Reviews for A Curse of Truth
MY FEELS
THE LAST CHAPTER
SOBS GROSSLY
WILLIAMMMMMMM
No sequel up yet! I hope you put it up asap. I really want to read it. Enjoyed this story alot, finsihed it in 1 1/2 days.
Supersive chapter 28 . 7/27
I really like this story. The first probably 15/16 chapters are some of the funniest fan fic I have read. The story does lose much of it's humor towards the end and morphs into a more serious/sombre story, but it's still an interesting and good read.

Just some thoughts on the post-mortem:

1) I wouldn't say you did much Ron bashing, it was just more he was barely in the story and completely irrelevant.
2) I would agree that William was too accepting of the situation, my only real complaint with the story.
3) The supporting characters (Luna/Neville/Blaise etc.) were very well written.

Hopefully you do the sequal
You write it so well, that whatever pairing you come up with is irrelevant. I would say to us readers go with the flow
CarolWim chapter 17 . 7/21
This is the best fafic I've read since ... ever.
It's an unbelievable story, well written and gives me so much enjoyment to read. Thank you.
CarolWim chapter 13 . 7/21
This is the first time I read this kind of HP fabric and I love it.
This is well written, humor and really much better then the original
DonLyn chapter 27 . 7/16
A beautiful story, it had me laughing out loud frequently and the epilogue made me bawl my eyes out.

Personally it did not bother me that William was technically a Gary Stu. Yes, almost everyone liked him, but then again he was very likeable. I know a couple of genuinely good people and I often lament that they are almost criminally under-represented in fiction.

There are only two things that I feel cheapen the experience: That William survives his heroic sacrifice and your AN saying that the beautifully described reaction scenes are only make-belief.
The former because it lessens the impact of his actions and the latter because it slaps the reader in the face with a 'lolnope, gotcha, just kidding, it was all a dream!' just as they come out of being immersed in a very emotional state. Needless to say, belittling your audience like this for daring to empathize with your characters comes across as a bit of a dick move.
Hamilton chapter 28 . 7/4
Great story, really enjoyed reading it. So, there is/will be a sequel then?
yet again chapter 27 . 6/21
i cried so much during these last entries, thank you for your hard work and for sharing this story with us
Daarklyte chapter 28 . 6/18
Well. That was a fun read. I am not usually partial to SI fics but you did a good job of keeping it interesting. Thanks for writing.
Darwin's Apprentice chapter 27 . 6/18
What can I say? It was fun, really fun, you definitely know how to write a page turner man, especially the beginning, it was gripping. On the other hand there were some aspects of it I didn't like so much, like the excessive slapstick between William (thank god you dropped Bud) and the female cast and his head kissing fetish. Sometimes I felt like it dragged a bit, with everything happening in the background, like the horcrux hunt, and nothing in the foregound except for weird love quadrangles.
Regarding the ending, I felt like you promissed us a better William than we got, especially with his runic abilities (what happened to the rune shields?) and his non-human magic (where was ultima flare?). It was a bit rushed and confusing, for example I didn't get why Lord Greengrass betrayed them, certainly he was better with Voldemort dead, and what happened to the backup plan with Neville and his Gran and Amelia Bones? And why was Hermione at the graveyard?
The epilogue was pretty cool with the letter arriving and the "it could be all real" twist, but I hoped he would somehow explain everything to his friends, including how in the muggle world they were nothing but the fictional world of a woman.
Thanks for writing this awesome fic, keep it up!
miguce chapter 28 . 6/7
very nice and unique
LadyDisdain2014 chapter 28 . 6/6
So, basically if I were to make a list of the things I hate in fanfic, this would check off all the boxes. And yet, somehow I devoured this.

Fun, adorable, engaging crackfic. Well done.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this one.
GitGud chapter 28 . 6/6
I cried like a baby for about 15 minutes after finishing this story. I miss them all so much. Thank you very much for making me feel.
Liberticus chapter 1 . 5/31
I really hope the real name of this protagonist isn't Anonymous.