Reviews for Someone Who Touches my Life
theaterdiva13 chapter 5 . 1/1/2013
Loving the story so very much! Please update soon.
lcelinaoc chapter 5 . 12/31/2012
I just wanted to point out that "gamine" isn't Eponine's last name. A gamine is (in French) the feminine word for urchin. Also, Patria is "the homeland" (a.k.a. France), not a person. Just thought I'd point those out, though you might've mentioned them in A/N's and I just have not noticed _ Your story is fantastic, update soon (:
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Please upload the new chapters!
It's something to sustain me until the new movie comes out, please.
you're-not-your chapter 5 . 11/28/2012
Two words make up the point of this review.

Update. Please.
judybear236 chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
OK. Questions: Enjy collects his belongings into a satchel... where are Eponine's belongings? Surely she has at least one other change of clothing? Maybe some little doodads? Some paper she has been practicing her writing on? and what is erinite? And when will Chapter 6 be ready?

Great writing job!
Les Miserabby chapter 5 . 10/25/2012
This is a great story so far, the first Les Mis fic I've read that I liked, honestly, though I haven't read many. Only, well, two or three. And one was awesome until the ending which was too sad for my liking. But still, really great! I'm loving it, and can't wait to read more!
Les Miserabby chapter 3 . 10/25/2012
Well, gotta love google translate don't you? Thank God you put what you had translated in here. What I got re-translating the French into English with google translate:
Eponine: "Revolutionary stupid. Student, my ass No student should be so rude and crude as it is for me to be today Oh, how maddening it was all damn morning! Even unconscious Marius my feelings are preferable to the company that fool unbearable now Oh, I'll just strangle him before he was even noon, I'll just strangle him, I will! "

Enjolras: "Me not insult you nowhere, Miss Thénadier," "Ni regain my good graces, nor enjoying yourself in any way. If you ask me, you should just quit while you're ahead."

Eponine (Banshee mode): "You son of a bitch How dare you, how dare you, how dare you, why, I should just tear everything shiny blonde hair of yours right out of your scalp and make a wig out it just to spite you! you are so shallow, you know? thou art a shallow, narcissistic, egocentric, arrogant, obnoxious pretty boy a bastard What I have not gone quite mad your business right now, I'll never know, I have just left this barricade, I just buried my brother and you let him die there, like all the others! what I thought of bring you here, I'll never know! What in God's name would perhaps have been me at that time, I'll never know! "

So, after having a good laugh at google translate, and reading the rest of the chapter (Didn't have to translate Enjolras' last line in French since I still remember enough from the French courses that Ontario requires students to take until at least grade 9 to remember "I'm sorry), I was very pleased to see you had the original English there, which made far more sense than the grammer-deficient google translate. Great story, by the way. I am highly enjoying it! Google translate, not so much...
darkgemwildcat chapter 5 . 10/20/2012
Nice little chapter, update soon!
Guest chapter 4 . 10/11/2012
darkgemwildcat chapter 4 . 10/11/2012
Much better :) update soon!
mystifyre chapter 4 . 10/11/2012
Overall, well written but I will echo what another reviewer has said about Eponine referring to Enjolras as "Enjy". It sounds too informal and just doesn't sound right when reading along with the dialogue. I don't really see much of the need to have the few French words/phrases that you have used in this chapter. Foreign words should be used very infrequently, perhaps just the occasional use of "Merci" and, if it really is required, an expletive. I'm not meaning this in a nasty way, don't get me wrong, but I just wanted to be slightly critical so that you can improve on your work in the future.

Nevertheless, I'm enjoying the overall pace of this 'fic and do like the way you write. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
A-Flame-That-Never-Dies chapter 3 . 10/10/2012
Loving this so far!

But I do have one or two things to point out; I had to reread a lot of the dialogue because you had both characters speaking on the same line. It would help if you took a new line every time the other person starts speaking. Secondly, the big rants in French would've been fine in English. Having to scroll up and down was a bit annoying. Also, I don't think you needed to put 'said in French' before these parts since they are French and yeah...

I hope this doesn't sound to mean or overly critical. I can't wait for you to update!
darkgemwildcat chapter 3 . 10/9/2012
Great chapter, though I don't think it's nessasary to have big rants in French. I was like- read. Scroll down to read translation. Scroll up. Read. Scroll down. Read. Scroll up... And so on an so forth. When faced with a lot to say, say it in English. You should only have to use French in little things. Like say: greetings, numbers, one tiny swear word here and there, and common phrases. If at all. Hope that wasnt too confusing, update soon!
PrettyChelsea chapter 2 . 10/9/2012
Enjolras confession with waving a red flag and vest that made him a practice target was hilarious and quite true :P Loved Eponine's poem
darkgemwildcat chapter 2 . 10/8/2012
Pretty good so far, update soon