Reviews for Riding Solo
sharon.suez chapter 3 . 4/16
Well written and a wonderful story. Thanks.
sharon.suez chapter 2 . 4/16
I love Jerry Woods! It's nice that Roy and Johnny are there to help Pete.
RACONNER chapter 3 . 9/2/2014
Good story. I really liked it. Mac doesn't get half of the attention that he deserves.

Robert
PippinStrange chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
Wow that was so good. You wrote those hospital scenes like a doctor... all detailed and crisp. I hope you write more Adam-12 stories. (I'm doing a lot of WebMD research for my story to try and sound as authentic, heh heh)
PippinStrange chapter 2 . 4/8/2013
I literally double fist pumped the air when I realized that the firefighters helping Pete were Johnny and Roy. Then I had to clap my hands over my mouth to keep from cheering. Fine writing here, dear author. Very fine. The drug use was totally unexpected too- just like something a couple of sick criminals would do. It's easier to make a cop look bad for using than it is to shoot one and run with a price on your head. I'm doing to post my own Adam-12 story sometime tonight, I'd love it if you took a look at it ) I was thinking of throwing in a little Emergency! cameo myself.
Jenna chapter 3 . 12/1/2012
Crud, the site deleted the links I tried to copy to the two other story sites. To the guest asking about Jim stories, just google "Continue Patrol" or "Tac 2" and the two sites should come up. If not, try refining it by googling something like "Adam-12 fanfiction" and they should appear. Lots of good Jim stories on those sites and I hope you're able to check them out!
Jenna chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
Guest asking about Jim stories: There are two other Adam-12 sites besides this one that offer a lot of Jim stories. You'll have to type the links into your browser without the spaces and the proper slashes and dots. They are:

Continue Patrol: http: (slash slash) .com (slash)

Tac2: http: (slash slash) tac2. (slash)

Both sites haven't updated in years, but check them out, there's some good stories on them!
Guest chapter 3 . 11/26/2012
I like the crossover but we really need some good Jim fics, Pete gets all the attention.
hotchner chapter 3 . 11/9/2012
Hey Aussielover, I really love your story. I can not believe that the Team just about lost Pete. I hope that he
keeps closer eye on what he is doing the next time. Keep up the AWESOME writing. I will read your next
story also. Pete is my favorite Adam-12 character.
Mina64 chapter 3 . 10/24/2012
Perfect ending but...I still think Jim needed to be told. Great story as always!
Jenna chapter 3 . 10/21/2012
"heroine"female hero
"heroin"a narcotic drug

You've misspelled the word "heroin" in your story. I'm also pretty sure that after receiving that big of an injection of the drug, Pete would be off duty for more than a couple of days. Despite the Naloxone reversing the effects of heroin, a person would be totally wiped out and still sick from the after-effects of it for several days after the drug was cleaned from their system. I like your stories, but I was wondering if you'd ever considered writing something that didn't include injuring Pete or Jim? Don't get me wrong, I love owie stories a lot, but I couldn't help but notice nearly all of your stories involved Pete or Jim getting hurt, and in the actual show itself they were injured only a handful of times. I would love to see you write just a plain old story where they work something they'd encounter during a normal shift, like a burglary or something, and neither of them gets hurt, they just solve the case like they used to do on the show.
SaraiEsq chapter 3 . 10/21/2012
This was a pretty good story, but I find myself wanting to know more, particularly about that 24 hour period Mac was taking care of Pete. Or, will that come in the next story when Jim learns about Pete's adventure? (hint, hint)
Steve Dawson chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
Just a question: Why is the Los Angeles County Fire Dept. working in a city district? The department responding would be the Los Angeles city fire department, not the county. Most of the areas that Adam-12 patrolled were served by the city FD. I know it's only fanfiction, but I do see that error being perpetuated so that writers can cross the Emergency! crew with the Adam-12 crew and while it's a nice idea, it simply would not happen. Even in the "Lost & Found" episode, Pete and Jim only interacted with the Rampart staff, not Johnny and Roy. Plus in all the Adam-12 episodes where they needed medical help, only an ambulance responded, not any paramedics. Sorry, it's just something that I keep seeing being written and growing up in 1970s L.A. myself, I know that the county would not respond in a city-served district (or vice versa) unless otherwise requested to do so. I'm also pretty sure that given Pete's highly respected status as a police officer, him being a drug addict would be one of the last conclusions his coworkers would jump to, especially considering that if he had a heroin addiction, they'd definitely notice it by the way he was acting.

-Steve
Mina64 chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
Jerry and Brink, 2 of my favs! This story just keeps getting more interesting. Keep up the good work!
SaraiEsq chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
C'mon, Peter J., start breathing for us.

(Good job, eager for your next installment.)