Reviews for Lie to Me
CN7 chapter 1 . 1/10
The repetition of his doubt and the amount of lives that had been sacrificed was so well portrayed and natural. How interesting that you ended with a quote from Adolph Hitler, and how well it holds is remarkable. The interaction between Liara and Shepard here is so sweet.
lazykumo chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
A powerful piece. I am going to enjoy redoing Arrival with this story in mind. Thank you for such a well crafted story.
darksider45 chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Excellent Story!
Ygrain33 chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
So poignant, so touching. A sacrifice has its price, on many levels, and it's good to see that at least on this one, Shepard gets the support he needs.
MADARAmagekyo chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Truly outstanding story. The quote at the end really hits it out of the park the internal torment Paragon Shepard is going through. The repetition of 304,942 reinforces this throughout the piece. Excellent from start to finish. Nice work!
demonicpoet chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
This was absolutely stunning, the repetition of the numbers represented his mind-set so well, so eery.
And the last word was the icing on the cake. Well done.
chrizzle88 chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
This was terrific. The repetition of 304,942 was great and the dark tone is done perfectly. Shepard comparing himself to Hitler was also done great. Awesome job.
drunkencoder chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Great story! I'm glad you portrayed his reaction to the event this way. It always seemed too damn cold.
darkpast99 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Another great story! The quote a the end took me by surprise too (in a good way)
SpiritOfSherwood chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Loved this! There isn't enough MaleShep/Liara out there and although short it was very sweet. I always headcanoned that my Shepard went to see Liara on Hagalaz one last time before turning himself into the Alliance. You do Shepard's weakness in the face of the Alpha Relay explosion extremely well. I hated how in ME3 Shepard got a grand total of one dialogue option to show even the slightest hint of remorse of obliterating 304,942 people in an instant, innocent and guilty all in one stroke. "I am not a God" indeed. Hope to see more of your work in the future!

The Spirit
Sharrukin chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
I've always thought that the Alpha Relay was the beginning of the end for Shepard, the first sign that there weren't going to be any more great triumphs without terrible sacrifice. Now Shepard has to doubt himself, doubt what he's doing, and still somehow keep going. You brought that out very well. Nicely done.
almostinsane chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Great story! Poor Shepard. This is how I imagine a paragon Shepard might have felt. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Get off the cross Shepard. Who cares about some lousy slavers?
FaberFortuna chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Ah, Bittersweet - I'd say that was the perfect way to describe it. I always figured Bahak to be a scarring experience, and this does it justice.
Boom Chunks chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
The quote at the end was excellent, it fit so perfectly. Keep up the good work.