Reviews for Fanning the Embers
TCsecrets chapter 22 . 3/2
Excellent story...LOV3D IT!
Cmdr's Monkey chapter 22 . 4/25/2014
This isn't the first time ff.n has threatened to remove sexual content from their site. A couple years ago they said they'd remove the M rating. It's still here. And even if they did try to enforce the new rule, people would still post the stuff. Ff.n is too big for them to police successfully and they'll back off again like before.

Great story nonetheless and well written. Not many can write this kind of content and pull it off successfully.
Tokala chapter 22 . 2/4/2014
Do you have another site where u could post the story as it was? The lemony stuff added to the special vibe that u created with this story IMO, it'd be sad to see that go..
ZoeyRedbirdXStark chapter 22 . 1/30/2014
MandyTrimm chapter 22 . 1/29/2014
It's a little 'whoa' so I can understand although I'm unhappy with their new rules especially since they offer a mature rating, so what's the point if you can't have mature romance? If they remove it i'll be sad. Still love your story, I'll save it to a Word Doc! Then I can read forever while waiting for more works :) although I should finish my own, yours is more saucy and fun , P.S thought of uploading it to your own site? Weebly is easy! ;)
Guest chapter 22 . 1/29/2014
Hey, this is tasty-kate (didn't feel like logging in). You may want to consider uploading it to Archive Of Our Own, Teaspoon and an Open Mind, or another site that doesn't discriminate against artistic expression or whether or not there's sexually explicit content. That way you can keep your story in its original format. I just think that it's hilarious that it takes dozens of people to report a user for plagiarizing a story over the course of weeks to have it removed (and even then i dont know if it was ff dot net or the user themselves that took it down) but now suddenly ff dot net wants to crack down on legitimately unique works cause they have sex in them? Give me a break... /rant Sorry, got on my pedastool there..
Guest chapter 22 . 1/29/2014
Ah, I wondered why you were doing the revised version. Perhaps you could find another place for this to be posted. It would be a shame to lose it after all the work you put in.
RosePond chapter 21 . 8/9/2013
Wow, this story was fantastic! I read it all in one sitting and now my eyes are glazed over and it's very late at night. That's a testament to your writing as I do love my sleep! ;) Seriously though, your plot twists were intriguing... I was startled when they found Rory in 1875...but you explained the plot so cleverly... :)

And then the future version of the Doctor! Oh my! I was very worried for a while that the Doctor would end up leaving Amy behind with Rory, but you managed to find a workable way around that too! *cheers* I actually feel really bad for Rory, but that angst just goes to show how well you wrote his character.

I also greatly enjoyed the hints of darkness in the Doctor; I think that he works so hard to be silly and carefree that people tend to forget how he earned nicknames like the "Oncoming Storm" and the "Fire in the Heart of the Sun".

Also, I LOVED the way you described Amy hearing the Doctor's true name. What a wonderful, poetic description! :D Finally, your writing style really grew as this story evolved. Some of your descriptions near the end were just so ... poetic! I'm trying to think of a better word to use than that, but it's late and I can't. Lol. But seriously, great story. I'd love to read a sequel. :)

P.S. I loved your chapter titles, too! How they all followed a theme. Very clever! :)
MandyTrimm chapter 21 . 4/23/2013
Brilliant story, fantastic writing, and an amazing twist of romance and drama. This was every bit as intriguing as it was sexy. It left me wanting to read more and more. Definitely a great story.
Princess of Attitude chapter 21 . 3/16/2013
please do write a sequal im deeply mesmorized by the 2 of them :)
RandomWriter17 chapter 21 . 1/30/2013
So. Wow. Great story. I found this story via search, and I was surprised when I read the words 'rose and crown'. I thought it was older, for some reason. Anyways, you did a great job incorporating a plot into an otherwise lemony story. I really love what you did with Rory, although for some reason I kept on hoping the Doctor would just push Amy out of the TARDIS and tell her to go. (Angst EVERYWHERE) I sorta felt like that story line was incomplete. Personal preference, probably. (Also, poor Rory.) The writing itself is well done, compelling, and immersive. I think you've gotten me out of my reading slump. (I haven't read or written anything in at least month.) Good luck with your future endeavors (hehehe that word sounds so...Posh) and...Sequel?
Maribor chapter 21 . 1/24/2013
Wow! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I loved every word of this. I really, really hope there's a sequel in the future!
TheGreatGame221B chapter 21 . 1/23/2013
What's this? The end?! *frantically looks for next button* WHY! JK. I loved this story! I enjoy stories where the 11th Doctor is sort of suits him since he's so old. Please do a sequel!
Multi Fandom Sleeper chapter 21 . 1/22/2013
Epic... write pne where rory finds out that they did it...
Fear-The-Spork chapter 21 . 1/22/2013
Damn, I've only just discovered this fandom and this story! How could this be the end!? Your writing is simply wonderful and smut never misses the mark in my opinion. I urge you to keep writing for this pairing because we desperately need more smut for them. Well done!