the other. The way he wanted to go through each of her stressful items, was quite wonderful. I also loved that he wants to call her dad, and set up time for them to meet the following weekend. It really is a huge gesture on his part. She has given so much and now it is him giving right back. It's lovely.
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 4/1
That went incredibly well. I don't know what I was expecting but, that was really a good day for the two of them. Bella handled the Heidi subject very well. Countering with what Alice went through, without going into details. Letting her know if her and her dad are ready for her to talk to Heidi, and if she is comfortable, than she should. Edward was clearly elated that they had a great day. I was hoping she would look up the boots online and have Edward show Maggie, after she left for the evening. Letting her decide if she still wanted them. Great bonding chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 4/1
I loved that Edward was able to sneak off to Bella's house, before they both had to get to the places they were expected. It was a wonderful surprise and they bother really needed the reconnection. Renee was wonderful in this! Absolutely acted the way a mom should act. Concerned and a bit apprehensive, yet overall on her daughter's side. Charlie was way out of line. I expected it to be awful but, was no where near prepared for that outburst. I got really scared when he got gleeful about the criminal charges. Renee knocking him down a peg right then, was very welcomed by this reader. I think that it will be a very long time before Charlie accepts this relationship. I really hope that Renee can talk to him and get him to see the other happier side of things and not just the potential hell they are facing. So very glad she did tell her parents though, it was the right thing to do. So sweet of Edward to offer to come down there immediately. It showed how much he truly cares for her. Wonder how Edward's parents took the news? Scared.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 4/1
That went a lot better than I was expecting. The offer Bella laid forth, to go shopping with Maggie, gets me a little nervous. However, after the way Rose laid it out there, it made a lot more sense. The older cousin perspective was a fantastic analogy . . . one that may work very well for these two women in Edward's life. Hopefully, their shopping trip will be okay. I hope Maggie doesn't revert back to her other ways. Eek.
3,224 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »