Reviews for Hostage
AngelRedfield chapter 3 . 10/8/2013
Great story! I hope you post more soon! (:
bloody raptor chapter 3 . 9/28/2013
I'd say Henry's apartment was never fixed from his last incident. Unless that hasn't occurred yet.
bloody raptor chapter 2 . 6/18/2013
interesting please continue
Raforta chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
Wow, just wow! One of the best fanfiction I've ever read! Hope to read the next chapter soon! :)
Guest chapter 2 . 5/2/2013
UPDATED!
maleficient chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
This story has a lot of potential, please update when possible.
DiamondGamer chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
I like it, continue!
Bearforce1 chapter 2 . 3/20/2013
Wow need more!
But... "There's a pregnant pause in the room and they all can partially hear the riot booming beyond the walls." seems a little odd.
Kobi chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
I'm really enjoying this, and I think you've captured the characters very well. Please update whenever you can :)
MS chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
Im really enjoying your story so far, and Im excited to see where you take this pairing.
Datchcole chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
Yes! You updated!

Loved the inclusion of Shepard and Sewell. Looking forward again to the next chapter.
Kasume-sama chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
I'm glad you updated! I really liked the Alex scene (I could see him going crazy in prison). I wish there had been more Henry in it though :I Anyways I hope the next update won'ttake quite as long!
Camadian Leah chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Howdy! First of all, I love this story so far and I really hope it's updated soon! I like the characters and how you portray them, well done!
As for the technical stuff, I love how you describe things, it's very detailed and gives a very narrative mental image. The characters, as stated previously, are written very well, Richard Braintree scares me about twice as much now and I really would not want to be neighbours with that one!
Henry is also written very well, you capture the mind of an introvert very well and every bit of his descriptions sound accurate to someone quiet.
Even though he only has a few lines, I think Murphy is written well too, you've got the whole quiet intimidating factor down.

Anyway, I hope you continue with this story! I like it a lot and I'd love to see more of it!
ElunaX12 chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I have this horrible feeling that this will be one of those fictions that really intrigues me and makes me want more but will never get past the first chapter. Ho-hum. *Follows and favorites anyway.* Not like I'm much better about being consistent... *Cough, dusts story written years ago under the proverbial table.*

An actual review:
I am usually not much of a fan of the easily-scared-shitless Henry, but... as I'm assuming this is taking place before the events of the actual game, I can sort of see it. I enjoyed that you spent some time letting us get to know your version of Henry, and-lolRichard-get an idea of how he would react to things before getting into the actual story. Maybe it's not my interpretation of him, as I would expect him to have much more of a blank-stare-the-hell-do-you-want sort of attitude going on, but lalalala. Your story, not mine.

The bit on Henry's feelings towards Eileen is quite good-this is the part that is closest to my interpretation of him, albeit perhaps I imagine it with less outward passion in his frustration, even when alone. LolStalkerHenry.

Minimal typos. I appreciate this. A lot. I also appreciate the fact that you actually "end your quotations properly. With either a period or a comma," and it's actually inside the bloody quotation marks. AUGH. So refreshing.

The story moves well, on its own. No particularly awkward moments, and the confrontation seemed pretty natural, although, I would have thought that Henry would have been easier to subdue, seeing as Murphy had been in prison and Henry had been alternating between sleeping and photographing things. Meh, details. The scene overall has some nice tension to it, and good pacing. And, call me shameless, but the idea of a soaking wet Murphy restraining poor Henry did make me snicker with delight like I was back in 9th grade.

In summary:
I liked it.
Write moar.
Datchcole chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Very interesting, and good characterization. Look forward to an update.