Reviews for Doctor Who: Eulogy
DW chapter 14 . 9/20/2013
Loving this fan fic! Ace is quite the awesome companion Please update again soon!
Alex chapter 3 . 9/19/2013
Apologies about the last review, I honestly must have forgotten to hit 'Post Review'. Very pleased that the Sixth Doctor's identity was much easier to establish early on now. He also seems more in line with the Big Finish portrayal of the Sixth Doctor, which in my opinion is far more palatable than the TV version. It is faithful to him, while still being an improvement.

The most impressive thing is managing to keep Mel in character, yet make her far less annoying. That's a true challenge, but you've managed to do just that.
Alex chapter 4 . 9/19/2013
Wonderful chapter! Great portrayal of all the characters, and once again with the perfect atmosphere being established. I find the way the weeping angels have been worked into this to be quite thrilling, and intriguing! Would love if the show took that direction with them too, even if it was only as a story, like it is used here.
Alex chapter 2 . 9/6/2013
Not sure how many changes you have made in this chapter, but I am aware that the Doctor was instantly identifiable as the Fifth, and very cleverly done! The dialogue is excellent, particularly for the Sontaran, and I am enjoying this thing you have going on with regards to the atmosphere you set! I am unsure how you do it, but you are getting the feel for each Doctor's era dead on! I can imagine this scene being played out as though it were in an episode, and that actually adds to the enjoyment for me. Excellent, and I don't think there is a negative thing I can say about this chapter.
Alex chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
for some reason, which I now believe may be a personal issue for me, more than anything else, the part where the Doctor sneers at Amy and Rory for suggesting he was there for help doesn't sit right with me. I am not so sure it is a problem with YOUR portrayal though, as having watched Season 6/7 again, I did notice a lot of aspects of Eleven's attitude at times was very out of place.

Otherwise, a thoroughly enjoyable start!
Son of Whitebeard chapter 6 . 8/20/2013
Oh what will they do once the TARDIS is dead
Son of Whitebeard chapter 5 . 8/17/2013
more action from the time vampires
Son of Whitebeard chapter 2 . 8/15/2013
a new day dawns
AlexGallifrey chapter 7 . 5/12/2013
The change in the atmosphere was well reflected throughout this chapter, from the bright and full vivaciousness of the initial party, to the sombreness of the last. It was very emotional, and the weariness of the characters was very well portrayed and obvious. Very effective.

My only criticism is the Doctor's portrayal...He retained his character for the most part, but I didn't feel his frivolity...To me, at least, the fourth Doctor had this frivolous edge that shone through even in the most dire of situations. Here though, he appeared quite terse, and possibly a little angry to some degree because of that terseness. I am not sure. I still liked him...And I could feel his compassion towards Horatio also. Adric also seemed a little reserved. Perhaps it was because they were only in the scene for what felt like a short time?
AlexGallifrey chapter 6 . 4/25/2013
A very busy chapter, but it covered a lot of ground and progressed the story nicely. Amy's emotional outburst was well drawn, as was Rory's role of diplomat and husband. I liked their interactions in this chapter.

It was good to see Stevie back, but I have to admit, you did well to conceal her intent initially! I did not see this coming the way it did, so I was thoroughly gripped to see what would happen, and I am now thoroughly looking forward to seeing more of her. her nonchalance was clearly a frustration to the Doctor, and the fact that his showing off clouded his judgement is demonstrated very well...Very much in keeping with an underlying theme in the show.

No criticisms here. Not even a suggestion! I liked what I read, and look forward to more!
AlexGallifrey chapter 5 . 4/25/2013
I might be biased on this, because he is my Doctor, but I love this chapter! My favourite so far! Seven and ace are exactly as they should be, and the whole Chronopire concept and the Doctor's logic to defeat them come together well.

I liked the fast pace, and sense of urgency in this chapter. I think it reflects the events very well, and certainly outs you in the right frame of empathy from the start.

Only thing I could possibly comment on as a potential addition would be some reference to the TARDIS interior, but to be honest, even with that suggestion, I am clutching at straws. Very enjoyable, and as I said, my favourite so far.
AlexGallifrey chapter 4 . 4/13/2013
Very nice chapter. No ambiguity, and I liked the Doctor and Susan's interactions. Very much in keeping with the show. i have noticed with each chapter that you keep very much in the atmosphere for each Doctor's era, and I like that a lot.

Barbara and I an seemed to be on form, and even the Doctor's constant mistaking of Ian's name. It was good to see Amy and Rory finding out about Susan. Nice to have Susan referenced at all, but even more so in relation to the Doctor's relationship with River. All in all, a good chapter.

My only comment really is that I noticed a couple of minor typos, but hardly a hanging offence :)
AlexGallifrey chapter 3 . 4/3/2013
I have only one criticism of this chapter...A new Whovian, or one who is not overly familiar with the classic Doctors may take a while to deduce that this is the sixth Doctor. I narrowed it down with the little cues, like Mel as a companion, sonic lance, blonde hair, and of course, his abruptness, but someone inexperienced with the Sixth Doctor's stories may find him hard to place initially, so some more cues may be necessary. Mel was also a companion to Seven for a time, so some may instantly go there, as I did.

However, you have captured his arrogance and abruptness quite nicely! And you also managed to make Mel bearable, which is quite an achievement. I liked some of the visualisations you used to describe the ship. Very effective, The scene was set wonderfully.

I have to admit that at this point, I was frustrated by the seeming cliffhanger with regards to Stevie. That part of the story was very effective. Eleven was his usual wonderful self, and you've even created an already likeable character in Stevie!
AlexGallifrey chapter 2 . 3/29/2013
This chapter is just wonderful! It feels like watching a Fifth Doctor serial, and you've done wonderfully with your portrayal of the Doctor and Peri. Even the detective and captain felt very much as they would have been written for the era, so I'm guessing you've watched a fair bit of 80s Who. It adds to the atmosphere wonderfully.

The chapter moved quite quickly, and fluidly, didn't drag at all, but didn't skimp on the story either. Very well done indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed this trip back to Fifth Doctor's era. :)
AlexGallifrey chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Loved your portrayal of Amy and Rory in this unreservedly, especially Amy. You've nailed their personalities completely, and I can't really find fault with them so far. The Doctor's entrance was good, but it was hard to construe what he was trying to convey emotionally initially...I wasn't sure if he was angry, worried, frustrated, stressed... but that may well be intentional given what comes later in the chapter. As far as his mannerisms go overall though, he's very well drawn out, and clearly portrayed as the Eleventh Doctor, so that is a definite plus.

The nod to the scrapyard is very pleasing, and my only thoughts here would be that some more visualisation for the scrapyard may be helpful. I was immersed, but I've seen 76 Totter's lane on DVD. Other readers may not have. Not that it is a major issue.

A very pleasant read, and I love the flow of the language and the pace of the story so far.