Reviews for Can't Choose Your Family
Ex Prisoner of Azkaban chapter 1 . 8/6
Great writing and I thought you definitely did the characters justice! Keep it up! 3
ClaireBear1982 chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Ugh I HATE Sirius' parents. Pureblood supremacists, and complete arseholes. He was better off out of all that, that's for sure!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
I really liked this. The contrast between Sirius's home life and James's is well done, and I feel so sorry for the bloke. It's a good thing he has a friend like James. I love James's response to Sirius telling him what happened... it just makes sense for a teenage boy to think of something to say and settle on "That sucks." everyone seemed IC, too, which is always great. :)
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Oh, this was just beautiful! I felt terribly sorry for Sirius, especially given the way his parents treated him, but his friendship with James and the Potters made it all better. I love how you showed two different sides of a platonic relationship - the good and the bad - but that in the end, James' friendship shone through for Sirius. You characterised Sirius wonderfully, and all in all, this was a lovely read. Thanks for sharing!
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
This was bittersweet. I love the ending, how Sirius felt so at home with the Potters, how he compared Potters vs Blacks. I love how well James knows his friend, and how much they care about each other.
That prank was brilliant :)
fan-freak121 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
This was inthow Sirius ended up living with the Potter's. I can believe that somebody like Walburga would do something like that to her own son; which is kind of sad in a way I suppose. There were a couple of awkward wording such as;

The slimy little snake was probably stood right outside the door loving every minute of this.

It should probably have been written as
that slimy little snake was probably standing right outside loving every minute of this.
should be they had casted the charm

Other than those two things this was a interesting and great one-shot.

And this
They had cast the
Should probably have been written as
EJect chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Can't Siruis report his mother and send her to Azkaban?
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
This was marvelous. Sirius was perfect! His characterisation was awesome and I loved the bit with James at the end. It was awesome. And I've never read a fic with James' parents in it too, so that was awesome as well.

The little remark about McGonagall at the beginning, asking the Slytherins to answer questions made me laugh. It sounds like something she would do. Bless McGonagall, she is awesome :)

Fantastic writing and I am glad that you joined this competition so I got to read your writing. Well done.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
"That sucks." SO JAMES!

Aww the end was so sweet! This was very well done! Awesome job.