Reviews for Breathing Is Just a Rhythm
Amilyn chapter 6 . 10/11/2013
Brilliant, BRILLIANT. The silence, chatter, explosions juxtaposed between her role and his role, now and Hannah, him forgetting (in moments) that things are NOT as they should be... And then the attempt at protecting her (even if only from prying eyes) backfiring YET AGAIN. The lies to protect backfiring AGAIN. And him feeling, constantly throughout, that he is failing, that he is burning down around himself everything he holds perfect. Brennan trying to reconnect through sex-as she does when she's desperate-then withdrawing when EVEN WITH THIS he won't be direct... Then that PERFECT last bit where she explodes that it HURTS and she doesn't want to feel like this every day (with the implied "again" that hearkens back to her childhood, the times they've fought, her struggles with how to address her family's betrayals and returns) and Booth thinking, as the perfect bookend to his utter *desperation* for her to talk at the beginning of the piece, that there are worse things than her's a PERFECT last line: painful, awkward, sad, and shows so well how he's trapped into a corner, how, in this moment, Pelant is winning because they are BOTH miserable, and Pelant gets to see it.
JMHaughey chapter 6 . 10/10/2013
My sociopathic heart is a flutter. So much hurt, you portrayed it so well.
razztaztic chapter 6 . 10/10/2013
Oh. Oh. Ouch. My babies. My poor poor babies.

So much pain here, for both of them. :-(
grc73 chapter 6 . 10/10/2013
I just accidentally posted a review for this on another story! Damn you iPad! Anyway, what I wanted to say was these are fabulous, please keep them coming. :)
Guest chapter 6 . 10/10/2013
heartcrushing and heartbreaking and so wonderful
SchwuppDiDupsi chapter 6 . 10/9/2013
wow, really great.
RositaLG chapter 6 . 10/9/2013
I know I went ballistic on phone because my keyboard promptly broke. YOU BROKE MY KEYBOARD. There is nothing about this I don't adore and while I didn't cry this time, I still felt the knife slicing up my rib cage at the best parts:

His desire for her to just SHUT UP and then she does and he wants to take every moment of 11 years back so he never thinks that ever again. And I'm whimpering already.

Booth goading like Brennan goaded him and the irony that is that moment in his life and he finally understands why she acted the way she did back then and he's right there now and can't fix it. And I'm fetal and NOT teary because I learned my lesson last time.

He can't make love to her when he knows that Pelant is watching and of course he can't, but he can't say that and it's killing me dead inside and I'm not even in this canon. I just want to scream "THERE ARE CAMERAS IN YOUR CLOCKS!" (Which, BTW, that was never explained. Fuckers.)

And then he fails, he fails with a lot of color and I'm dead. Dead on the floor, dead inside, all sorts of dead.

And then, for the grand finale, we've come full circle and now he's begging for her silence and we've bookended and I can't even COPE, SUNSETDREAMER. I CAN'T!
LondonLi chapter 5 . 7/10/2013
Sometimes I don't think they talk about their own timeline. I think this is a great representation of if they did!;) Thanks for posting!
Sheytune chapter 5 . 7/9/2013
Love the bickering, and Brennan's method of counting.
delia84 chapter 5 . 7/4/2013
Love the thought of them arguing over how long they've been together.

Also, love me some good, sassy Angela. Poor new kid Sam.
Brabkeb chapter 5 . 7/4/2013
I love what our silly and whimsical mood brought to us! I'm a sucker for the use of strangers providing perspective about these two, because they really do tend to get caught up in their own thing, and while we delight in that as fans, it really must often be bewildering to others. And one of my favorite things is when people (often Booth) get frustrated with a seeming cold, intractable stance Brennan makes, and it turns out that she made it for extremely emotional and sentimental reasons. Sigh. These two. The bickering and affection was just right. Thank you for your continued contributions to this fandom.
FaithinBones chapter 5 . 7/2/2013
Loved that they can't agree about how long they've been together. It's them. Felt sorry for the interloper.
JBCFlyers19 chapter 3 . 7/2/2013
Man I love Angela! Awesome chapter!
JBCFlyers19 chapter 2 . 7/2/2013
Awesome chapter! Loved the Bones and Booth interaction... and that Christine "gets" her mother.
SchwuppDiDupsi chapter 5 . 7/2/2013
oh yeah really good work!
175 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »