Reviews for Professional Disguise
andrea-kenz chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Another awesome story! I really like the way you ended it . Poor Eddie shooting may did a lot of damage to him, but I think he'll pull through:)
AuntMingy chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Not too weak...even thought you said there was not much on the character from the episode to work with...but you are showing the cracks beautifully...enjoying these one-shots!
Una Joy chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Not weak at all, and how can I get the Parker delivery service to come and drop off my dinner?
I like the Ed/Greg friendship, and I keep thinking back to Haunting the Barn when Greg is telling Daniel about 'a place he's been before', and wondering if we are going to be seeing where this mythical place is before the end of the season...
Lori Zurbrigg chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Good Evening again - trying to get caught up. Have favourited your fan ficition page.

Thanks for writing another good story - as always, keep up the great writing.
SlippedHalo8186 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I wish I could say Ed just talk to Greg talk , anyone, but I know It's not that easy. Professional Disguise... great title, life behind the mask Yeap thats true. Do what you have to do, to keep from going under but try not to be alone the quite and the darkness, that's were the ghosts hide just like they haunt you dreams they haunt the quite space too.
I'm glad Greg is there for Ed, you show their friendship well and you seem to have a great understanding of Ed's inner turmoil. Its nice to read whats not in the show ... and this adds to it very well. Thanks...
garb50 chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
You really got the friendship between Greg and Ed and the inner turmoil of Ed which is usually never seen. It's really good!
Theresa625 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
The story was not weak and it had to be continued in order to show what Ed is going through. I'm glad that Greg received the call that was disconnected and brought over a pizza. I wish Ed was the type who could talk to someone/anyone.

Please tell that this story and the series isn't leading to Ed having a breakdown of some type I won't like that very much.

I guess after all the years of telling everyone he's fine most people around him believe him. Glad that Greg is seeing through the tough guy shell.

This is a great story just hate seeing Ed go through something like this...:(
JKokol chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Amazing story. Greg finding Ed at the shooting range was perfect. I could hear Greg trying to get Ed to open up and then backing off - the dialogue was great. I just wanted to give Ed a hug when he came home to an empty house - and only had the ghosts in is head. Greg showing up with pizza was a nice light ending!

Another scene that I could see in a FP episode!
kamelion chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Good job!
Ace Bullets chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Hey, no problem about not having any 'real episode stuff'. The focus wasn't on Ed, so it wasn't necessary. You pulled out enough emotional substance to make this a very strong piece. I think this was really highlighted by showing Ed's loneliness. Yes, he has a team and a family, but with this incident, he's floundering and without a steadying hand to guide him... and you're also showing how he's ignoring (at best) and refusing (at worst) that steadying hand that Greg is trying to offer.

There's lost to love about this one. I especially love this line: 'And then without warning he raises his head in a fury of unleashed anger and fires off a rapid succession of bullets until the chamber is empty and the black and white target figure hanging a few meters away has been reduced to smoldering shreds'. Great visuals!

I like the way Greg continued to try to get Ed to open up, and how he simply backed off when he was rebuffed.

I was a bit afraid for what dark corners Ed might go down when he got home, and was really concerned when he grabbed a beer instead of dinner. Then relief came when Greg showed up with the pizza. Thanks for ending on a lighter note with this, because I can see that his shooting of May has the potential to really tear him apart.
dawnpritchard66 chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
wow its really emotional stuff , great writing xx
BJ Collins chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
awww - both guys need a good hug! Greg, because it's not easy being a good friend and staying clean for all these past years. And Ed... Ed needs to know that in spite of the situation that night up on the roof going from bad to outright horrible, he really is a good person doing his job well. Instead, so much pain built up and held back through so many years needs to be brought out into the light, dusted off and let go. But Ed is such a "manly man"... and "men" take care of business without complaint or boo-hooing tears! Yeah, yeah Greg wants him to talk... all of that "touchy-feely business" that's all part of Greg and his job. But Greg is so good as a negosheator and connecting with people on the worst day of their lives because like them Greg had no one to turn to. Greg had hit rock bottom and lost his family. But Ed wasn't like that, he still had his family. Oh sure Sophy and Clark may not actually be at home, they may not see his pain but... well, Ed still has his family so he's OK. Just gotta keep on taking care of business by keeping the peace.
Maria Smith chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Good story which I feel should be continued if FP don't highlight Ed's personal turmoil week by week so that we don't lose sight of it and then it suddenly punches us in the gut. This time both Greg and Ed are displaying their angst and I feel for them both...Ed because he now knows that Greg has witnessed his distress and has seen him weak which is not his usual demeanour and Greg because he feels his friend's pain and still caanot connect with him. Love their impromptu supper, shows the strength of their friendship. Would love for this story to carry on, maybe in tandem with the series?:D
CM-x-SN-x-HP-x-roxmysox chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
loved it...cant wait to read more! ;D
fireandice1986 chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Awesom os I like hos your showing Eds torment and how's he deals with. Also like how greg is trying to draw him out. I totally lol when greg made the comment about posting a comment on facebook, it was totally believeable. Way to go with this can wait to see more of the angst and ptsd ed goes through next