Reviews for Faith in War
Rosycat chapter 1 . 4/21/2017
This... was amazing. Wow. The raw emotion... fit into history... stunning. You're a brilliant author. I'm not good at reviews and am often a silent reader nowadays... but you are brilliant. I'm also reading Shades Of Innocence so I know this isn't a onetime thing... wow.
jennyVDL93 chapter 1 . 2/11/2017
I know this is historically inaccurate since... Britain never want to be part of Europe, at least not at the WWII (even now they choose Brexit). And it's US who determined to make peace with Germany. But thank you for making this, that Germany is not the evil. Thank you for making Germany as a human, not a mass murder even though I believe as a nation he automatically part of the Hitler regime. Oh, that's funny that you very much hesitate to say his name like he is Voldemort, hahaha.
sodaandscones chapter 1 . 10/4/2016
This is beautiful. I'm damn grateful someone finally fucking acknowledges that GermanyNazi isn't true. Germany, both the country and the character don't necessarily reflect their leaders. Jewish people were a PART of Germany. They may have been prosecuted, yes, but they still made up a part of, the population. II've always seen countries as mother-like figures to their people. There is no way Germany would be happy carting his people, his CHILDREN, in a sense, to concentration camps. He'd practically be killing himself. But he doesn't have a choice. Hitler was the RULER of Germany, and the character Germany wouldn't have had a choice. He may have been powerful, but Hitler could still dictate what he did.

I LOVE the dynamics between England and Germany here. I may not ship it, but I've always felt that these two never get enough interaction. And they're SO similar too, I've always thought they could easily empathize with each other, and this fic portrays that perfectly. They're both 'the black sheep of Europe', both hated by everyone else. England was constantly under attack, even as a child, by France, Denmark, heck, even Scotland, his own brother! He was hated and looked down upon, invaded constantly for no reason. And Germany was treated unfairly, after ww1. He was given all the blame, and was forced to pay for reparations despite currently going through famine and with no allies to support him, as he was forbidden to join with Austria-Hungary.
I love America's logic in this, 'his country is killing people so he's the bad guy' because it's SO America. His and England's mindset really portray their wisdom and age difference, and how he sees the world in black and white, with good and evil, whilst England, having experienced both sides, knows that it's so much MORE than that.

This was a beautifully crafted piece, and I would like to thank the authof for graciously giving up her time and brilliant and beautiful mind to contribute this wonderful piece of work.

Thank you.
SuperChocolateLovers chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
This is so good. It kind of makes mine seem like a second class fic whilst yours is first class. I love how you presented it, not making either Germany or England the bad guy, and that's what counts in the end.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
Fact here: Hitler came from Austria...
tapion580 chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
This was amazing! I loved everything about it!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
YAY
someone finally acknowledges that it's not germany's fault!
OpheliacOfCamelot chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
This was...simply amazing, beautiful. Made me cry and that's a very good thing :') I love when I cry because it means the author did a good job. I truly wish more people would see it like this and understand that whilst stereotypes are okay there are some like all Germans being nazi. Or that the country itself is evil. None are true :/ Hitler was just...seriously fucked in the head but the country itself didn't have a choice. It can be proven many tried to go against and kill the fuher but they were just executed once it was figured it was them. A sad story indeed. But I love this with all my heart. Excellent job Hannah-San 3
Guest chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Good one I always knew Germany did no wrong!
PunkIggy chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
GerUk! This was great! Loved the angst, poor England and Germany. Ughhh this is my otp only because I just love how obsessed Germany was with England joining them during WW2.
Kindacute chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Excellent! I love it! I like how you wrote that Europe is a family and that even if it is Germany which is being destroyed Europe might break apart! I like this whole idea of Europe being a family a lot! And I also liked the sentence where you wrote that Germany has to deal with the consequences of WWII and that this is punishment enough! I ( as a German...more or less at least) think that this is true. Not only did the Germans image in the world suffer from it ( there are so many stereotypes about Germans, for example us being Nazis, which is not that true at all, there are some of those stupid Nazis left but they are being watched by the government) but also our language. We cannot use words we used before WWII the same way because they might offend people or they are a reminder about this whole dictatorship in this time. Also killing the ones responsible for such a cruel event is not the right thing to do, death is not that much of a punishment. People who are to blame for such events should keep on living with the knowledge what they did and being in prison! They should see what they did wrong! And that is also a reason why students should learn about history, so that they will not repeat what happened( German students learn about what happened during WWI and WWII and especially what we did to minority groups and Jews)
Therefore I agree with the things Arthur said and that war is a bad thing and that living with the consequences is more a punishment than being killed because then you cannot regret. I am not sure if you know that but after the allies freed the prisoners of the concentration camps they forced the people who lived around those camps ( in cities or villages) to go there while the corpses were still lying around. They forced them to watch movies about the camps and there were two girls who giggled and they had to watch the movie again. Maybe it seems to be kind of harsh but I think it is understandable, sometimes shocking people and forcibly opening their eyes is a good solution.
Anyway I think I never wrote such a long review and I shall thank you for writing such a thoughtful story.
Well done, wonderful story.
Greetings Kindacute
Angelic Sakura Blossom - Moved chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Hannah-sama...A-Amazing as always...TTTT That was so touching!
Kazoopernatural chapter 1 . 10/8/2012