Reviews for The Younger Son
Denali Direwolf chapter 7 . 8/4/2014
I've just read this story (since I've enjoyed all of your others) and this one is no different. It's so sad but so well-written. Great job!
0oBellina0o chapter 7 . 6/22/2013
Sad but beautiful.
Prevouslyknownasxocrazililkelo chapter 7 . 5/2/2013
I really enjoyed this story .It was nice to get a look at life in the middle ages in the eyes of a normal girl who was not royal .The glimpse into Sandors childhood to was nice it makes you feel sympathy for him and look at him in a new light .Is Sandra named after Sandor?
AuroreMartell chapter 7 . 10/30/2012
Stdyubhrgnyhjhuuhihijijondhh igihijkjkjk

Sorry. I was wiping my tears off the keyboard.

HOLY SHIT THIS WAS THE BEST STORY I'VE READ IN LIKE A YEAR!
Mononoke-hime x sukai kurora chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
He stil maintains the compassion of his youth to his Sansa.
Mononoke-hime x sukai kurora chapter 7 . 10/14/2012
I loved the story. It was wonderful with angst, agony, and hope. Maybe you could write a sequel set in "A Clash of Kings" where Beth meets Sandor again, and where she meets a girl like herself...Sansa?
Mononoke-hime x sukai kurora chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
I like the other version of the war. Robert's Rebellion it was known and is known, but Sandor's statement is still in my mind. I'm glad that the commons veiw him in a lighter light, but then again...some things come too late.
Mononoke-hime x sukai kurora chapter 5 . 10/14/2012
Sandor isn't going to be a knight, but Beth doesn't know that, does she? I liked how her friendship survived without him.
Mononoke-hime x sukai kurora chapter 4 . 10/14/2012
The twists and turns were amazing. I laughed when Sandor said, "Men marching off to die for a maidenhead." Sandor's youth seems so sad. I hope nothing sadder happens.
Mononoke-hime x sukai kurora chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
I see that Sandor hasn't changed much since he was twelve years old. I like Beth too.
Mononoke-hime x sukai kurora chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
This is so good I couldn't even stop reading. I couldn't believe the bastard Gregor killed Beth's poor defenseless kitten! I liked how you portrayed Sandor too.
JuliaAurelia chapter 8 . 10/14/2012
Oh, the last chapter was the ending of the fic! I must say excellent ending, and I'm so happy it ended as "happily" as it could. All along, when I got alerts for this story, I was eager to read the new chapter, but dreaded it a bit too, as I was expecting Gregor to burn the village and for everybody in it to end up dead in the horrible ways Gregor can devise. Sandor would show up too late to save Beth and would end up burying her body. I guess I have a talent for drama like Dany :)

Writing dialect is very hard. It was easier for Twain, because he grew up hearing/speaking it. You were best to stay away from it, and really, the story didn't need it, as you showed us what Beth's status was like.

I hope Beth Cassel is still alive (and well and not tortured) in the Dreadfort. Sooner or later, that evil place is going to be taken, and then the prisoners will be freed.

Again, very good story!
JuliaAurelia chapter 7 . 10/14/2012
Aw, Beth named her baby Sandra! Thank goodness for Sandor showing up when he did, because otherwise she most likely would have ended up dying, or at least being subjected to violent rape that would probably have cause a miscarriage.

The large paragraph near the end, where Beth is reflecting on Sandor as he is now practically made me cry. She hasn't had the greatest life, but his has been worse.

On to the next chapter.
LadyTP chapter 8 . 10/14/2012
Thank you emmiemac for a beautiful and heart wrenching story! Sandor is perfectly described and his story gives so much insight to the man he later grows up to be.
I also like how the story has a definite ending, it really rounds up the whole story so well.
I hope you will write more stories soon!
voodooqueen126 chapter 8 . 10/13/2012
I love that you are stickler for canon. It's what made this story seem so plausible.
I also like that it didn't become dreadfully overwrought.