Reviews for Starnlicht
logop chapter 20 . 3/11
Pretty damn good story. Way too little reviews for a story of this quality.
Model Builder chapter 20 . 10/30/2013
Once again, the Marquis-Carabas has demonstrated his encyclopedic knowledge of the history of Medieval Europe (with an emphasis on Scotland,) as well as the history established by J.K. Rowling in her wonderfully imaginative "Potterverse." And once again, he has demonstrated his ability to combine the two into a seamless, and most entertaining story.

I think that one day in the not-too-distant-future, we may be buying his work in bookstores . . . .
Gwenlynn chapter 20 . 10/30/2013
What can I say but WoW. This has been a most excelkent story that I enjoyed reading. Truly a good find. Hope to read more of your stories on the future.
tonygestaple chapter 20 . 10/28/2013
Well, what an an excellent read and hank you for posting this story.
Grey Noise chapter 20 . 10/27/2013
This was an excellent end to an excellent story. Very, very good. I especially liked how you tied it into the roots of canon at the end.

On that note, what you've managed to do with history here is as unexpected as it is fascinating. You've managed to take Rowling's world and make it your own, something that takes not only no small amount of skill, but a certain vision I can only wish I had.

I look forward to your future works, and if they're anywhere near as good as this one I'll be right here waiting.
Model Builder chapter 18 . 10/27/2013
I want to see this made into a movie.

Now, WHO should be cast to portray Judith Fairweather . . . ?
tonygestaple chapter 18 . 10/27/2013
An excellent conclusion to the Battle of May! Your dialogue and narrative is simply amazing, and I can actually picture the scenes and conversations as they occur as though I was watching then on a screen. Very good writing indeed.
Sonosublime chapter 6 . 10/16/2013
I'm really enjoying this story so far. It took a little while to get going, but the world building was very well done.

Are you thinking of possibly going back and writing a story detailing Judith's years at Hogwarts?
Sonosublime chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Three interesting characters introduced in one chapter. I can't wait to find out more about them all, particularly the sweet, yet creepy woman with the inferi servants (got quite a funny mental picture of a zombie holding up a mirror at that part).
tonygestaple chapter 17 . 10/14/2013
Fantastic battle writing. This story is a genuine pleasure to read. Good work.
Model Builder chapter 17 . 10/13/2013
I have been awake for several hours now and have yet to turn on my TV. Though I read Chapter 17 in a little under 45 minutes, my TV is still off, and will remain off for several hours more. This is because anything else I may see on television now would seem anticlimactic in the wake of the battle scene I just finished reading.

The action in this chapter was unbelievable. I want to see this on the Big Screen. I have said it before, and I will say it again: I hope someone brings this to J.K. Rowling's attention.
Grey Noise chapter 17 . 10/12/2013
Another excellent action scene. I expect nothing less from the eminent Marquis. I must say, Judith is definitely suitably badass here, and her victory through previously established strategies was foreshadowed very well. Well done.

I usually try to find something the author can improve on when I comment, and I tried that here, really I did. But there really isn't anything I would improve in your writing. I fell like I've said this before. Insert pithy remark here.

Anyway, the climax is over, and all that's left is tying the strings together, sorting out the affairs. An epilogue, or maybe a denouement and then an epilogue. So close and yet so far.

Thanks for the story. I'll be watching.
reality deviant chapter 17 . 10/12/2013
nicely done.
wonder whom she cast it on, and what epilogue is planned
Model Builder chapter 16 . 10/6/2013
The Marquis-Carabas is true to form with his knock-em down and drag-em out scenes. So much going on in so many places with so many people and yet so easy to read and follow. I can't wait for more . . . .
Grey Noise chapter 16 . 9/29/2013
Typo, you've got a WIlkie that should be a Wilkie up near the beginning.

Anyway, this bit's very nice. Mostly action scenes, which are very much beyond my ability to write myself, much less fairly critique, but I feel you've done a good job on the lot of it. An especially good call on showing Lord Diggory's not an experienced fighter while still having his scene be interesting.

You're very much into the climax here, and I can't wait for the next exciting scene. I suppose there will be 20 chapters like your last story? Looking forward to the rest.

Keep on keeping on, you crazy good writer you.