Reviews for The Way Things Work
Fact1-I-Hate-You chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
You know this just brings up an weird thought or scene.
I can almost see Gru just going to a coffee shop for just a simple cup of coffee and Supergirl (what I am calling her) there and just blaming him for some evil scheme and totally just a scene in the middle of the day.
Just a fun idea I had and wanted to share it.
TheWonderOfLexicon chapter 3 . 7/26/2013
This is a really good story! Will there be more?
gunman chapter 3 . 7/5/2013
Like you said, this cannot end well.
Still, the idea of a bored housewife acting like a superhero, fighting both Gru and vector, and has a female inventor working for her, who is now going to 'date' Gru? That was pretty interesting.
An interesting idea.
I wonder what Gru's going to do when he finds out about his daughters setting himself up on a blind date.
And seriously? Gru not being the prettiest of men was a laugh. (And I don't really know what Gru's mother's real name is, but good try on this)
You should really continue this.
Write on!
The-Right-Girl chapter 3 . 6/23/2013
I love this story!
Please update soon!
emily chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
Omg i love this story please update soon3
Rebekah Kroeplin chapter 3 . 4/7/2013
Gosh, so far, it seems like Dex and Gru and meant to be. XD that's so crazy! I can't wait to hear more about her personality.
Clockwork's Apprentice chapter 3 . 3/22/2013
Oh my gosh, please update soon!
CWA
Ivy000 chapter 3 . 3/14/2013
Yeah! Go Dex! I wonder if would get along with her. He might bd annoyed by the competition. I cannot wait to read more, and I promise I will read and review every chapter!
Ivy000 chapter 2 . 3/14/2013
Sub-par? I think this is a pretty awesome story!

*gasp!*is Richie in league with Vector? Duh duh DUH!
Ivy000 chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Wow. Supergirl is a rather cliche name, totally. Gru has a point! I love how you have Edith and Agnes's personalities down. They seem so in character! The others too, but those two really stood out to me.
shadow1real chapter 3 . 2/27/2013
Amazing story can't wait for more
WaterEra chapter 3 . 1/15/2013
Hmmm. This is peculiar. A supervillain paring with the weapons maker of the superhero... Very interesting... XD I'm intrigued. The extreme irony of this predicament all of the characters are in is hilarious and has the great potential to being even more hilarious. XD I canNOT wait to see how this plays out between Dexter and Gru, well, the girls. :P But make sure to flesh out Dexter's character, and make sure that you're paying attention to personality compatability. If their personalities match up, this will work. If not, then the story won't be. But so far this seems good and I must say this: I looooooove your descriptive writing, it's fantastic! How you described Gru-the physical stature alone-was incredibly rich, and your background details are just as rich. Make sure that you use the same richness in the characters' personalities, specifically Dexter and Gru, though more Dexter since she's an OC. I'm so excited to see how this plays out! I can't wait for the inevitable humor to roll out with the girls hiding this from Gru and Gru finally meeting Dexter. XD But remember, take your time, and flesh them out. And make sure the personalities fit. Good job, and have fun!
PikuPow chapter 3 . 1/3/2013
This story is soo cute! I love the datingsite idea! This is my favorite movie and Im really happy that all the characters are the same. Update soon :)
zestychicken2 chapter 3 . 12/25/2012
I'm not going to lie... :) I was a little disappointed when I found out that Jenny wouldn't be paired with Gru... But then you introduced Dex as a character that I'm SURE will be more than just a side character, I decided I liked this MUCH better! the superhero's weapon maker matched with Gru :) That sounds hilarious and adorable! (assuming this will be the pairing, but I guess you never know hehe)

Personally, I love the way you write. There's just enough detail to keep us going, but not so much that its boring to read :) I especially love the way you portray the girls. Margo is just so... Margo... I know that seems vague, but there's really no other way to describe it! She's so caring and so much a mother-hen, and yet she acts her age, wanting a mother, and willing to break the rules for something she wants.

I'm glad that you write Gru with a Russian Accent... It's a little hard to read quickly, but I like being able to imagine him saying it in my mind, and I'm not necessarily the best at imagining an accent in regular-spelt words... Great job, and definite kudos to writing it the difficult way :D

Despicable Me is just the CUTEST movie, isn't it? I'm obsessed now too, and this story is only helping me become MORE obsessed! Hahaha :) Sorry, that was random, but I wanted to throw in that little drabble.

I don't see any mistakes with grammar or spelling or whatever - and even if there are some, they aren't irritating enough to take away from the story... I don't even see them for the most part :) I do, however, feel like I have to give some sort of constructive criticism, but the only thing I can think of us just making the chapters longer :) I really love the story as a whole, and am sad when I see the chapter come to a close! If you update fast of course, short chapters aren't a big deal ;)

I really enjoy Jenny's back story. Her boredom propelling her into being a superhero, and just how ecstatic she is about the whole thing is adorable. I'm glad, if she isn't going to be paired with Gru, that you have Richie such a nice guy. I'd really feel bad for her if her husband wasn't around AND sucked :P But she just seems so harmless and cliche that it makes it interesting to read about her :) And I'm really diggin' the jet-pack heels or whatever... I sort of kind of want a pair :D hahaha

Your fanfiction makes me, if possible, fall in love with Gru even further. He is SO cute when it comes to his girls, and I LOVE how he will put them in front of everything else. Even though he's a supervillain, he is just so innocent, and I'm loving that! You keep him in character SO well!

On my last note (sorry it's just been kind of a jumbled, rambling review, but I figured you'd appreciate a semi-long one :D) I love, love, LOVE, your little comment in I think the first chapter? About Margo being bullied, and how he'd take care of the problem with his new flamethrower. I actually laughed out loud for that one :) Think about if you were 11 and had a flamethrower pulled out on you :) ahhh, too cute && funny!

Please update soon, I'm literally dying to hear more, and delve deeper into the storyline! :) :) Hopefully this has helped with some writer's block! Keep up the amazing work!

-zesty-
Fey Beauty chapter 3 . 12/16/2012
Ha ha! This is getting interesting! Please update soon!