Reviews for Famine
soaked velvet starlight chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Okay...load of positive adjectives coming here...brilliant, amazing, fantastic, awesome, great, yada yada yada. They're all bullshit because this story is so good no adjectives can really capture it.

Your characterization of Donna was excellent. She's so insecure and skittish that an eating disorder would be perfectly understandable for her. I loved the way the story switched between and tied together her feelings about her life and about food. Also, I will tell that, without any doubt at all, your paragraph about CJ is THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Seriously, you nailed her through Donna's eyes so perfectly I can hardly believe it. I don't think Sorkin himself could have summed CJ up with that much perfection. And not only that, but it was really really sweet. CJ is the woman who so many women want to be. Donna is the woman who so many women are. I can testify to that personally.

One thing I really love about your stories is how they progress. They're not just a block of wallowing in angst and dark thoughts. They progress, change, the characters' thoughts evolve. I really liked that.
ParvisSira chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
Interesting...I liked your portrayal of Donna. And especially the interactions.

"She got the smile that said thank you my bright young protegee and got words that said worship me" Brillant, the whole section with CJ was brillant.

Interesting take on the Josh and Donna relationship too. I thought it was very good.
M chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
This was fantastic. It was absolutely spot on, charting the battle between food and the self. It was so...true. And your Donna-voice hits that quiet note that she rarely exploits. This was brilliantly written.
Cat chapter 1 . 7/22/2002
wow. that was very good...poor Donna. Some interesting points come up in there...Stronger woman can keep to their diets. but the strongest of all don't care. i really like that...i know so many people who are always counting calories, and dieting...

well, this was nice, angsty sad though! :(
Llyzbeth chapter 1 . 7/19/2002
Wow, that was good. Lot of quiet desperation in that one, that side of Donna we don't always see but know is there. Nice work.