Reviews for Getting Back Up Again
Guest chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
I will want to see a son of Harry and Molly it will be cool.
Sr. Obras chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Quite a nice, if somewhat depressing story, probably be a mission to fit it with ghost story, but it is what it was advertised as.
thomaseliot chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Beautiful. I love this kind of future-fic. Is it definitely only a one-shot? Because it would be cool to see where Harry's at. And even more interesting to see the dynamics of a normal vanilla family with a 130-year-old wizard grandmother.
Wzd JA chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Very good story you have here. You brought a lot of sadness then turned it around at the end.
pshaffer chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I hadn't known what to expect, and was quite pleasantly surprised.

The only part of your (molly's) narration that gave me pause was when she said parents "burying a child was something different". And it's not strictly your story here that I have the problem with. Lots of authors trot out that lame statement to try and wring emotion from their readers. The problem with it is that it has _NEVER_ been true in the history of mankind. High mortality rate of children has been a given throughout all of recorded history. Even with the US's historically low child mortality rates (which has only been the last 60 years or so), the fact remains that many parents do exactly that. If you want to really hit home with your readers on that point, go where the other authors don't go with it. Acknowledge that it has always happened, but that it remains so much more painful because nobody ever wants to bury their future. Perhaps in as short a piece as this one was, it would have been too difficult to work in without distracting from the rest.

The other point is lack of scene description. You do some scene in the early paragraphs, but from there it is mostly dialog. My suggestion is to always look over what you've written and compare it to a first or second chapter of a published book by a successful author (a fellow named Butcher springs to mind). Most of your paragraphs are only one or two sentences. Most published successful authors have considerably more in each paragraph, much of which is scene description. Scene always gets me too, because its hard (for me at least) to work in well with the dialog and so takes awhile.

Thank you for having shared your wonderful story with us.
BookshelfAwesomeness chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Oh my God. Shut up.

You wrote a Dresden fic! :) I love the Dresden Files! You should win an award for being awesome enough to write a fic based on the Dresden files.

This was heartbreaking. I kind of liked Michael (although I can't exactly lie and say I'm too upset about Charity) and I felt well and truly awful for Molly. It must be horrible to watch your family die around you while you remain healthy and fully alive.

Tiny question: Did Molly marry Harry in this fic? Is Amelia a descendant of them both or should I go back and reread?

The quality of this fic is as the quality of all of your other fics. In other words, it's written beautifully. :) Thank you for making my day with this great one-shot.