Reviews for Beyond the Break Room
SoCalTwiNurse chapter 8 . 4/22/2015
Ohhhhhhhh I'm a sucker for EPOV!
SoCalTwiNurse chapter 7 . 4/22/2015
Loving this Edward!
ChristyWIX chapter 36 . 4/2/2015
Oh goodness, tears . . . happy, happy tears. This whole chapter was a beautiful ending to an extraordinary story. David, the graduation, catching us up on all the friends and family, the party . . . all of it, absolutely wonderful. Maggie's words after the party, walking back out to the cars, were what set the tears going. It was so, so perfect. Letting her know how much of an impact she had on her and her life . . . GAH! Thank you so very much for this amazing story, I truly loved it. -Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 35 . 4/2/2015
I loved learning that they were married and had been for a while now. Thank you so much for flashing back to the proposal and the marriage . . . so wonderful of you to put that in there. His proposal was perfect. The setting, the words, just perfect. Intimate weddings are the way to go. It is what I had wanted and what I had. So very much better that way. You can take time with each and every person in the room. Having only your nearest and dearest there. The rings sounded beautiful . . . the wedding clothes as well. Loved that they had Maggie stand up there for both of them, and only Maggie. He is so beyond excited about the baby. Loved that he dropped to the floor immediately and started kissing her tummy and whispering love to the little one. Swoony-sigh.
ChristyWIX chapter 34 . 4/2/2015
Not surprised to learn that some of the women Edward's age are rude to Bella. For all the reasons she listed. I'd expected that from some of the office ladies to tell the truth so, I am very glad you left that out of their workplace and put it here instead. Heidi was really something in this chapter. She really has grown leaps and bounds, since earlier in the story. I loved her apology to Bella and her kindness. Especially loved that she's decided to stay in town and make it work with Maggie, instead of chasing her career with Felix, to Chicago. That alone, says so very much. Bella has been very strong in this whole story and she shined bight again in this chapter. With both Heidi and Jessica's mother. It was wonderful to read that Bella left her flabbergasted. Wonder what all of the bitches thought about Bella and Heidi sitting side-by-side and talking. Nobody could hear their conversation so, they don't know what they were discussing. However, you just know they are re-thinking the whole bit of Edward cheating on Heidi with Bella, if they are sitting there so calmly.
ChristyWIX chapter 33 . 4/2/2015
It is very enjoyable to see her getting along with her co-workers and thriving at work. Hearing that is was Maggie that asked Edward to move Bella in was amazing. That daughter of his has turned into such a delight. That waiter and the nerve he had! Bella was magnificent in her putting him in his place. Their trip to Vancouver brought back memories of when my husband and I went there. Very beautiful place to visit. Their love keeps growing ever stronger and it is wonderful to read. I can see why that would've been a great place to end things. Them agreeing to have a baby someday in the near future. Or, be happy with just the three of them. Finally discussing marriage and them both very much wanting that. I love that he'd thought of proposing that night, yet chose not too, as I wondered if he'd planned popping the question. I like they didn't get engaged just yet. I want them engaged and soon, but that would be a wee bit too soon. Not their very first time away on a trip either. I am elated you weren't done with your characters and that you decided to write more. It truly is a lovely story.
ChristyWIX chapter 32 . 4/2/2015
Charlie mentioning self-defense classes and Bella saying it helped her. Edward thinking it wasn't a bad idea, Maggie liked it too. Charlie saying that she would be his grand daughter one day . . . sigh . . . saying she reminded him of Bella . . . swoon. Then they get home from there, playing in the snow, out of nowhere, Edward asks her to move in . . . Maggie quickly agreeing. Goodness, my heart, these chapters just keep tugging at it. Christmas dinner with his family and Carlisle opening up, so good. The baby photo of Maggie with Edward . . . you've just got such a gift with writing.
ChristyWIX chapter 31 . 4/2/2015
Didn't expect Jasper to come tumbling out of that guest room . . . that was very funny. At least the two of them were embarrassed by it, making it more fun. So glad that Alice is letting Edward in and apologized to him. It was really important for her to do that, even if he waved her off at first. Jasper and Bella's talk was a very good one too. Loved that Maggie is turning to Bella more and more. That Bella helped her out with the heated rice. What I really loved, was that Maggie didn't want Bella to leave that night. It was an awesome step forward. Looking forward to how this plays out. I would have a tough time as well, going back to an empty bed. I liked that she reminded herself how far they had come and that helped her doze off. Transitional? Yes and no. It fit right in the story and sometimes the stories need this type of chapter. Showing normal life of the characters.
ChristyWIX chapter 30 . 4/2/2015
This was an incredible chapter. So very well written. I loved how you meshed all the friends together so seamlessly. Her glancing out at the party goers and seeing everyone intermingled, in lieu of being separated by who had already known whom, when they got there. So good. Loved reading Maggie's defense of Bella and clearly Charlie did too. Maggie being so blunt with him, was rather refreshing. It was a very cute exchange. Her calling him Chief was fantastic. Very successful party. I'd wondered if Alice and Jasper would even meet in this story. It was so cool that he had her painting in his bedroom! They are clearly smitten and I love it. This was a delightful chapter to read.
ChristyWIX chapter 29 . 4/2/2015
I'm so glad I was right about Heidi thanking Bella . . . it would have been really crappy of her to corner her in the garage of their office buildings, to just berate her. For every horrible thing Heidi is and has done, being that careless at work, wouldn't fit her character. I'm glad you had her apologize. Maggie has been a fantastic character throughout this, but in this chapter she shined bright. Her child like enthusiasm for what she was clearly getting to do, for the first time in some cases, was wonderful to read. I loved when she snapped the photo of B&E. Bella taking it a step further and letting her know, she can contact her anytime, for anything. Such a wonderful gesture. It was really beautifully written chapter. Loved the lemon too . . . I hadn't expected it, and that is what made it great. I don't think Edward was expecting it either . . . hehehe.
ChristyWIX chapter 28 . 4/2/2015
I think Bella's new job is going very well. All the people seem to be much nicer than what she was dealing with in her old department. Thankfully. Maggie sort of shocked me with her words when she got home, until I remembered she's only sixteen for crying out loud. I really liked how she said she was sorry right away and that Bella explained her words hurt her. I adored when she flew into Bella's arms and started crying. It was a pivotal moment, that's for sure. The three of them handled that very well. I'm a sap though, and didn't think she needed to be punished and her laptop taken away. It was a horrific night for the young lady and she apologized immediately. Although, I'm not her parent, Edward is, so he does what he feels is right for his own daughter. I'm really not surprised, out of everyone at work that could start crap, that it was Liz that did so. I figured she'd be the one. I really liked how Jane handled the whole thing, even going so far as to double check with HR, on BxE's behalf. I have a feeling that Heidi is not there to yell at Bella, yet rather speak to her and feel her out on how to help Maggie. Onward to find out . . .
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 4/1/2015
You had me a little worried when Alice came over early to discuss Edward. Yet again, you went in a much better direction than anticipated. Thank you, again, for this very refreshing way of telling a story. Loved that she wants to meet him now. Love the idea of Bella getting a painting for Edward. Loved that Edward wants Bella's I put on the redecorating of their hoem. Maggie was funny with her saying their house is hideous . . . very funny actually. Over that Maggie was learning with Bella how to make lasagne. Another great bonding experience. It is kind of cool that she brings up whether she should to talk to her mom or not, with Bella. It's as if she feels Bella is a sounding board for things she doesn't want to talk to her dad about. I like it. Loved that Maggie didn't care that Bella stayed the night . . . she seemed completely unfazed by it. Fantastic!
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 4/1/2015
The fact that Maggie helped pick out the necklace for Bella with Edward, proves just how far that girl has come. It makes me so happy that she's healing so well from her trauma, just a few months back. You had me practically weeping with joy that Edward and Maggie were both their at the graduation. So much love for that, I don't even have words. The gifts she got were wonderfully thought out and just perfect from everyone. So glad that Edward wasnt ther at dinner . . . goodness, that would've been a nightmare to explain. Beautiful chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 4/1/2015
It was really great that Emmett no Rose had time to meet up with them for lunch. It went so well, made me happy. I'd figured they'd get along, but it was still really nice to read. Sweet of Edward to offer his home for the baby shower. Also, loved his idea for a Christmas party with friends. Those lemons wer scorching hot. Loved him getting so into the vibrator, so fun to read. Charlie and Edward having the Civil War in common . . . great bonding item. Unique, too. It was lovely to see his idea of going in person ending up helping. The part when Maggie got home was really great. She seems to be rather okay with Bella now. I think it's seeing her dad so happy. And, I'm thinking it's also the fact that Bella is genuinely interested when Maggie speaks . . . and Heidi doesn't seem the type to listen to her idle chit chat. Don't know but, I like it. The part with the books was entertaining. If I didn't have my Kindle apps, my house would be full of books! I already have two rooms with bookcases full of them. Edward has empty rooms. Perhaps one should be a library?
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 4/1/2015
Forgot to say how excited I was that she got the job in the last review! Woo-Hoo! This chapters lemon was beyond hot. The fact that they couldn't be bothered to get out of their clothes, as they were that desperate, was hot as hell. I loved that he owns jeans! I really liked the conversation they had in the car on their way to her family. Edward was so emphatic in speaking to Charlie . . . it was really kind of a turn on. So glad that Charlie apologized to Bella, she deserved it. I'm glad she accepted his apology, yet explained it would take a while to get past it. She's very mature for her age and I love the way your are writing her. Actually, I really like the way you keep going the opposite direction of where I'm expecting it to go in this story. It is very refreshing.
3,259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »