Reviews for A Curse of Truth
Honestly I don’t really like the si drop off zone, he hasn’t been fleshed out at all, we know absolutely nothing about them and he’s immediately being shoved into hogwarts spontaneously with nothing to go off of. It lacks a certain level of depth and it already feels like it’s going to be a typical golden trio turns into the golden quad. All in all it’s kind of a stale beginning for a story , like why couldn’t you have done a SI where instead of the very beginning which is usually the worst part due to a lack of flow and exasperating moments you could have made it a SI where he’s been here for a few years already. Like he was actually in the states to begin with and he was attending the American school of magic and entered a foreign student exchange program to broaden his horizons let’s say.
weeathamandjam chapter 28 . 3/6
The end of this story left me feeling the same way Mass Effect 3 did.

Mass Effect 3's ending left me devastated because it was a terrible quality terrible ending to a fantastic story.

Your ending left me devastated because it was a fantastic quality terrible ending to a fantastic story. There is nothing unbelievable about this heart-breaking epilogue, William really took a huge gamble and it's amazingly good luck that he was the only unwanted casualty.

But oh God, I wanted him to live through this. If anyone deserved a happy ending more than Harry, it was William.

(Also, I kept waiting for William to reveal to the others that they were just characters in a fictional story where he is from - and that he was afraid of unraveling their universe or their sanity by revealing that.)

Still this story is definitely going in my collection though I don't know if I will be able to read it completely again.

Sirius's death in HP canon hit me really hard, but having read many fanfictions where he lives has soothed that pain over the years. I now feel I need to read fanfictions of YOUR story to heal this bleeding, gaping wound in my heart right now. You magnificent, evil sonofagun. :-)
intata chapter 12 . 2/27
Dude. Omake #3 was the best thing I have ever read.
dustinpuffer chapter 1 . 2/16

It was an incredible story, I basically blow through it in one sitting, one 14 hours sitting but one nevertheless
BlazeStryker chapter 15 . 2/2
Remo always gets them out of sequence anyway.
pervysage1 chapter 28 . 2/2
so fricken good man
Mastersgtjames chapter 10 . 1/28
pretty annoyed at the MC with foreknowledge of cannon and fanfics that does not use it. No stealing from the RoR for money/items, No using it for improving himself in various magics, rituals, etc. No hinting at harry he might be a metamorph or any number of other useful things...
ar chapter 28 . 1/18
Voldemort also faints with Harry when killing curse strikes
MarmiteMorango chapter 6 . 1/16
Hi
spc.martin420 chapter 10 . 1/15
this got me and my feels
worom001 chapter 28 . 1/11
This is all really good. I honestly loved my read through this and I'm just sad it's ended so quick, or that he didn't end up coming back alive insane like voldemort but with a skewed perception of reality age his own justifiable goals. A story from the side of the new Villain who's just trying to do good.

The only real pet peeve I have with the entire novel is how Hermione is such a lying detector, there are some parts where quite honestly, she should not have called out unless she actively used aggressive Legilimency on him.
Another pet peeve is the fact that he never went to Dobby to learn house elf magic! You mentioned through Dobby that his magic is like wizard and house elf but at the same time different, you explored the fact of how powerful house elf magic is, yet never actually delved into it! Such a shame.

I know there is a sequel, and I'm gonna start reading after, but I just want to share my opinion with you before I do.

Otherwise, this novel would've gotten a solid 7.8/10
I'm honestly surprised no has call you out for having him be a pedophile if you A/N is true. He is at least 18 since you mentioned college before. At a minimum he is 16 since he said a few years if it is taken literally. If he was 16 then him falling for a 14 isn't as bad but if its any older it starts to get questionable. I do recoiling quiet a bit reading every time he actual internally thinks like he has actual feelings for little girls.

I knew this work has long since completed but thought I'd give my 2 cents anyway.
MajorParidae chapter 12 . 1/9
That Lucius impersonation Omake is pure gold and want it to have happenned :'D
Oliver Otter1 chapter 27 . 1/9
A most excellent read thank you for sharing :D enjoyed the story immensely
aries12345251 chapter 28 . 1/3
the ending sucks the oc died so it just waste my time reading this
1,106 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »