Reviews for The Safer Place
enj412 chapter 13 . 3/19
This was absolutely beautiful. Such lovely writing. I wish you would write more in the Divergent universe.
Bamcn24 chapter 13 . 3/19
Lovely job.
Bamcn24 chapter 11 . 3/19
What a lovely interaction between Tris and her father.
Bamcn24 chapter 7 . 3/18
This is wonderful writing.
Amelie chapter 6 . 9/15/2014
You write so beautifully!
bankhead56 chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Okay. Okay? Okay! I don't want to be selfish. I went back and looked at your looooooooooooong list (not enough Divergent fanfiction) of other stories and read your bio. I don't want to be selfish. You're really busy. You teach pre-schoolers huh? Me understand. My sister - from a different mother - is a pre-school teacher. We adopted each other and I am Godmother to her two youngest children. Since you are soooooooo busy I shouldn't ask you to update this story. So I will simply save your beautiful story and re-read it. I shouldn't ask you to write more Divergent fanfiction either with your schedule. But with your maturity, education and experience in arts... I understand better why this story was so exceptionally well written. My hats off to you!
bankhead56 chapter 13 . 7/26/2014
This was an AMAZING STORY! An AMAZING STORY! My words can not convey all the subtleties, the meanings behind, the strategies, the conflicts, the unity, and the love/honesty/truth shown between Tobias and Tris. Plus! BONUS: Tris (hopefully killed) Jeanine Mathews taking her sorry butt out of the picture for good or at least until she re-groups. Actually, I liked the fact that both Tris and Tobias were breaking rules from the get-go and throughout the story line. That makes more sense to me. Divergence means a way of thinking so... they would have been more like this - rule breakers from the beginning. I also liked the Author's subtle way of trying to explain or give reason as to "why" Marcus beat his son. Nothing that I have read in any of the books, fanfiction or the movie could shed light on the actions of Marcus, the head of Abnegation, being so totally anti-Abnegation directing violence at his wife and son. I loved when Marcus showed a tiny bit of respect, acceptance and pride towards Tobias before giving him the map and reminding Tobias that as a father he couldn't break Tobias; it was a little redeeming for Marcus. Lastly, I loved how the Author incorporated Andrew more prominently into the story. This story is an exceptional story. The best one so far about Abnegation! Please update. Please update! Please update regularly. (Heh Hee: I know you wrote the epilogue but I'm asking pretty please add more)
Cinder Lunar chapter 13 . 1/24/2013
i absolutely loved this, and you couldn't have wrote it better.
wee kraken chapter 13 . 10/31/2012
I've been lurking on this story for a while, and haven't reviewed until now - this has nothing to do with the quality of the writing, which is excellent - but just because reactions to fiction are subjective, it's an AU, and I wasn't all that keen on the direction you took the characters. But then you finished it, and connected all the dots, and I have to say I'm really impressed. I'm particularly impressed by the resolution with Tobias and his father. In the end, nothing is black and white, everything is cast in shades of grey - which is exactly the point. Nicely done.
Ellenka chapter 13 . 10/30/2012
Damn, idk I can't ever review you straigh away - I always need a lil tme to stew/think :D
and I'm still kinda reeling how well you wrapped up the message of Insurgent in the tweaked scenario and much smaller wordcount.

as in this: "It's all an idea, nothing solid, except whatever they decide to build./But isn't that what the Factions were, too? One choice changes everything." - so true & perfectly put it hurts.

aaargh, and this: "The knowledge of others outside in a world even more broken than theirs doesn't seem like enough to make everything they've lost worthwhile." - even truer, I guess, and it struck me as even more powerful than in Insurgent. I mean, sure, the revelation that they are just one great big social experiment went long way to make sense of the weird society, but still - now that you mentioned it, the "omfg, twas all for THIS?!" moment was kinda missing there.

and this: "It's simple. And it's enough." - oh yeah. Sums it up perfectly :)
ALW4 chapter 13 . 10/30/2012
That was amazing! This is one of my favorite fanfics!
Ellenka chapter 12 . 10/29/2012
Gah, the Marcus/Tobias interaction was unnerving. Also, spot-on.

aargh, and this: "The Erudite are not soldiers, but you don't have to be Dauntless to kill someone at point-blank range./As Beatrice has proven. More than once." - once again, awesome and oh-so-meaningful convergence of factions :D

And whoa, the twist was unexpected... can't wait to see where you go from there :)
Ellenka chapter 11 . 10/26/2012
Aaargh, dammit, and how am I to come up with a logical response to this? Now I kinda think my fear landscape would show you holding the books and laughing maniacally. lol.

Because, seriously, the way you dig into the deepest depths of the characters and how well you understand them is mindblowing. And combining Mr. P and Caleb and Tris's fear lanscape in one scene and pulling it off like this - just plain incredible.
Anon chapter 10 . 10/26/2012
Ugh this story is so good :D i love it! Update soon :)
Ellenka chapter 10 . 10/23/2012
dammit, this is scarier than the original, you know that, right?

and I loved how Tris tricked Jeanine (again)... and whoa, another plot-twist: Mr. Prior is alive... oh, the possibilities *stifles maniacal laughter*