Reviews for A Curse of Truth
polarpwnage chapter 9 . 4/12
If this is based on canon, Daphne is Blonde... Don't know how anyone assumed she had black hair
lemon-rind chapter 28 . 4/10
Damn. This was a good read. A little different from what I usually go after, but I'm glad I branched out. Thanks for the fantastic story.
Indecisive Bob chapter 28 . 4/3
Excellent story! Certainly not perfect, but I loved it anyways. I'm not going to even bother listing my complaints of this story, since you've already addressed most of them.

This story was deceptively light-hearted for the most part, with small pockets of pretty sad and serious stuff. Especially the end. Wow, the end was pretty... um... sad. I really wasn't expecting William to live, since you'd been hinting throughout the story that he already felt like he didn't belong and stuff. But him dying was still really sad.

I have no idea where "William" has ended up in your little sneak-peak of a sequel. At first, I was thinking that he somehow got chucked into Narnia, but one of the four said that "you people are crazy," which is most definitely not a Chronicle of Narnia quote (in that context, at least). Where is the sequel, anyhow? It's not posted on your profile.

Once again, excellent job with this story!
chris678 chapter 27 . 4/2
Holy shit that was incredible, I am one emotionally stunted bastard but my eyes watered towards the end, absolutely great fan fiction.
doubledamn chapter 28 . 4/1
Well, this was...interesting. The ending was pretty much what I expected, though I have no idea how anyone HASN'T figured out the Lighting Bolt is a Rune in canon. I mean COME ON! The definition of the Curse he survives is 'kills without leaving a any marks'.

A well written story, and one I will read again at some point in the future.

P.S
That last omake/alternate ending...Joan of Arc, or the 4 Founders?
doubledamn chapter 25 . 4/1
I would have asked specifically about any sort of magic (Ritual, Spell, Tribute etc...) that pertains to Soul Purification. Probably something designed when Religion was a big thing, clean slate right before you die, instant pass into the Good Part of the Afterlife.
doubledamn chapter 21 . 4/1
Fiendfyre is probably the most well named spell in the canon Potterverse. Although it is technically a Summoning of some sort of Hellfire, probably not literal Hellfire but definitely some portion of a Fire Demon of Efreet's Power, given the semi-sentient nature of the Element summoned.
doubledamn chapter 8 . 4/1
If anyone tries to explain the blood-purity thing to me, I only have one rebuttal:

The First Wizard's parents.
Well that was... awkward...
But a learner chapter 1 . 3/29
So far, a hilarious treatment of a shitty trope. Good job.
caterbird chapter 28 . 3/22
Maruaders era? Would explain a castle and it could be a knights helmet. plus the red head. Hmm I wonder if everything william changed would stay changed if he went back further and changed even more?
Wow. Thats one heck of a story. I have got to say, as far as fanfiction goes, this is by far an away one of my favourites. I am normally slightly wary of fanfics where people put themsleves into the story, or even an oc as the main character, but I have to say this is fantastically written, a true story of fanfiction for the ages. I would completely truthfully say this is as good as many published and known authors, it even pushes towards competing with J. herself. I think this is one of the best fanfics for bringing in an oc, one fo the best fanfics for character development, easily the best for daphne and astoria, but also the way you portrayed blaise, tracey, neville and luna is absolutely brilliant. I can't wait for the sequal, to see his amazing adventures elesewhere. I have no idea where your sending him next, maybe a guess at neverland by the redhead, though i cant figure the knights helm :P Aha apart from my lame attempts at guessing your sequal, I avidly await every chapter, and the pure delight to begin again that i experianced from reading this most excellent peice of fanfiction. Keep up the good work bud!
AJ Granger chapter 28 . 3/22
I actually like this story a lot. I am a little surprised I had not found it before as I read a lot of stories. I think you did a pretty nice job of portraying the characters and creating an interesting and different story. I even like the wrap up you did here, where you don't necessarily tell us the future, but you do go over important things from the story.
AJ Granger chapter 2 . 3/21
Luna is one of my personal favorites, and I think you have done quite nicely by her. I like her interactions so far, and I look forward to her meeting the others sooner than in canon.
Specky Clarke chapter 28 . 3/20
A truly brilliant story, I've probably said that before but my range of positive expletives have probably been used up in my praise of this story.