Reviews for The Fox & the Son of the Dragon
KatieZfan chapter 23 . 10/30/2013
Wonderful story - it all came up at once even though you said you were posting different chapters at different times. :D (I don't know the system, but that's ok with me. I love to read a complete story!) I have never seen Monster Squad but I like the way you developed the story within "Zorro" storylines and for all the tips and explanations along the way for people like me who don't know squat about some things :D I liked the Diego/Victoria developments and Felipe actually learning to speak! Very nice wrapping up of things left open and untended. Great job, LaCorelli!
LovelyStardust29 chapter 23 . 10/22/2013
What a wonderful ending to a great story. I knew Dracula couldn't be killed off so easily, but I'm glad that he'll now be bothering the Van Helsings instead of the De La Vegas. The family is happy, Felipe's speaking, and last, but certainly not least, Diego and Victoria are married at last! Looking forward to more from you on your other story soon!
LovelyStardust29 chapter 21 . 10/22/2013
Yay, they're married! And I'm glad that you did decide to let Solomon live - I did like the character, though I'm glad you allowed our hero to be the one to save the day. This has been such a wonderful story. I'm looking forward to the epilogue.
LovelyStardust29 chapter 19 . 10/22/2013
Victoria, Vampire Slayer! :) I love it! I also love how determined she was to not be the damsel in distress yet again, and I love her use of the garlic. However, I'm worried about Solomon, and am hoping he's still alive! Quickly making my way to the next chapter...
LovelyStardust29 chapter 15 . 10/22/2013
Yay! We finally have the truth from Diego to Victoria. However, I'm finding myself a bit nervous about Diego's timing. On to the next chapter to (hopefully) allay my fears...
LovelyStardust29 chapter 13 . 10/22/2013
I think I'm going to like Solomon Kendall's character - I definitely liked his entrance. And I also liked how you let Diego's chivalrous nature be what gets him into trouble with the vampire ladies rather than the sudden attraction. This was much more fitting to the character. On to the next chapter.
LovelyStardust29 chapter 6 . 10/21/2013
Well done, but sufficiently creepy! Poor Diego - he was never one that dealt well with death to begin with, and with Dracula around, death will definitely be on the menu (pardon the pun!). Yet another great chapter. Looking forward to the next one.
Therrae chapter 2 . 10/21/2013
You have Don Alejandro's voice PERFECTLY.
LovelyStardust29 chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
Wonderful chapter - I liked how Victoria ended up seeking out Diego, but Diego needs to get a good dose of courage and just tell her already! :) However, now with Dracula's appearance, I'm betting that Diego's revelation will be put off, but I'm still eager to read more. Wonderful work with creating the suitably eerie atmosphere in which Dracula appears.
LovelyStardust29 chapter 2 . 10/21/2013
Go, Alejandro! Way to have him talk some sense into that stubborn son of his, and I loved that he basically told Diego to elope if he gets the chance. :) I'm a bit nervous about these nightmares, but am eager to read on. Darn real life for interfering with my reading time!
DietMJ chapter 23 . 10/21/2013
Had to reread a couple of the chapters so I'd get up to speed again. And now I want to read it all over again! Thanks for the Halloween treat!
LovelyStardust29 chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
How could I have missed this one? I apparently did not go back far enough in my searches through the archives! Wonderful and eerie opening chapter - I've yet to see "Monster Squad," but definitely want to, as I'm eager to see Duncan's portrayal of Dracula. Your depiction of Dracula is wonderfully done, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more. Now I have another wonderful story of yours to occupy my time!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Cool
Guest chapter 2 . 11/17/2012
Very good opening. The characterization of Diego and Alejandro are spot on. Zorro is bold and daring but Diego can be rather intimidated at the thought of interacting with Victoria without the mask. As for Alejandro, his behavior and dialogue are very natural and exactly what I would expect. Well done all around.
g chapter 22 . 11/11/2012
Most excellent. Love the devil in Victoria.