Reviews for The Blood Eagle
Icestar2012 chapter 1 . 5/12
I won't comment
Kaname1993 chapter 1 . 1/18
Not really disturbed… more sad than anything really. The part that hits the hardest is that it isn't that hard to believe that Stoic would do this. What pisses me off about it though is that he has the gall to even think that he ANY right to mourn. He has no right to morn over his son when he's the one who did this to his own child. After than, to be quite honest, I'd have liked the story much more if Hiccup had somehow been able to get revenge even if that's really not how Hiccup is. Maybe you could have Toothless's spirit, since they said they killed him too, come to take Hiccup away.
Technomancer3301 chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
I honestly was not phased by this at all. OK perhaps just a little but not much.

For some odd reason I got the idea that somehow Hiccup would transform into a dragon. Like this to be exact:

First his blood would begin to float from his mangled body and form ghost like wing shapes. This bloody entity would then glow and red eyes along with a ghost like outline of a body. It would make its way though the villagers and then confront Stoick by looking at him in the eye. Once his attention was caught the apparition would then hover over the corpse and the second part of the transformation would begin.

The body would radically mutate and rapidly rearrange and repurpose organs, flesh, and bone. His broken ribs unfolding into full grown wings and skin creating the flesh of them. Feet and arms then change along with the head and then body. Once the mutation is finished the blood entity which until now simply hovered over the body then would then merge with it bringing it back to life.

Finally when the transformation is complete he is pissed as hell at everyone.
Percy-Jackson-is-the-best-ever chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Wow. The sad part is I actually believe old Stoick would do something like this...
zoewinter1 chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
I knew what I was walking into when I started reading this and I was still shocked. (its hard to find authors who can write torture well, congratulations on being one of the few)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
You are sick
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
According to historical archives, blood eagle was indeed used by Vikings as a form of torture execution. This is only reserved for criminals that made extremely revolting/cruel crimes.

The story is well-written. In fact, this is the reason why I got into researching about blood eagle so much that I stumbled upon Vikings by The History Channel. Since then, I finished watching its two season. They say that when the victim/criminal manages to not scream throughout the whole process of blood eagle, he can go to Valhalla (of course, I don't believe that). Anyway, I'm just wondering what the tribesmen would have thought if Hiccup did NOT scream until the end.

Now back to How To Train Your Dragon, your fanfic is one of the best narrated HTTYD fanfics I have ver read, but not in a too gory nonsense way. Kudos.
Kaylara chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
OOOOOOHHHHHH
If Hiccup came back as a vengeful spirit,he would've haunted Stoick forever,never releasing him from the pain of his sin
Clafarie chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
NOPE! Couldn't finish it! Got about 80% of the way through it, slammed my phone down, and felt sick the rest of the night. Gah... I must compliment your excruciating (literally) detail, though...
Dr. Unevil chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
*vomit*
Despite being sickening, it shows how ugly the story could have easily gotten.
13eyond The Boundaries chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
That was delightfully gruesome, in all honesty. It was awful, but in a good way. Even though Stoick was condemning his son in this, you still managed to accurately portray what I'd imagine he'd feel for his son in the given situation. Overall, it was quite realistic, and had there not been a warning about character death, I think this would have broken my heart.
Gracelyn chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
Yes. Vikings did do this. It's horrid. Especially when they did it on that Vikings show.
Night fury101 chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
Well that was a new level of gore and ummmm... I sorta liked this. Exsept for the whole torture consept this was really good. If that makes any sence.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
I cried
Guest chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
I kind of want to read a part two to this where stoick still finds the nest pisses off the giant dragon and gets everybody killed and his last thought as his people are all wiped out is that his son was you could do that?
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »