Reviews for Superman Elseworlds: 'In the Name of'
afi123 chapter 3 . 8/1/2018
So interesting
JamesTKent chapter 19 . 12/13/2016
Whew! While I am not surprised that Ishy's words didn't sway them, I confess to having had my heart in my throat during some of those passages.

He really challenges the concept of a Superman, because he's far more interested in words and deeds to help people that punishing the criminals.
SixOneSix chapter 19 . 12/12/2016
Dude... awesome... what happens next...
LightJakRises chapter 19 . 12/12/2016
it hits hard.

good job.

im interested in seeing the (super)man Ishmael becomes.
FractiousDay chapter 19 . 12/12/2016
I've got to say, I think Bin Laden did better out of that exchange. His closing statements were essentially correct. Further, Ishy's argument was spplit between theology and telling the salafists off. He didn't offer any solutions, and though he recites he doesn't engage with the scholars they actually follow, like Ibn Taymiah or Wahab.
JamesTKent chapter 18 . 10/11/2016
It all seems so clear and straightforward when he says it like that.
JamesTKent chapter 17 . 8/9/2016
Fascinating twists. I loved the argument in the village.
JamesTKent chapter 16 . 7/24/2016
With all the crap that's happening right now, I'm scared to admit that this chapter frightened me. You handle the change in points-of-view well, but that scene in the village was scary. I was sure the Pashtun leader was going to try and shoot others.
inthehood chapter 1 . 4/21/2016
THAT is awesome! Please keep writing this story, it is really interesting because you obviously are either an oriental - or change your job and become an author! The cultural background is done very authentic, at least from an European perspective like mine, even though Ive read the quran once, still like the bible better, but thats an upbringing thing I suppose.

Also I like Ishi having a real family, and him growing up in a city also is interesting. Also you tried to explain his superpowers, I as a chemist really like that, though I would love to dig into potential details...
I really like bringing religion in the whole story, because its a good reason for superman to do what he does... Most people in charity do believe that they arent the holiest beings around in the end.

Finally I think you could make the story even better if you involved some more action, I guess that is the part of the story you dont like writing, as I do with lemons. But nevertheless give it a go, differently from the internet forgets XD
RafeFallstar chapter 1 . 1/20/2016
I decided to reread this. Still wonderful.

Small question: how was he circumcised? His skin would not permit it. Also, kryptonite hadn't entered the picture, so the list of things that could accomplish the task is limited. Off hand, I can only think of magic. But that's not what the story is, is it. Could you clarify?

I really like the way you brought a different culture to Superman. Every other "superman raised by someone else" fic on this site sends him to the Kents to fix the damage. By staying different, you created a fascinating character who seems designed (like the original) to be a challenge to the reader's preconceived notions.

Well done!
JamesTKent chapter 15 . 12/21/2015
THANK YOU!

I've been hoping for months you would continue this tale. Yes, it's hard to see the corruption that we know exists. I'm happy to see you showing the positive sides of the faith. Especially with the world's current state of things, with all the hatred being bellowed around, I'm delighted to see you've continued this.

I also really like the way you're dealing with the startled reaction of the locals against the establishment, and yet the fear they have toward the things Ishy had done.

I really am looking forward to when Ishy can come forward publicly.

Thank you again for continuing this.
LightJakRises chapter 14 . 12/17/2015
the passage of time and the shift in perspectives can be hard to follow but its a good take.

the use of clark kent feels too on the nose.
RafeFallstar chapter 14 . 11/1/2015
This is astonishing. Please update soon.
fate of the agarwaen chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
You don't actually know Arabic, do you? Aladdin does not mean God-Given, it means Glory of the Faith. In addition, the famous (or infamous) battlecry and call to prayer Allahu Akbar means God is Greatest. Did you just use Google Translate?
I also wonder why you make this family seem so parochial and backwards.
JamesTKent chapter 14 . 8/21/2015
I have been waiting breathlessly for another chapter. Thank you! It was everything I was hoping for!
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »