Reviews for Ends and Means
ReluctantSlashFan chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Yeah, Audrey was kind of... witchy in that episode. To both Nathan and Duke.
I do like scenes like these between the boys, there is never enough, and this was great. Let's hope Duke doesn't start *liking* to kill. We don't need him going after Nathan.
See ya
MagPie003 chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
It's too bad that the boys are too busy bristling their fur at each other on the show to give us a great scene like this. Thanks for posting. :-)
Weeblswobl chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Wow, that was good. A superb tag to that episode. I agree that Audrey's behavior was somewhat shocking in this episode. I like the imagery here of Duke pouring Nathan a drink and toasting with him; it's a nice contrast to him shutting Audrey out earlier in the scene. I think you've captured the characters perfectly. I'm really glad to see a bit more Haven fics hitting the archives. Please keep writing!
ninaluvsathena chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Perfect, it would've fit in very well with this episode and I really wish it had been there just to make me feel better also because I will never get enough of the nathan/duke bromance. And I love audrey but she is just killing me this season and its only been 3 episodes.
ensignro chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Great little scene and fits beautifully with the episode. Don't think Audrey is really that cold, but maybe some acceptance of who she is-fixes the troubled ones anyway she can, the fallout though from that choice that's something totally different. The pain in Nathan's eyes was heart breaking and I fear what lies ahead of us...
n0thin-but-the-rain chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
This is so spot on, I can't even describe! Exactly what I had hoped to write, but couldn't find the words for. Please, please, please, continue to grace us with your fics. I love any Nathan/Duke bromance (can't ever see them as anything slash..at all.) and the chance for them to be brothers-by-choice (in a sense) is something I'd look forward to. This needs to be used as an AU universe fic, because it has so many possibilities. Thank, you, thank you, thank you!
quisinart4 chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I wouldn't say I dislike Audrey for last ep because I do love her but it was definitely an emotional ep for her and her relationship with both boys. I can understand her pushing them away to keep them safe but it hurts! I really felt bad for Duke too and I think you wrote this scene perfectly because as much as he doesnt want to kill the Troubled, with a case like last ep, it was needed and sometimes the best answer, as hard as it is to admit :( Doesn't make it any easier. And I think nathan's understanding and support would mean a lot to Duke so you wrote that very well.

As the other commenter said, its definitely gonna be an emotional season! Great work.
DoubleBinConnecticut chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I hear you about the sudden dislike for Audrey. I wanted to either shake/slap/punch or do all three to her. Something to knock sense into her, for the way she treated Nathan and Duke.

Anyway, Nice story. I like the whole Nathan/Duke truce or understanding. After all, they are both basically in the same boat when it comes to Audrey. Since she is pushing both of then away.

A scene like this would've fit nicely in that episode. I felt bad for Duke, that Audrey of all people would force him into that situation. Especially, knowing how he feels about his 'Trouble'. I'm glad that Nathan made it clear to Duke, that he didn't know about it. Showing Duke that he doesn't really view him, as being just like his Father.

One thing's for sure, the Haven writer's definitely have us fans on an emotional rollercoaster ride.
M chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I need a scene just like this.
Doks chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Actually, Audrey it's acting like a B* all this season so far. I don't know what is she thinking and I don't approve her recent decisions. But I can't help but bow for Emily's acting, she's the best!
I liked this momento here in your story. If Nathan wasn't so twisted because of Audrey and the Hunter, I think he would go and have this tete a tete with Duke. Very nice