Reviews for Time Doesn't Last
221BluePoliceBox chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
I love this. I also think Iove you (you sick of me yet?) I love that you write about Sirius. I think he is such an interesting character you write him so well. I loved it!
KatnissandPrimWeasley chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
The wishing well comparison is great, I really like that. "Just like the memories of the good, the bad, the easy and the hard, the evil and the good..." By saying "good, the bad" and also "evil and the good", you basically repeated yourself, so you could take out one or the other.
That's really the only mistake I could find... So, well done! I like how you compared Sirius and James running from the teachers with Sirius escaping the Dementors.
-Prim
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Very...appropriate. Nice work, keep writing
ArwenGranger chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Wow! That was great.
Ebaz chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
First of all, I love your style in this piece. I think it's beautifully written and captivating; I especially your little one-line paragraphs like [He's a Gryffindor and he would never say so with shame] and [Silent misery]. They're very powerful. I don't see any glaring grammar or spelling mistakes either, which is great. :)

Second, although I do really like the contrast of Sirius's feeling of hopelessness and occasional interludes of cynicism, I think that some of these were a bit too jarring compared to the darkness of the rest of the piece. The one I'm looking at in particular is [A feeling of adrenaline rises in him and he smirks in his doggy form. The only difference is that James isn't by his side] - somehow I feel as if it's suddenly too light-hearted. That's just my opinion, I guess. I like how you used the same effect in this sentence, though: [He shivers in the shackles he wears, but then his eyes suddenly move from the bare wall to his feet and he realises he isn't wearing any. Oh goody, his mind is playing tricks on him again].

And third, although this is probably just a formatting thing, it's kind of disconcerting to read big walls of text, like in the paragraph [The night wears on and... more comfortable than he knows he could ever be] and the following one. I read on my phone a lot, and it's kind of intimidating to scroll through something like that. (I do like the imagery in that paragraph, though :D )

Overall, though, I thought this fic was great. You explored Sirius's character very well, which I appreciate very much - he's one of my favorite characters of all time, and I'm glad to see that you did him justice! :)

Ebaz
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I liked this and I think you have set up the basis of a multi chap - everything from Sirius' POV (no pressure!). It was really well written and I didn't see any spelling or grammar mistakes either. I enjoyed this. Well done.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
I really liked this. :) Wow, that's a lot of competitions this is going in... very well written! You used the quote well; I'm glad it was rats as oppose to humans... Sirius would NOT do that. Good luck in the competitions!