Reviews for A Sonata for Icarus
Mama's Stories chapter 4 . 3/21/2014
Really weird story! But good!
Mama's Stories chapter 3 . 3/21/2014
Who are the other two people?
Mama's Stories chapter 2 . 3/21/2014
I feel kind of sorry for Shane.
Mama's Stories chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
That was super creepy!
Buster's Jezebel chapter 4 . 10/19/2013
I may have said this before, but you have a true gift for storytelling. You establish, pull me in, wring me out and then peg me on the line to dry. No matter how long or how short, I invest heavily and often heartbreakingly in each and every story of yours that I read.

This was simply superb. I admit at first I was kind of drifting through it and then I thought 'hang on a sec, did I read that right?' I did, so I told myself to cut it out and then went back and read it again from the beginning. And it grabbed me by the throat and didn't let go until long after I'd finished reading it.

The melancholy that the story caused me to have, then caused me to write my own melancholy and for that I thank you, the story it went into will be nothing other than better for it.

Bravo, this is truly outstanding.
MarionArnold chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Very beautiful - loved your little fluffy moment with Shane recognising his child and his bitter moment which became accepting of who she had fallen in love with. I'm thinking that Shane can now be at peace - hopefully Rick can as well. Thankyou for sharing.
Equal-Opportunity-Reader chapter 4 . 12/8/2012
Well. I like the Dixon inclusion? Kind of a last thumb in Shane's eye. . . or a crossbow bolt, perhaps.
deelove1 chapter 4 . 12/8/2012
Very,very well done:)
MarionArnold chapter 3 . 11/20/2012
Loved the circle of life theme - they are coming back for him and hopefully he will be at peace soon. Curious as to who the other two are - loved the visual of both Rick and Carl.
lucky713 chapter 3 . 11/19/2012
I love this. Favoriting. If Shane had thought things through like this when he was alive , he'd still be alive.
Equal-Opportunity-Reader chapter 3 . 11/19/2012
Well, I've got the willies now. Perhaps the universe hates you so much because you're a jerk, Shane. :P
Oh my! It sounds like you've had quite the time of things!
deelove1 chapter 3 . 11/19/2012
You wonderful tease who are the other two with Rick and Carl?
doctorkaitlyn chapter 2 . 10/26/2012
I really, really like the concept for this! I think you're doing a wonderful job writing it; I love how there's always a blur of sorts between what's real and what's just a memory. It could be really difficult to understand but you make it almost poetic. I really like this and I can't wait for the next bit. :D
MarionArnold chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
Almost spooky - Shane's thoughts, his memories mixing with his impressions of around him. Eternal torment?
Equal-Opportunity-Reader chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
Whew! Lovely! Almost thought the person in the vehicle was Rick or maybe even Carl, but nope.

Found one slip up: If he's (the) last sorry sonofabitch left that knows he'd even existed.