Reviews for Wealth of Mind
Lokiismylife chapter 1 . 6/28
I loved it.
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 5/19
I love this. Wonderfully done. :)
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 4/14
nice
greenwings33 chapter 1 . 3/8
This would be fantastic to continue, and have the team slowly realize that Tony is not coping well
Toki Asamia chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
I got here through the story 'Mining for Wealth' that uses you story as a report. I just want to tell you that this is some scary piece of writing giving a very dark insight in Tony's mind. I like it a lot since making my favorite characters suffer or reading about that is just my thing! In this case I'd like to see the light at the end of the tunnel because, seriously, Tony needs help! He can't be left alone with that! Pleade, someone, give him a Dr. Watson to balance out his mind! Yes, I do see a lot of RDJs Sherlock Holmes in this version of Tony. Anyhow! This was an amazing story! Really! So, thanks for writing and posting!
kmpd123 chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
More more more PLEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE! I 3 Tony
StarkSkywalker15 chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
oye podrías hacer una historia sobre esto por favor
Obscured Angel chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Great story. I really enjoyed it.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post. It's appreciated.
Levitarius chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Fuck you made me cry
rayningnight chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Okay, seriously? This was frigging amazing. How the in Thor's name did you write this? You totally got it in one with Tony's backstory (totally believable and seriously enjoyable... But sad... To read) and would I ever wish you could continue—
Of course, if there was anything else to add... I can't really think of it. So. Oneshot it is and will be.
Unless... You manage to think something brilliant up. Like... Nah. Can't think of anything, sorry.
Anyway, awesome story, and definitely a favourite!

—Rayne
Critical review chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
Out of character for Tony, he was certainly emotionally neglected as a child and tortured in Afghanistan, but he is nowhere near the level of woobieness that you portray here. In fact, in comparison to the rest of the Avengers, but especially Bruce, Natasha and Clint, he has had a pretty easy privileged life.

Captain America was a jerk but Tony was a jerk to him first - the fact that he survived torture and was willing to sacrifice himself etc, doesn't change the fact that he can (and did on this occasion) behave like a jerk. That's one of the great things about his character - he can be a good person AND an ass sometimes.

In comics canon Tony is (if my memory serves) the third most intelligent person in the world. Bruce Banner is the fourth. He is in no way shape or form a "normal genius". Somebody like Selvig, who is still at the top of his field, is a "normal" genius. Bruce transcends fields just like Tony does. He has outsmarted Tony as many times as Tony has outsmarted him. He would be able to keep up with Tony in practically every way and surpass him in many areas. He does not need to write things down any more than Tony does. It's not shown as much in the film because they obviously concentrated more on the Hulk than Bruce, but Banner (when not hunted by the military) is every bit as much an inventor as Tony is - personal teleportation device anyone? Ask yourself this - if Tony really is as superior to him as you pretend he is, and capable of not merely familiarising himself with Banner's work but surpassing it, why the hell did SHIELD take the immense risk of bringing the Hulk on board their ship when Mary Sue Stark was right there and capable of doing all the work himself? At that point there was nothing else for Iron Man to do.

Tony was as surprised and manipulated by SHIELD as Captain America, the idea that he predicted the way things would go down is not only ridiculously out of character but undermines a huge chunk of the plot of the film.

I really like Tony's character, but if he was anything like you portray him here I would loathe him. Seriously, you do not need to make your favourite character into a perfect, misunderstood, badly treated ultrawoobie for him to be interesting, nor do you have to make the other characters dumber as you have done with Banner, or meaner as you have done with Rogers.

Perhaps you would benefit from a beta reader who can be a little more dispassionate about the characters and point out to you when you veer of into Mary Sue Tony territory? Look up the definition of Mary-Sues (in particular the sub definition of canon Stu) if you don't know what that means. Either that or clearly label them as AU, OOC, whatever.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Nooo... Tony... D':

You're worth! For everything!
Agnomen Loki chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
I love the intensity in this! I agree with you about Steve aswell, but I think Tony hacked his file so they couldn't read the full report. (can't remember) but I think someone mentioned it :P
I like this very much!
THEBATMANIMPOSTER chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I LOVE IT
PERFECTO!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Okay, just because Captain America didn't get captured, tortured, and then escape doesn't mean he wouldn't, and it doesn't mean Iron Man is a better person. And yeah, Tony said for Pepper to fry the reactor, but it was to kill someone that was only going to kill him. Captain America has done tons of thing that are suicidal to save other people. And they were both jerks when they met, the staff was making everyone angry. It's not that I don't like Tony, But you make him sound like an overly perfect person. He is bratty and selfish and a playboy, and that is why people like just took away all the things that make him human. I'm sorry about this rant, but this story really rubbed me the wrong way.