Reviews for Hello, Old Friend
bluespiritgal chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Heart moving scene. I hated the end of that episode, especially since it was the end of the season without a date for even a season three. Evil writers! Anyway, I thought you had the characters right on spot. Nicely done. Sherlock is not an easy character to write and keep in cannon.
MonkeeMidgie chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
aww...no fair makin' the readers cry, now! Just for that, I demand you write more at once. :P
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Gah, absolutely heartbreaking and bittersweet and beautiful!

Wow, Moriarty is creepy in this verse. What a madman! And how horrible, what he has in mind for when Sherlock finally comes out of hiding! Knowing you, that story is going to put both the characters and the readers through the wringer. ;) I love the bit about John feeling like Sherlock really is an old friend, too, and the strange sensations of deja vu.

I like the idea that Sherlock manages to be there when John is, so as to hear his words. Naturally, he would show up on the anniversary.

There's so much emotion in this piece. Both John's and Sherlock's parts, and their monologues, are heart-wrenching. And I love how you've woven the key words throughout the story, used in so many different ways. The wreath saying "I still believe" is so poignant, too. And that last paragraph ... gah.