Reviews for Understanding
2sidedstoryteller29995 chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
This was so wonderfully realistic. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This is extremely just adorable and sweet! Oh, how I wish there was a harry in my life! Back to your story, it was wonderful!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Don't apologize for Luna and Harry being ooc! I thought they were rather IC, actually. The only thing I took issue with here is that there's no way Harry killed someone - he said "Expelliarmus." It was technically VDM's spell that hit himself; Harry wasn't a murderer. However, I love the touch that Luna had. I thought this was really nice, so good work.
dragonflybeach chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
This was great. I've always felt that if the story of the years between the final battle and the epilogue would have been told, most of the kids would have had difficulty dealing with everything that had happened to them. It was well written as well.
Flynnigan Rider chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
No don't think you wrote them badly! IT was honestly very good and in character. Don't underestimate yourself. I've read a lot of fanfiction and your writing style is maturely developed.
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
I really like this - I like the pairing and I like the idea of them after the battle. The final line is really brilliant - I love the way it just sums up how they are feeling. Great! :)
Ralinde chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
I think you characterised both of them rather well, they were a bit OOC but not too much. I think Harry (and lots of other students) would feel like this after the war and I like how Luna just understands. It's a bit weird that always when I read "Hello, Harry," I know immediately who is going to show up even if I have not read the summary. XD So perhaps that's a sign that Luna was recognisable.
I think I would have preferred it if they had just spent a friendly moment and didn't kiss, but ah well.
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Nice description of Harry's feelings after the war. It was a great attempt at writing Harry and Luna. Good job!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I love Luna! I don't think she's too OOC for this scene, especially since she does something similar (sort of) after Sirius' death :p Good job
alicenotinwonderland chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
I liked this! It was sweet and I thought you did a good job with Luna. Her suggestion to summon a Wrackspurt was just like her! It was a nice tender moment between the two and I like how Harry believes so much in the sanctity of life.

I only want to point out that Voldemort was killed by his own rebounding curse so Harry didn't become a killer but for the purpose of this story, I'm ready to overlook that because this was very well done!

I would have liked it better if they had just shared a friendly moment than a kiss though. It just would have seemed more tender, more touching to me that way. But this was very good, especially the last line!
Being A Wallflower chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
I know you struggled to write Harry/Luna, but this was done well. Still kept in canon, which I like very much. You didn't put them into a full blown relationship - they probably never would be - but there waas still romance. Yay! Again, honoured that I could Beta for you :D

Your speech is written well, as is the whole piece. If anything, maybe you could add a little more description about the surroundings, maybe what Luna looked like? But apart from that, well done and keep writing!
no cure for crazy chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
I think Harry's and Luna's characterizations were spot on(: I think that Harry wouldn't want to talk to anyone after everything was over because of what he'd been through. That was very realistic as well. And so was Luna with the talk of Wrackspurts. I really like how you wrote their friendship and I enjoyed this.
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Luna was OOC in my opinion, but I think you characterized Harry well. I've always found him to be annoyingly immature and self righteous, but I believe that in this moment, Harry would definitely feel this. Well done :)
AmzyD chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Ahh this was so sweet, you portrayed Luna really well. You used your prompts really well, and your characterisation of both Harry and Luna are almost flawless.
00982374-deactivated chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
OOC? Really? I think you've nailed Harry's characterization and Luna was brilliant too. Harry probably would've felt guilty after killing Voldemort, although it was the right thing to do. Lovely job!