Reviews for A line in the sand
LifeLover22 chapter 3 . 7/24/2013
I've read this story four or five times, and I still find my self going back to it. This is seriously my favorite story of this archive. You did an amazingly job! The emotions in this were raw, an it made me want to cry the whole time. My stomach was in constant knots, and that's when a person knows that a story is truly amazing because it can take you through the same emotions of the characters. Exquisite job!
Sklyer chapter 3 . 12/26/2012
I loved everything about this story. Very well written, I felt the hurt, anger, pain, frustration and love from kono and Steve. Great story.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/12/2012
Love, love, love it! Awesome writing, keep it up!
fiveohlove chapter 3 . 11/10/2012
I absolutely love this! Idk why I find Steve struggling over how he feels about Kono and how he can't control himself when it comes to her to be hot, but it just is, and you wrote it perfectly. I especially loved when he brought her upstairs to have sex while Cath was downstairs with the boys! Lovely and naughty! Aww, he loves her!
Sidalee chapter 3 . 10/25/2012
I didn't hate Steve in this story, if that gives you some solace. I think it was the damn time for someone to jerk him down from that high pedestal everyone tries to put him on. I mean, he's only human with a messed up childhood, growing up in the Navy so it's not really a surprise that he can't handle this kind of intimacy.
I loved every word of this chapter.
Sidalee chapter 2 . 10/24/2012
My love for this story is neverending. This is so raw and rough and more than slightly insane but somehow it fits them so perfectly.
It feels real, cos sometimes you just find yourself in a situation like this, and you don't necessarily make the right choices but you can't run away either so you just struggle and try to make it work somehow. Absolutely amazing writing that you are doing in here.
Shani8 chapter 3 . 10/17/2012
Aww... I'm so glad they're both starting to come to their senses. I guess it was only a matter of time before they admitted their carnal desire for each other. ;)

I look forward to more. Keep up the great work!

-Shani :)
christinaxa chapter 3 . 10/17/2012
Chin beating Steve up was brilliant, especially the lead up to it when Chin thought he was joking at first and then his facial expressions just changed. I agree with Kono though, she should have been the one to beat him up for his actions. At least they had that intense argument in the car and all the emotions spill out. Catherine is definitely right that he doesn't deserve Kono, but at least he admits it too. I LOVED how he admits that he loves her at the end!

By the way, slightly off topic but the icon for this story is so spot on! Steve looks so confused and annoyed at himself and Kono just looks exasperated and tired as in the first two chapters.
Lydia chapter 3 . 10/15/2012
Steve made me fume a bit, but don't worry, I did not hate him :) His weakness made him a human and he was hurting himself the most by his poor actions. I just felt bad for Kono. He paraded Catherine around in front of her, hurting her and when she couldn't take it anymore and left/tried to leave(the 2nd time), he went after her as if he was waiting for the sign. I felt sorry for Catherine too, cause I imagine she thought she was his girlfriend but he was just using her. Basically, I felt bad for everyone, haha, but you're absolutely right that in a good love story there's is (usually) some pain and suffering and this is a fantastic love story!

I don't know how you do it, but there's so much chemistry bet them in your writing, it reaps out of the page at you! That's so amazing! For ex., that car ride was an awesome scene. They are so wild, crazy and fight with so much passion, I was holding my breath the whole time. I just loved it when he got out of the car to control himself and the burning image of them looking at each other through the windshield was oh so goood! I wish the tv Steve and Kono fight thru all of season 3 :)

I was't sure how long he'd take this madness, but I'm glad he's not afraid anymore. Even their love confessions are crazy and intense, hehe.

Btw, I forgot to mention in my last review to your CR how much I lol at Mary Ann's words to Lori: "You're more of his type anyway, small and blonde, like Danny. He'll be ecstatic." I wanted you to know that was the most hilarious thing ever!
tanya2byour21 chapter 3 . 10/15/2012
Yay Cath is gone now I hope she just stays that way. I hope Chin and Danny will come around. I loved the new chapter and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next. Keep up the great writing and please post more when you can.
Tanya
quisinart4 chapter 3 . 10/15/2012
( In the morning she goes surfing earlier than usual, because the sea seems calmer than the tempest she has within her.)

Goodness that line is simply beautiful, bravo. Great chapter although my heart just broke for poor Steve. He's so big on self-punishment and hurting himself for hurting her and obviously Chin did a good job hurting him. :( But he's already hurting himself. But thank goodness we're St recovery now and they're both on the same page. Can't wait to see how you end this!
Halle Alexis chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
I really liked this and I just wanted to let you know that I also kind of liked the way you wrote Steve, too. He is far from perfect and he's been struggling, but he's getting better and Kono is making him a better person. I'm looking forward to reading more!
lynnrxgal chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
Great story!
TvFanatic97 chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
You didn't make me hate Steve, I felt bad for Kono but I didn't hate Steve. I think his actions were justifiable: he was scared and undecided about his apparent feelings for Kono and he didn't want to cross any lines, mainly due to this strong sense of responsibility he has especially as a team leader...he couldn't jeopardise the team dynamics (although he ended up doing it anyway) . I think we've seen that traits of Steve that make this fic believable, such as the "thing" he has with Catherine...he kind of uses her in a way to fulfill his needs, both his physical (through the sex) and his personal and work ones (he asks her for a lot of favours regarding cases and his family) and this is all we see of Catherine when she's on screen. So people can't honestly say you've made them hate him because even canon Steve does a few non-admirable things...especially with how he treats Catherine (even though she doesn't seem to mind) and as of last episode he either won't even call her his girlfriend or he doesn't view her this way.

Anyway on with the chapter review! I think this was a good time for Steve to say goodbye to Catherine, he'd gone too far with this whole thing...the sex whilst everyone was a few feet away was a factor. I don't hate that it took him this long because it'd have taken him a long time to come to terms with his feelings. The whole turning his house upside down, swimming and jogging thing was slightly peculiar but it was a plausible way for him to deal with it all as he evidently isn't like most normal people in regards to feelings. As was the getting Chin to beat him up thing and I'm glad you brought in some naval sayings etc. into it, it all made it plausible and fitting to him. I'm surprised he didn't need the ambulance after Chin was done with him.

I'm glad he kept Danny in the loop about everything as well. It's have been awful for Danny to have to be surrounded by the tension whilst being unaware about what's going on. Kono is much to stubborn for her to have stayed away after being sent away for too long. How much she was concerned for his well-being (even driving him home and telling Danny to look after him) after all he's put her through was a brilliant way of showing just how much she cared for him.

The scene when they were in the car was just all round fantastic. Their arguing about guns then his fascination with her whilst she shouted was a great reminder of how they used to be before this "unholy mess" began and I guess it was all too much for Steve to deal with. Even with the lack of dialogue you still potrayed all the emotions so well and it was all almost palable.

Their reunion was lacking in words, which was fitting to the rest of the times they've been together...not much was ever said but I see them more as an actions speak louder than words type. Your consistency blows my mind! Steve finally admiting his feelings for her aloud and to her was perfectly written and what they both needed I think because all this happened as a result of this and her admittance was beautiful as well. Of course now they have Chin and Danny to deal with but I'm happy with the ending of this chapter. (how long will this fic be by the way?)

Wow, I've rambled; I'm sorry. This was brilliant and I can't wait to read the following chapter. Please update soon, if real life allows you to!
fairgirl chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
"Sigh" finally. Their pain was insufferable.