Reviews for Going Back: A Tribute to Simba
yeti1995 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Beautifully written... Every sentence was like a knife through my heart.. Simba's guilt isn't that easy to write about, I've tried myself, but you managed to do it brilliantly!
"My heart sank, as I encounter yet another creature that I took my father from." Hmm interesting... I didn't think Simba would think like that there... But now that you've mentioned it, I'm pretty sure he would've.. Seems very legit.. All of Simba's thoughts were well written, and I can't really find any part of this oneshot that deserves criticism... Great work!
Chu10 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Aha, this one! I much preferred this one to the other one shot. You've done an amazing job of getting into Simba's shoes - in this case, footprints - and I really loved him throughout this rendering of the famous scenes from the first movie. He is very emotional in the movie, of course, but here, when we readers see his thoughts, he immediately makes us connect with him.

Simba always wanted to be what his father was and always faced the guilt and emotional trauma he's suffered from the stampede. You captured him well! Story-wise, I'm sure we all know and knew what happened, but content-wise, this is a great one shot and I sincerely enjoyed it a lot. All hail Simba, the true King of the Pridelands!

Faved! :D
Lavenderpaw chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
wow, insightful.

wish there was more.
Scuta5 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Yet another good short story, so to speak. I like how you write and such. it encourages me, to do better with mine. :)
StarChaser14 chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
It's wonderful to see a scene written down in words in such a high quality. I'm going to be sure to take time to read your other TLK fanfics!
Amy
ShadowHunterIzzie chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
I loved it! You're a very amazing writer! I felt like I was Simba! :)
Emerald dreamer96 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Very nice, I always did wonder what Simba was thinking when Nala just showed up out of nowhere.

I can see him thinking like this, good job.
Lionlove2002 chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Hi it's i love the story i really do but you said something about my grammer. It's jut that i really did write all the correct grammar it's just that when i puyt it on the internet it left words out and i don't know how to put them back in.I'm sorry but your story is way greater then my i'll try to find out how to correct my stories
lew leon chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I enjoyed it. Okay, it didn't add anything new, but it was an interesting insight in Simba's feelings and thoughts, I think that you portraied them pretty well. I can't wait for the last chappie of HoaL:TtEoaQ1 (funny abbreviation :) ) When you will post it?
snheetah chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I agree with the first review. This was pretty epic. The lines from the movie itself and Simba's thoughts are very well connected and it also shows Simba's inner suffering when he was corrupted as a cub by Scar. Also, the change of his suffering to feeling bold again was a very good change in his feelings which shows that, "I can face my past, no matter how hard it is." Which would then, connect to what later happens in the movie. The real truth and death...

In conclusion, a very well written perspective.
PuttingQuillOnParchment chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
... This ... is ... epic ...
shut the goddamn door chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I cant remember if i already reviewed this but if i did... Two reviews cant hurt!
I thought the story line was good and it was really good that you kept it inline with the film so we could, as readers, just focus on simbas thoughts and emotions instead of needing to know whats happening next! Hope that made sense!
WritingILiveitILoveIt chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Three words. I Love It! So much detailand emotions just pour out. It's like you are Simba! You know how he feels and what pain that haunts him. Awesome.
Desray95 chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I absolutely love this! 3 Your imagery is superb, Simba's in character, you did an outstanding job writing in his point of view and your writing is very poetic and descriptive. :3
Chris Boyce chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Its good to see you attempting something new: a first person story. I hope you might have been inspired to have a go by my recent efforts. Sounds like it from your reviews.

I feel Simba's internal monologue worked well, lines such as: "What right does Nala have just showing up, telling me that my place is back at Pride Rock? She doesn't know what I've been through... what I've done. She wouldn't understand, she would hate me if she knew..." However I felt that his other "thoughts", such as the third line, "A red-maned lion appears in my mind, his words are kind and gentle as he reassures me, that no matter what, he will always be guiding me" sounded somewhat forced, as if they were stage asides rather than first person narration or "thoughts". I know how tricky that is, and that no one is going to get it "right" first time. Well done for attempting it!

I did feel that this didn't really add anything new to my understanding of Simba. Instead I felt that you were confirming my previous impressions of him, filling them out in the process, but not really adding much really fresh insight: no surprises.

You need to be careful when punctuating dialogue and this sort of internal monologue. Its not so much a case of getting it "correct", as the pauses and falters are an important part of both speech and thoughts. They can carry almost as much emotion and even information as the words.

Well done! A good first first person piece.