Reviews for Take it to the Grave
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Why did the world have to make Moony such a pessimistic prat? Silly idiot.
Books are air chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
FEELS.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Wow. Remus is one of my favorite characters. And the way you painted him here was so perfect. All his worries and fears coming out to the only people that he trusts completely. But they're dead and he needs them, like he's always needed him. It's just so beautiful.

I love how you described James and Harry as self-righteous, because they are. They give up their lives for others and that's how they'll always be.

Remus knowing, deep down, that Harry is right is wonderfully portrayed. The ending was lovely as well.

One thing, "too caught up in it all."\" - you don't need that backslash.

Overall, nicely done.
Phoenix Flare 68 chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
This story was very touching. I feel so bad for Remus... The only happy times he spent were probably at Hogwarts, and that's all...

"I wish I had someone to give me advice and tell me what to do. I wish I could talk to someone who isn't dead." These two sentences were perhaps the best in the entire chapter. It suddenly makes you realise how alone in the world Remus is (though he doesn't seem to realise that he has Tonks now).

Now, if you'll excuse me while I get myself a box of tissues...
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
[Not as though you're going to talk back?" ] - that probably shouldn't be a question. Sounds far better as a comment.

[I wish I could talk to someone who isn't dead."] - this is just a suggestion, but perhaps add an element of pause in there to really emphasise that point. Eg. "I wish...I could talk"

[He wanted so many things. Yet every time they seemed to come towards him he had to run away.] - I think that works better with a comma instead, seeing as the ideas flow into each other and all.

[curse free] - I think you should write it as "curse-free" because otherwise they read a little separately. I wound up getting confused before realising those two words went together.

[I wish I could listen to Harry, he made it all seem easy.] - good spot for a semicolon instead.

I really like how you brought about the insecurities of Remus becoming a father and the strain of his current relationships. Also, nice incorporation with the moon; clever work there. I find though this description [The gate seemed to spring open of its own accord when he approached, as though frightened to get too near. ] a little odd. The gate opening doesn't really move the gate in its entirely, which is what your second part suggests. It's just a matter of prose getting a tad purply.
alicenotinwonderland chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
This was so touching! It seemed so natural to think that Remus would go to Lily and James for help even though they weren't there. The part about the moon reminding him how far from Dora he was was a lovely and new idea. You've brought out the separation part really well!

It was a lovely read :)
teddylupin-snape chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I absolutely loved all the emotions, all the reflections, all the feelings, all the doubt, the regret, the longing, the remorse, all of it in perfect harmony. The last little paragraph, especially, stood out for me. The word choices were beautiful, and I liked the subtle hints of repetition. I just wish that I could pop up in that little graveyard, and yell out to him some sort of advice! Poor Lupin...Marred forever...This (I felt) blended beautifully into canon, and captured his character perfectly! Oh, and I love the title!
Invisiblegirl3 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I like the symbolism in this, with the moon and all. You always have really good perspective in your writing.