Reviews for A Song And A Dance (Or Two)
sunny.raindrop chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
Awww. So sweet.
MK chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
I really enjoyed your chapter. And all yo9ur other M/M stories. You have such a talent for story-telling.

By the way, the song Mary and Matthew danced to at the Servants' Ball was not by Strauss. Rather, it was y Edward Elgar "Salut d'Amour" - the song the English composer wrote to his fiancée as their engagement present. Just thought I should share this little info with you. On screen, it served as a musical clue to the proposal scene later. Sigh!

I also think the same song was played at Episode 1, when Matthew came back to Downton with Lavinia for the hospital concert.

Thank you again.
paynesgrey chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
This was lovely. Well done.
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
So intense, so true, so very beautiful, because they could've so easily lose this, but they didn't and they're grateful for it. Wonderful work as always, my dear :)
guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Absolutely lovely...I wished we would have more scenes in the show.
Paty chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
This was just so cute to read! I know I keep repeating myself here but I adore the way you write them! We need more bed scenes in the show. :)
Lola chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Aw, what a sweet way to address some of their past mistakes without much angst, instead understanding and appreciation. Beautifully written as always - Thanks!
thorteso chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Another moment of healing and moving on. I, too, think they should dance more!
Thanks for writing and sharing!
OCDownton chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
I think you've not only completely shattered your self proclaimed lack of ability to write anything 'short' but also you have cemented yourself as an absolutely stunning and truly (and I mean truly) talented writer. This was beautiful, you have a gift and I think you could make a career of writing if you wanted (and I have many many friends who are published authors that started as fan fiction writers.) Absolutely lovely.
Eternally Romantic chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
This is really amazing. I think its so great to see them just happy with minimal angst. Can't wait to read more!
Chickwriter chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
We… are not a show that flopped.

YES. I know we're not going to get moments like this, so I depend on you to feed the need! So good!
Willa Dedalus chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Oh this is such nice fluff. Thank you :)
I can just picture Matthew humming. Sometimes this OTP get in their own way so much it is nice to see them remember how many other people they owe their bliss too.
On either side the river lie chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Beautiful, and tender. Always love your writing, thanks
EOlivet chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
You have no idea how much I NEEDED this - such a perfect answer to the idea of whether M/M should feel guilty for their happiness. I LOVED the idea that so many things - not just Lavinia - have almost prevented them from being together, and the healing gesture of getting a gramophone seemed absolutely RIGHT. :D This was lyrical and lovely (the allusions to "dancing" of a different sort...oh my!) and I just adored it. :) Please keep writing! :D
luvgoround chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Right on! They, esp. Matthew, needed to come to that realization. To realize they were meant for each other...and let not man put asunder that which God has joined together. I know it's only fiction, but there is so much truth in it.