Reviews for La Bohème
cameron.sweet.5 chapter 8 . 10/8
So not even sure if you are still active on the site, so I might be speaking to an empty room; and I am only writing this review because I feel like my problem with the Piano Hate sex hasn't been brought up over the years of other reviews.

It is the simple fact that you followed canon events and let it happen, That I have a problem with, I noticed at least for this story after they came back from Paris you seemed to be carefully treading close to canon events while inserting the Dair friendship (maybe more than friends) here and there. Which is sort of fine for keeping the story semi easy to follow, but then it also makes it feel like the changes you have made to the story and characters don't matter at all; if canon events are just going to happen anyway. Sure you can say it was Blair protecting Dan from Chuck by making sure they are not together by "cheating" on him if they were. But there are other ways to protect Dan, never mind all the shit Dan just used to "protect" Blair. It just comes off as forced and only there to create more angst and tension for no reason.

Anyway the point is the butterfly effect should have made it so you didn't need the piano scene in the first place. Thus there would have been no problem, thus no outrage. All readers of any fiction hate when the author forces something to happen for a plot reason(plot device) because it the readers only know it is there because the author forced it to be there, not because if this was a living breathing world; that the events would have happened that way in the first place.
Samantha chapter 1 . 9/7
Be cautious about things like content and legalities.
iwrotethissky chapter 8 . 9/27/2016
so, i think you would've liked better a review for every chapter, and i'm pretty sure that's what you deserve. i mean, you wrote a really good piece of fiction for no money or whatsoever. but, sadly, i was so anxious for reading more and more, that i couldn't remember to write something at the end of every chapter. so, my dear:

let's say that for the last two years, i've felt like Yuyin from Hey Arnold because i don't have any luck. also, i haven't been feeling like myself lately, and i have so much shit to do, that i don't even have time to feel sorry about all the damn things that have happened to me and my family. it's like, i can't even put a damn shoe without hurting my feet, you know? and today, between the stress that i feel for writing my thesis (i have to send the first three chapters in like, three days, and i'm stuck in one), my work, my life. (man, i need a therapist) so like i was saying, today i was feeling pretty bad, and i went to tumblr to remember why being a teen was great, and being an adult is not. so i was scrolling when i saw a gifset with a quote that i really liked and with pictures of dan & blair. i clicked the link; it went to "For me...formidable", and after i read the disclaimer, i thought: ok, what the hell? i haven't read a good dair fanfiction in months, so i don't think i'm going to pass the first chapter of the prequel. man, i was wrong:

i wanna thank you for making me forget about how shitty my life is at the moment. i wanna thank you, also, for remind me that one of the things that i like about me, it is that i'm also a writer and kind-of-living for that (even though i haven't never published anything, but c'mon, i have faith) and man, i feel inspired. i wanna thank you because you fixed the mess that the gossip girl writers did; and i wanna thank you because while i was reading this, i was smiling. and today, i didn't smile pretty much. you have a gift; you made my day better through your writing, your words made me forget about my problems, and i only thought about dan & blair while i was reading this, so thank you. thank you very much.

by the way, i actually enjoyed the fact that blair & chuck did (indeed) have sex in the piano. even though that was like THE WORST ARC THAT THE WRITERS COULD THINK OF, i liked the way you handle it. at the end, sex is just sex, and sometimes doesn't mean anything. (by the way, doesn't make you laugh how short chuck is and how he's like, not reaching her hahahaha. i'm pretty sure they couldn't do it there). i'm usually always up for the angst, but when i know that the characters i'm rooting for are, actually, in love. so i liked. don't ever worry that much about what reader think; it's your history, write it because no one is going to do it for you.

thank you, again, for giving away your free time to help people like me to disconnect for a couple of hours. now, i should come back to my thesis, but honestly fuck it, so i'm reading the sequel. feel free to write me a private message if you want to talk about dan and blair, and how shitty is adult life.

disclaimer: english is not my first language, so i'm sorry if there is a spelling or gramatical mistake
NomadDreamer chapter 8 . 2/7/2016
Parfait comme toujours! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent x
Monique chapter 8 . 5/21/2015
This is a beautifully woven çi!
Wozzler chapter 6 . 4/23/2014
piano sex is one event i really did not wanna read about. ugh. the dialogue before that scene was cringeworthy.
chrisguy9017 chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
The ending to this chapter isreally romantic. Being an physics major, I suck at creative writing and my only talent is bass guitar soooo sadly I won't be writing any happy endings for any1. Will have to settle for underground- rock groupies.
denise chapter 8 . 1/21/2013
awwww this was really sweet. great ending. love it
denise chapter 3 . 1/21/2013
absolutely LOVE it!
Guest chapter 8 . 1/3/2013
Wow! What a great last chapter. More Serena and Chuck drama please. I love seeing what total losers those two are, never gets boring
DGfleetfox chapter 8 . 1/1/2013
Awww. Lovely ending :)
DH chapter 8 . 1/1/2013
Amazing cant wait for the follow up
WordsIcantsay chapter 8 . 12/31/2012
This was a really good conclusion to the story. You're DB is fun to read and overall, this is probably one of my fave Dair fics. I'm really happy you plan on writing a sequel! After reading the chapter, I'm guessing this won't be the last we hear from Chuck.
BekaRoo chapter 8 . 12/31/2012
I love Dan and Blair and the fact everyone sees Blair as Blair not as evil or Chuck and Blair...
I also love that serena is not seen in a great light. :) Please update soon :)
Guest chapter 8 . 12/31/2012
All you Dair fic writers kill me with how good you are. This was fantastic and I can't wait to read more from you.