Reviews for Our slow, unreckoning hearts
Dana chapter 8 . 1/14
Your writing is magnificent. You are incredibly talented and I've stayed up many nights to finish a chapter, it's addictive. All of the characters act like themselves, which I love. In Cartography, especially, the romantic scenes were soooo satisfying because of that slow-burn feeling. I feel that it's rare to find a Loghain story that stays true to his personality. I don't blame other authors; it is HARD, and he is complex. But you do it PERFECTLY.

A twisted part of me hoped that Alistair would walk in on something between Elissa and Loghain. Maybe in another work **wink wink nudge**
Monica21 chapter 8 . 12/24/2014
While I'm sorry to see this story come to its end, I'm very happy with how it's ended. As always, beautiful writing, and thank you for my absolute favorite portrayals of these characters I've come to love so much.
Mimilette chapter 5 . 10/20/2014
I cannot express the joy I felt when I saw that you started writing this story again. I decided to reread the whole serie from In All These Wasteful Hours and this is still one of my favorite Loghain fic. Thank you so much and I look forward to reading your "plotty ensemble story" too!
Sarah chapter 7 . 10/12/2014
Oh. OH. And she finally said she loves him. Wonderful.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/2/2014
Oh man! I'm so glad you're back to writing this - it's one of my favorite Loghain fics ever. You capture him really well, and Elissa is just so very very intriguing. And praises to the Maker be... this chapter left me a bit breathless.
Sarah chapter 5 . 10/1/2014
Oh yesssss, finally this updates! I have missed your Loghain. :)
Guest chapter 5 . 10/1/2014
Your writing is just achingly beautiful. Great chapter!
anon276 chapter 4 . 1/30/2014
Cliffhangers, bah! It seems you don't write much these days, but I hope you find your way back to it and this story in particular.
plotbunnyprey chapter 4 . 1/24/2013
I found your first E/L story a few days ago and have devoured everything.

This is truly wonderful writing and an amazing dragon age fiction The plot is intriguing and addictive. I love your Elissa, I think you have kept all the cannon characters exactly IC and you have written the romance just perfectly.

I truly cannot wait to see what happens next.
Monica21 chapter 4 . 11/18/2012
I love this story but I want to comment on how wonderfully you write Loghain. He's battle-hardened and battle-weary, but battle is what he knows. He understands it completely, and the description of the "luxury of preparation" for war is spot-on. If nothing else, there is an honor in war. I'm not sure if you've read "A Soldier's Faith" by Oliver Wendell Holmes, and it may be too heavy to recommend, but he fought in the American Civil War and became disillusioned during the war, but romanticized it later in life. That speech is an example of his recasting of war itself, and glorious death fought for a cause. Whether that's true or not can be debated, but you've written Loghain as an excellent extension of his Origins persona: one who has bled so much for Ferelden that he doesn't know what to what else to do. (A simple and bland paraphrase of your words, but I hope you understand.)
naomis8329 chapter 3 . 10/29/2012
A great chapter but I must admit I'm still confused as to what is going on. Hopefully the next chapter will explain more.

I take if Anders and Justice have merged and he doesn't know how to tell her? I also take it that he will be doing a runner, sooner rather than later? That's a shame too, but it will all come together I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Alistair wants and how the relationship between Loghain and Elissa grows once more.

Can't wait for the next instalment.
Naomi :D
zevgirl chapter 3 . 10/18/2012
I couldn't stop reading long enough to leave a review for chapter 2.

"She wants to remain in his embrace, chaste as it is, wants to drag him down over her and feel awake again, alive. There are words in her mouth waiting to be spoken and she wants to say them now, with one foot in the Fade, because these kinds of words are a rare commodity between people like them who are built for battle, for war."

Perfection. I really could go on and on, but I'll just say I love this so far. And I'm so psyched you've picked their story back up again.
zevgirl chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Such lovely prose. This: "He doesn't speak to Elissa. The memory of her is too bright, too near; she is a silent mark at the back of his mind, a flutter in his breath and a slow, steady rhythm in his blood – their blood."

You get inside Loghain's head with remarkable skill. On to the next chapter.
JessicaJones chapter 3 . 10/18/2012
I'm so happy to see you've revived this. I especially loved the moment with Anders.
Amku chapter 2 . 10/12/2012
I'm so glad to see this story continued! It is one of my favorite fan fictions... Hell, it's one of my favorite stories, period. I can't wait to read more )