Reviews for To Open a Window
Beautiful written you are one of my favourite writers, and really hope you will be back with new som stories
Jammie13 chapter 1 . 2/23
This was beautifully written!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Wow. Brilliant.
utility - singer chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Really sweet. I am currently reading Maria's book, and this seems it would fit in perfectly.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
That was so beautiful.
Keep it up, darling.
thecheshirewold
AndromedaAiken chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
VERY WELL WRITTEN! Absolutely enjoyed it! Slightly different from the movie but still great!
hLaurie1234 chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Loved this! I may be wrong, but I think this is the first story you've done which is written in the first person!? Really original and clever idea though! I liked how you divided up the real story with your own, it made it even more enjoyable to read. Seriously hoping you have another wonderful story up your sleeve which we will see very soon. Please? Great job on this one! :) x
BrittanyLS chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Beautiful! Your story fits in perfectly!
pussycatwithattitude chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I thought this was beautifully written, and even though I'm never really keen on reading or writing first person narratives, I did like this. I have found it relatively difficult to connect with your stories since "Arrangement" and "One Week in Paris" because of the sheer force of emotions you dealt with in them, but this has brought me back - although that's not to say, in any way, that I have enjoyed any of your other stories since less. You write in a way that suits the characters perfectly, and it's always so refreshing to read and learn from. A fantastic piece of writing, and I can't wait to read any of your future projects.
Mrsbonnieful chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
This is one of your very best stories. You were able to take a small piece of the true story and weave into a magnificant piece of emotion. You told a very real story of how it could have happened.
augiesannie chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
this was such an interesting idea for a story! I am more a fan of the movie Maria and Georg, but this story made the book come alive for me. It also made me think about why the movie and play couldn't make Georg such a nice guy - the conflict is part of what makes a 3 hour movie or play come alive - Christopher Plummer insisted on giving the character more edge saying that even the stage Georg was made of cardboard. I loved Georg in your story, but three hours of such a sweet guy would have made for a very different story. Anyway, loved this idea and loved the story, thanks.
Honkytonkangel chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
aaw fabulous. I love how you expressed Maria's uncertainty and emotions and how Georg comforted her and was willing to let her go if that was what she wanted. It was cool how you mixed the elements of the real Maria. Very sweet. Don't really know what else to say except loved it.
login password chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Absolutely amazing. I love it!
:D
Purple Shamrock 17 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
That was fantastic! The emotion, the romantic tension, the conflicting emotion from Maria. All of it was so awesome! I think this might be favorite story from you. Seriously, it was awesome. I really liked how you bookended it with the quotes from her autobiography as well, it tied it all together really nicely. And I almost wish this had been a part of the movie! I think we all forget that the movie we know and love was based on a true story-however romanticized the movie made it seem. This felt very real both in the sense of the movie and the real story.

It's also kind of ironic for me that you posted this story since I was just rereading sections of The Story of the Trapp Family Singers and specifically read the part about her three sentence letter and her confession to him when she returns. This was a great missing scene, I can't say enough how much I enjoyed this!

And the kissing and confessions of love at the end were all so sweet and realistic. Wonderful. Keep up the great work!

PS. I expect you've seen/read this but Christopher Plummer has said that when the real Maria met him on the set she said, "Oh, Christopher, you're so much more handsome than my real husband!" I always got a kick out of that. :)
jlbrk26 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Loved this very much. Great job!