Reviews for A Very Long Engagement
VeronicaConnor chapter 18 . 3/16/2013
Her mother is a manipulative b*tch. I just feel so bad for Carla having her mind played with by everyone. The poor girl must be so confused. I hope Liam finds her soon, and they run off together. It would be interesting to see how that perverted Doctor would react to the news that his favourite patient has disappeared too.
Update soon, lovely!
VeronicaConnor chapter 17 . 1/13/2013
Oh my god, Frank is an absolute nut case! He and Sharon would actually make the perfect match.
Poor Carla is just so trapped, and I hate the way everyone is always playing mind games with her; it's no wonder she's so messed up, love her.
Please, please, please update soon because I'm in love with this story!
VeronicaConnor chapter 15 . 1/12/2013
Wow. This chapter is so powerfully, and beautifully written. You have such a talent that, I don't even know where to began praising you. You're very wise; the things you say really make me think, and you have this amazing ability to understand life - even though there isn't any particular meaning to it - and human emotions, too. I honestly don't know how you do it, but I am in complete awe of you and your work and I'm excited to read more.

Iloveyou, boo!

PS. I hope at least some of that made sense!
massivealikingfan chapter 15 . 1/8/2013
I hope Carla doesn't die. This was heartbreaking to read :( please update soon x
dipdipdipmyblueship chapter 14 . 1/7/2013
What are you doing to me Canuck?

I'm in tears right now! That was so heartbreaking. Poor Carla and Liam.

Damn that Sharon Donovan!

I know he'll eventually figure out where she is because Dean will be working for Foster, but dammit that was super emotional.

I gotta hand it to you, you wrote several characters in this chapter just fabulously. I love Dean's smarmy attitude: you want to smack him one minute but high five him the next haha

Sharon is an absolute tool; very typical of social-climbing women of the 1920s: her children's happiness does not come before her own, nor before wealth or status. Well done, you!

I'm sure you'll have something redeeming about her somewhere along the way, as you always write your characters with such shadowing shades of gray. (Except Frank in PP...vile vile vile evil incarnate)

And Liam is just as wonderful as always. So deep, so introspective:

And this: "And there it is again, when the emptiness and pain get him so much he doesn't want to breathe anymore."

I can't even respond to how beautifully written that line is. How it encompasses true heartbreak to its very core.

I'm so happy you've posted again, and I can't wait for the next update. Well done as always! :)
massivealikingfan chapter 13 . 12/9/2012
This is amazing. I hope Liam and Carla get to be together properly. :) x
massivealikingfan chapter 12 . 11/21/2012
I love this. I hope Carla is okay :( I hate Leanne like I do in corrie. X
KeepTheHeid chapter 12 . 11/21/2012
Hehe I do like reading about bitchy Leanne. I don't necessarily like her but I did enjoy reading that. Especially as they were all against her :D What a cow.

I hope this doesn't mean Liam's going to go back to his old way of thinking and start pushing her away again or Paul will just have to pop up and give him a good talking to.
I hope Carla's okay :s She's having a bit of a rough time at the moment, isn't she? Poor thing.
More soon x
VeronicaConnor chapter 12 . 11/21/2012
Leanne is such a bitch. Carla doesn't deserve to have such a vicious-tongued, hypocrital slapper for a friend, Corie! ;)
Liam is perfect. But I hope this doesn't set him back to his old way of thinking again. Him & Carla are meant to be, and I really want to see Tony & Sharon's reaction to the wedding being called off. And I'm anxiously awaiting to see what Sharon does with that poem too, all I know is, it's not looking good for Carla at the moment!

Brilliant update, lovely! Can't wait to read more of this work of art, and PP too.
Fic chapter 12 . 11/21/2012
Wow just wow i have no words this is a famtastick fic i effing love it x
dipdipdipmyblueship chapter 12 . 11/20/2012
Oh my freakin' Lord Corie!

I actually teared up at those few paragraphs! Poor Liam!

You know how much I adore this story and absolutely love your writing; so much that I could just ramble on and on about how you put these amazing little touches within your fics that are so intelligent and so deep, and about how you capture the emotional conflict of your characters to a realism that is quite scary! But instead, I shall hit my favourite parts of this update:

- I loved the eye-f***ing between Carla and Liam at the table...so HAWT! :)
- Sharon Donovan: just the mere mention of that woman makes my blood boil...A FICTIONAL CHARACTER CORIE, and she's making my blood boil well done you amazing writer you! (as I stated on twitter - Sharon Donovan: the actual elephant in the room)
- Leanne AKA the Joker..."do you want to see a magic trick?" Psycho Bitch...

I can't even comprehend how heart-breaking it is that Carla has collapsed in Liam's arms and he immediately believes his nightmares are becoming reality...wow...just wow!

I cannot wait until the next update. Simply freaking amazeballs!
KeepTheHeid chapter 11 . 11/19/2012
Is that Liam in another wardrobe? He'll be getting a name for himself soon lol.

Damn that Sharon, why does she have to ruin everything? I'm guessing now she's going to kick off about Liam's poem. I can't wait to see how she reacts to Carla calling the wedding off hehe I can't wait to read that! :D There's gonna be bloodshed ...

Excellent chapter m'dear. More soon. :)
Fic chapter 11 . 11/19/2012
I knew that was going to happen, just as they were about to get it on, very good chapter as ever love the fact Liam has admitted her loves carla, all seems well but for how long? x
dipdipdipmyblueship chapter 11 . 11/19/2012
Okay, so this was one just massive pile of amaze-balls! I loved how Liam has finally opened up and realized that he can't live without her.

" I want to know that it's possible for happiness to exist in the same space as sadness, that one won't win out over the other every time... I want to remember us," That line was so well written, so wrapped in conflicting emotion, it actually made me tear up. It is a simple line but so very powerful in its delivery. This will be the theme for the remainder of the story methinks...It will be what Liam struggles with internally through the drama and conflict you will no doubt interweave flawlessly throughout the chapters.

I just adore that poem by Sappho. It, like your story, is so simple in its wording and yet so powerful in visually capturing emotion, while extracting those feelings from the readers.

The last two lines of that poem were not mentioned here...and I have a feeling it's because you'll use it somewhere else along the way. They are after all, the heart of the poem, and of true unconditional love itself...you're a clever cookie Corie! ;)

The fact that Liam was touching her so intimately as he recited that poem was just swoonworthy. I love how he had her stand in front of the mirror but had her close her eyes so it was just him watching her reactions as he pleasured her for the first time:

"She felt his breathing getting thicker and deeper along with hers, from all the hard work he was doing. His one hand sweaty as it clung to the fabric of her dress, trying his best to make sure Carla doesn't let go"...

Erotic as anything that was...and again because of its realism and simplicity!

Haha I love how you again used the hiding in the closet angle! But I must warn you now Corie, if you keep putting Liam in a wardrobe I'm going to have to pluck him right out of your story and keep him for my very own! That's right I'm going to reach in, pluck him out and put him in my closet, cause that is the best surprise to find in your wardrobe! ;)

Can't wait for the next update...damn that Sharon! Chuck is wanting to roundhouse kick that beyotch into the previous century...and he can do it...he can do anything...
massivealikingfan chapter 11 . 11/18/2012