Reviews for A Spectre in Sunnydale
Byakugan789 chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
I'm curious, this is WAY before the ME games were even thought of, how far have you allowed Xanders shep to go and what class is he? One of the biotics obviously, change everything in a flash of blue, but which one? what weapons? How far into the plot is Shep?

ANyways, nicely written so far. might even follow this.

Full list of known Biotic abilities if you want them. Mind you, these are preset abilities you can get out of a biotic amp from games 1 throught 3, but more varied abilities can be made on demand by skilled biotics. leaving out lash, leash and smash, as they're really just Lift, pull and slam with cooler graphics.

Biotics: use of Element Zero, AKA Eezo, neutronium, neutron matter, dark matter, implanted along the nervous system to create dark energy allowing for the manipulation of varied gravatic fields that imitate telekinesis, shield generation and, in rare cases, pyrokinesis or mind control.
Type 1 direct
Lift: causes target to float in the air till released by lowering gravatic force on target while raising it above the target
Throw: Modified lift that violently pulls a target in a direction before releasing them.
Salvo: further modification of throw allows for multiple point non area effect attacks.
Shockwave: modified throw for area effect
Flair: Modified throw that expands out from the target in a shphere
Pull: modified lift and throw uses gravatic fields to pull target toward user.
Slam: modified lift and throw combo, lifts target and them throws them back to earth violently.
Slash: tricromatic gravatic field. Creates a thin field that lowers gravatic force and two more that pull in opposing directions, splitting affected target or area.
Type 2 indirect
Barrier: creates an impenetrable forcefield until released by increasing gravatic force on a chosen area until the very air is solid as a steel bulkhead.
Stasis: modified version of the Barrier which locks a target in place by creating a shield around, but not controlled by, the target.
Protector: Modified barrier that can be used in field projection rather than on targets
Sphere: modified barrier that creates a spherical shield on an area around the user. Could be reversed to for containment sphere
Type 3 hybrid
Nova: modified barrier to achieve the effect of flair.
Phase disruptor: modified barrier throw hybrid that forms a point attack beam.
Charge: modified pull and barrier hybrid allows user to fly in chosen direction like a cannonball.
Singularity: causes targeted area to manifest gravatic anomalies that can simulate lift as an area effect
Orb: modified singularity and throw creates a ball of heavy matter that can be launched at a target
Type 4 specialized
Warp: uses small, randomly and rapidly shifting gravatic fields to shred a target. More rigid items shred faster than more elastic ones.
Anialation field: Modified warp, causes area effect around the user.
Reave: specialized warp designed to attack targets nervous system
Dominate: uses miniature gravatic fields to press on various parts of the targets brain allowing vague levels of control from suppressing free will to causing blind panic. The asari Morinth can also gift targets with biotic barriers.
Storm: Massive Area of Effect field that can be modified for warp, throw, singularity, slam or slash.
edboy4926 chapter 2 . 2/8/2013
Awesome story
Please continue.
WBH21C chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
Great start!
Swanboy chapter 2 . 11/23/2012
Love it!
Rycon67 chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Another promising story started and abandoned. Color me surprised.

You are probably one of the best fanfic authors I've seen. But what I hate about reading your stories is I know in my heart, 9 times out of 10, the story will get at most half a dozen chapters in, only to be abandoned outright, or thrown into a version 2.0 or 3.0 that will itself end up never being finished.

I mean no disrespect and enjoy your works, but once in a while I wish you'd actually finish a story or get it to a proper conclusion of sorts, even an open ended conclusion.
The DCG chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
Hmm, what an interesting start. Considering your fics are normally super tech. im suddenly very curious as to where your going to take this.

Building a new tech base for earth from the ground up?
stargatesg1fan1 chapter 2 . 10/21/2012
This has been an interesting and entertaining read so far. I'm really hoping for a Xander/Cordelia pairing. I'm curious how they'll keep their powers. But since biotics seem to be based off of element zero and technology I suppose if their tech doesn't revert then they'll have their biotics and more. I'm also intrigued to see how you will write a semi-complete storyline given how short you have said this fic is going to be. Thanks for sharing.
Bobboky chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
very good
Maldai chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
Oh man, this is awesome. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
Great chapter! Keep up the good work!
drake202 chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
Really cool story you got here I wonder though what all will be left behind for Xander to use after the spell is broken like weapons, Biotics, armor etc etc well anyways i'm looking forward to finding out
Dracomancer1 chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
I think this story has serious potential. The characterization is sound, the idea is great, all you need to polish up is the spelling and grammar. Plus, like with any halloween story you need to decide what you want to get "left behind" so to speak. here's hoping you make a good decision with that.
hordac85 chapter 2 . 10/12/2012
nice
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Keep up the great work!
BURN3 chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
I liked your first chapter quite a bit but I'm not so sure about this none though. When you added the additional characters from 'Mass Effect' it really took away from the story. IMO, of course. I guess it spreads the focus of the story on secondary characters and taking it away from Xander. Maybe it's just that I loathe Jonathan. ;)
53 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »