Reviews for Breathing Is Just a Rhythm
LondonLi chapter 4 . 3/9/2013
What I love about your writing is you give us a glimpse of their inner growth and give them a chance to grow. Sometimes I feel as if the TV versions aren't given the same courtesy!;) Thanks for posting!
Sheytune chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
"Once the initial sting has had a chance to fade, the difficult part is no longer forgiving one another for stupid things said in the heat of the moment. Which is good, because they both have the tendency to say and do a lot of stupid things. "

I think this is my favourite line in this one. It's so true - they approach the world so differently that they do tend to say & do stupid things, and they wouldn't survive if they couldn't get past that.
Sheytune chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
He nods along with this before he really thinks about what she's just said. "Wait, you can't wear your suit without clothes on, Bones."

"I can't put it on over my dress, Booth. It would be terribly uncomfortable."

"But you'll be naked!"

"You can't tell what I wear underneath my jumpsuit. For all you know, I'm always naked."

Hee. There's Brennan, totally matter of fact, get the job done, and Booth, who is caught up in the details.

"Whoa whoa whoa, sex? On the first date, Bones? You didn't have sex with me on the first date."

"Well it wasn't for lack of trying, Booth," Brennan retorts with exasperation, setting a hand on her hip. "You were the one who insisted on waiting. Although what possible difference those five additional days made, I will never know."

This made me laugh. Of course Booth wanted to wait, and of course Brennan didn't see the point.

"Booth is seeing someone," Brennan blurts.

Booth's gaze snaps back to her and she shrugs her shoulders, clearly willing to sacrifice him when it means that Angela will now be his problem and she can go back to work.

And she throws him to the wolves ... or wolf. Love this whole scene.
Sheytune chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
"Yes, without mommy. You know, you never sound this surprised when your mother goes to work without me."

She shrugs. "You need more help than mommy does."

This just seems so real.

I love that Brennan is pushing herself out of her comfort zone for her child - even though Booth thinks she's lost her mind.
Sheytune chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Ah, that old tension - and the eventual move towards understanding/acceptance. Love this.
Fluffybird chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
Good chapter thank you.
jsboneslover chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Interesting that while the baby plays a HUGE role in this story, we never even know if it is a boy baby or a girl baby! Funny! Interesting take on the baptism. It would/will be interesting to see if Brennan on the show takes a different tact about baptism given her near death experience.
FauxMaven chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Very nice, although I was a teensy bit afraid Booth was reduxing S4 finale there for a bit!
Rangers042376 chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Beautiful. I loved this. So emotional. I hope that the show delves further into the consequences of Brennan running away and Booth's issues with it.
razztaztic chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Wait...you didn't tell us if the new baby is a boy or girl! Well? Well?

I love how effortless you make this seem, even when it's painful it's natural and so is the resolution. Not a big dramatic "scene" but organic and real and soooo THEM.

This is the B&B I see. Thanks for letting me continue to see them that way.
RowdyRomantic chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Booth having a bit of a Mid life meltdown ...hun?

Nicely done!
chosenname chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Sweet, sad, and hopeful- nice combination!
Jenny1701 chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Ooh - lots of angst in this one - but your right I'm sure there must be a sense of "deja vu" and they both have so many past traumas and insecurities to deal with - great writing - you had me worried as to what direction you were heading with this story about half way through the story. Looking forward to the next chapter - perhaps it could be a little fluffier?
Jenny
AmandaFriend chapter 4 . 2/28/2013
Thank you for this. People sometimes need to wrap their thoughts around an idea before they can accept it and you capture that struggle very well. Your writing style and ability to capture the essences of B&B and project it so well onto this situation is fabulous.
SchwuppDiDupsi chapter 4 . 2/28/2013