Reviews for Isolani
MessengerOfDreams chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
So I looked up the basic premise of the show in order to know what on Earth it was about. And that, combined with reading this, really makes me want to check the show out. What a well-written little snapshot, really good at not only showcasing your writing but selling your source material, which I find to be pretty cool as well. Not many fanfics do that even in the subconscious way this does, so I commend you.

(I'm surprised to hear that the AMC remake didn't do well. With Jesus Christ and Magneto in the cast, I figured it'd do well...)
IrishPanther chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Interesting one-shot you've written here! As always, you have such a knack for description, and here you make it look flawless without using a single word with the letter 'e' in your whole story! It seems to me that Six has gotten himself into pretty hot water and Two is pushing his buttons about the incident that occurred (again, I'm not a fan of The Prisoner so I do not know what was is occurring). No grammar mistakes were spotted, so excellent work proofreading! I truly enjoyed reading this fabuolus drabble! :)
formalist chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
This is one of the best things I've read on this site. It could equally be a Georges Perec fan fiction.
Sierraoscar154 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I love the Prisoner. British TV at it's best, next to the Sweeney, and the Bill, and Blackadder and...*ahem*. Anyway, this captures the spirit of the TV show awesomely. The conversations between Two and Six are just as I would expect from the show, and you use such great language for not having to use any "e"s in the words. "Six's intonation was crisp, his consonants a hail of gunshots." I just love that sentence there, especially with the creative vocabulary that you had to come up with. I liked the minimal style of the setting, since it just fit so well. Good work.
Aspiring Hobby chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I do not know what fandom it is, but I really really liked it. And congratulations on completing your own challange. I really like your style of writing here.
SkywardDiamond chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
So you wrote all of this without using the word 'the'. One question: frickin' how?
"Anyhow, his prior compatriot was now without doubt put into an isolation unit far away..."

Must have been frustrating not being able to use 'undoubtedly' as that would have sounded better, but that's part of the challenge.

I love how different this is from your usual writing. The tone and style are quite different, and it's interesting to see. Although not knowing the background of this fic makes understanding it completely a bit of a challenge. I'm not entirely sure what it is referring to at times.

"Six's intonation was crisp, his consonants a hail of gunshots."
Interesting and unique line.

Going without the letter 'e' is so hard..as is demonstrated by this very review. I dunno how you managed it.. Nice work.
persevera chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Kudos for meeting the challenge of writing a story without using a particular letter...an e, yet.
[Six's intonation was crisp, his consonants a hail of gunshots. "I will win. I will find a way out."] I like this passage especially. I could just hear the staccato delivery.
The first exchanges were a little awkward. I couldn't always tell who was speaking.
I also like the the small knot of bric-a-brac buildings. Never heard architecture described that way.
This piece is especially good for mood or atmosphere, rather than for the story.
RedheadedMarina chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Wow. Skillful, and a full story with a perfect dramatic arch. I always liked "The Prisoner" and your bringing this scene to light within such restrictions is a great demonstration of your talent.
Ragnelle chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
I'm impressed. Both of the way your story flows (given the limitations) and at the length, but not only that: you also paint us a very tense situation and give us much more than a snapshot of an image. You really do tell us a story, and bring out the characters and give them each their distinct voice.

Yes, I am very impressed with this.
darkin520 chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Okay, I don't know this fandom, but holy cow, I am amazed. How do you people do so well without E's? :O

No matter. I am totally impressed, and I really loved the whole numbers thing. I'm not sure if that was canon or your own creation, but it really made the story, I must say. I really loved how the whole story was like a chess game, challenging one another. That was awesome. And I really loved the ending. I cannot believe you wrote so many E-free words. You have skills, woman! I'm impressed! Well done, as usual. Thanks for the story. :)