Reviews for Entirely Up To You
Addicted1 chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Thank you for writing this! I've been waiting for someone to write this since the "portable" line. You've outdone any possible expectations I could have held, though. This is just fantastic. I love how you lead us through Rumpel's qualms, and subsequent dismissal of them, regarding using Regina in such a horrible manner. I'm particularly glad you contrasted it directly with his love and quest for Bae, because the two are difficult to reconcile, and you did it wonderfully.

Fantastic description of Cora and why Rumpel had to wait another 30 years for someone to cast the curse.

Thank you for this!
Khiori chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
So heartbreaking. You've shown it perfectly-people enslaving themselves and others, out of the desperation and false belief that somehow it will end up making them free, that somehow they will get happiness out of doing everything opposite to it.

I love how smoothly and precisely and beautifully you write. This is just amazing!
Khiori chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
This was utterly fantastic! Brilliantly written-careful, far reaching, terrifying and completely engaging all at once. This is so good I would SWEAR it was canon. You show Cora and the imp with a masterful capture. What a perfect way to show the start of the Evil Queen-and to feel the heart ache for that tiny baby even as we shiver knowing what she will end up from the manipulations of these two. You wrote those two EXACTLY. Elegance and evil.
Vanillasiren chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
Extremely well-done. I really enjoy this story.
minorshan chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
A beautifully written character study. And it made me ponder a few things about Cora's backstory. :)
oiulkjmnbdfgvbnasdcvbrtyqwezxc chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
This is very smart. I'm all for stories on Regina's childhood and mainly Cora's involvement with Rumple. Looking forward to your updates.
HeavyRotation chapter 2 . 1/15/2013
I'm glad you updated, I love this chapter a lot. So perfect how Henry is already portrayed as tending and adoring of Regina while Cora's obsession with power is growing. Looking forward to more!
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
This shall be my head-canon from now on. It's just so plausible, and you've definitely done the characters of Rumple and Cora justice. I especially liked that you showed a more human side to Rumple, but still managed to keep him in-character. I can actually see a deal like this having been made concerning Regina's life, it's sad to think that her fate was decided for her. Still, I love the eerie atmosphere of this piece, Cora really is the perfect villain. Thanks for sharing!
Marshmallow19 chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I absolutely loved this story, and I can totally see something like this actually happening in the show
ThePerfidiousAlbion chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Yes, this is good...I think you do a great job unpacking Rumple's motivations in this. And I agree - Cora is scary!
SandandSea1 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Do it! This was a fascinating look at the factors that could have shaped Regina into The Evil Queen.
Just.D chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
This is really, really good. I normally don't review stories but I just had to review this. You're a terrific writer, keep up the good work. I would love to see a couple more chapters )
Vanillasiren chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Oh my goodness, this is just incredibly well written! Awesome :)
ShirohebiGirl chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
So glad uve joined the band wagon haha. Quite excellent no plot holes and i love the themselves way you set things up for the future. Want to know more
Redemption by Fire chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Oh wow! I have always thought that Cora was the millers daughter from Rumplestiltskin and last Sunday's episode really confirmed it.
This story was incredible! I would put money down on the final reveal of Rumplestiltskin's deal with Cora and Regina going down very similiar to this. I thought Rumplestiltskin's inner thoughts fit with his character development in the show and the dark yet playful tie between Regina and Mr. Gold.
He may have destroyed Regina with magic to get to Bae, but I fully believe that Storybrooke as it stood pre-cursebreak was entirely for Regina's benefit. The land that is the fairest of them all. Or as least as fair, as Regina discovers that she can make/ or not make it.
I also felt that Cora was abused from your portrayal of her in this story. Not by Henry, but by someone in her past. That and her cold, calculating manipulation of Regina in the show, and proclamation that love is weakness, practically screams "I was abused." I do feel that the show is flipping on its side now, and making Regina the good guy and Cora the bad guy. So I hope that this proves true, giving everyone a reason to pity and care for Cora too, even if she possibly can't be redeemed, that perhaps peace shall come one day.